Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

I also have reservations about electric vehicles.

Then don't get one?
It's ridiculous to try and make driverless cars work on roads that weren't designed for them. I don't know to what extent these assisted driving systems control the car, but probably the same goes for these.

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

Ford sells about 900,000 F-150s annually, so 20,000 represents about 2.2%. I guess you could call that "interest", but it's not much interest.

Fuck these overpriced EV leftist commie carts. I will drive my pickup and Harley until I die. Although, I do admit to recently putting a lithium cranking battery in my bike.

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

I could be wrong but I suspect a lot of people will be very unhappy with their big electric pickup truck especially if they tow heavy items.

They will likely spend a lot of time recharging.

***snip***

How Towing and Payload Affect Range

Towing significantly impacts an electric vehicle’s range, even if it isn’t that much weight. A Rivian spokesperson has admitted that towing a heavy trailer with the R1T pickup will cut its estimated 314-mile range by about half.

Some real-world testing has shown an even worse outlook for how towing impacts range. Motor Trend tested the towing range of the Ford F-150 Lightning, specifically a Platinum model with an estimated range of 300 miles in mixed driving and an 8,500-pound tow rating.

With a small travel trailer weighing 3,140 pounds, the truck’s range dropped to 115 miles. When pulling a middle-weight 5,260-pound camper, it could only go 100 miles. Towing a heavy 7,218-pound camper dropped the truck’s range to only 90 miles.

It’s a similar story with payload, but the impact on a vehicle’s range isn’t as significant. Since pickup trucks have modest payload ratings, an F-150 Lightning carrying 1,800 pounds doesn’t have to work as hard as the same truck towing more than double that weight.

It hasn't happened..... yet.....but with those battery packs costing upwards of $25,000 ........

Some where, right now, very clever thieves are devising a way to steal those EV batteries.
No idea how they will do it......but they've ALWAYS found a way to steal anything.

Once that starts and EV battery pack theft becomes common.......lol.......

Of course he's a liar. They all are. They all squeal about how great EV's are, but not one of the weasles owns one.
Nope. Don't have one, but I did rent one for a week. Charging it was a pain in the ass, until I found where the chargers were. If I owned one, I would get a fast charger at my house. I prefer a larger car, but it had plenty of power for it's size, and drove good.

New Topics

Forum List

Back