Former SC Justice says 2nd amendment must be changed.

I've lived long enough to learn that idiots can become judges, even up to the Supreme Court. And not all of them were judges.

Stevens said:
"In both of the Supreme Court’s Heller rulings, Stevens dissented. He told Bloomberg that the authors of the constitution included the Second Amendment out of concerns that a national standing army could pose a threat to the sovereignty of the states, not to address homeowners’ fears about intruders. That disparity is his reasoning for the proposed change; the current interpretation of the right to bear arms does not align with the intentions of the country’s forefathers."

...Except that they wrote about what they meant and worded it to include "the people", which would be an odd thing to call a militia. Plus, militia by definition means arms. Without arms they are not a militia.

1. It would be millions not 2 of us.
2.Randy Weavers kids were not brainwashed what they were told would happen did,their brother was shot in the back by a sniveling thug and their mothers head was blown off by a gook sniper who knew damn well what he was aiming at AND she was holding her baby in her arms at the time...try me come and try and take my guns.

I'm just glad he's off the bench.

He's going senile. He should have known that there is no way such an amendment would go through.

Give it time. I guarantee if another Democrat wins the presidency in 2016 its a damn good possibility that congress will ram one through after 2 years of the fighting between the tea party and the democrats and they will have enough RINO's and Democrats to ram it through and the SC filled with say Clinton's appointees will say its constitutional etc.

Former Supreme Court Justice: Second Amendment Must Be Changed - Part 3

Change away...fact won't change you try and take my weapons you will get them lead first...and then pry them from my dead cold hands...I am sure I am not the only one.

So if they banned assault rifles, and the local police came and knocked on your door, you would kill the cops???

And then either die yourself or go to prison for life......rather than give up the AR15?

I just don't believe all you fake tough guys.

Change away...fact won't change you try and take my weapons you will get them lead first...and then pry them from my dead cold hands...I am sure I am not the only one.

So if they banned assault rifles, and the local police came and knocked on your door, you would kill the cops???

And then either die yourself or go to prison for life......rather than give up the AR15?

Agree with you on that one...These losertrians and extreme right wingers don't have the balls to do more then bitch on a forum.

Shining their gun as they sit with a bottle of booze on the internet.

Part of me kinda hopes they do pass a ban.......just to watch all the phony tough guys eat crow and give in hahaha!

Agree with you on that one...These losertrians and extreme right wingers don't have the balls to do more then bitch on a forum.

Yep. 99% of them are just yahoo rednecks who need to get a girlfriend or a dog, and sit around fantasizing and daydreaming about themselves leading an armed revolt against the government.

When in reality, most of them wouldn't make it through a jog to their neighbor's house.

I support some new common sense gun regulation. Like licensing, maybe insurance, definitely stricter sentences for gun crimes and more funding for mental health. I don't support outright bans.

But, I do laugh at the thought of these rednecks on their couch with twinkies when the ban passes, a knock comes to the door, and they think "OH SHIT......um...um.....yeah, I'm not gonna do what I thought I would do."

I would defend my home/family/self and my right to own a weapon against a tyrannical government absolutely. See what you don't understand is,MOST cops are very pro 2nd amendment they see WHY we need the 2nd amendment every day and especially in small towns like I live in they would never follow illegal laws no matter who passes them.

I am neither a libertarian or right winger. I am 2nd amendment believer and no one can change that. I also don't drink booze of any kind and I certainly don't clean my weapons in a half ass fashion sitting in front of the computer.

Yep. 99% of them are just yahoo rednecks who need to get a girlfriend or a dog, and sit around fantasizing and daydreaming about themselves leading an armed revolt against the government.

When in reality, most of them wouldn't make it through a jog to their neighbor's house.

I support some new common sense gun regulation. Like licensing, maybe insurance, definitely stricter sentences for gun crimes and more funding for mental health. I don't support outright bans.

But, I do laugh at the thought of these rednecks on their couch with twinkies when the ban passes, a knock comes to the door, and they think "OH SHIT......um...um.....yeah, I'm not gonna do what I thought I would do."
Got a wife and a dog matter of fact. See that's another thing. They come for my guns...I might have 1 or 2 left for self defense. The others well they were stolen or are lost...:) also its VERY easy to make your own weapon. Just buy the parts...completely legal and doesn't have to be registered and government has no record of it.

1. It would be millions not 2 of us.
2.Randy Weavers kids were not brainwashed what they were told would happen did,their brother was shot in the back by a sniveling thug and their mothers head was blown off by a gook sniper who knew damn well what he was aiming at AND she was holding her baby in her arms at the time...try me come and try and take my guns.

Not only was Randy Weaver completely exonerated, but the government had to pay for the murders.

Yep. I only wish the bastard that shot Vickie Weaver would have served prison time.

See what you don't understand is,MOST cops are very pro 2nd amendment they see WHY we need the 2nd amendment every day and especially in small towns like I live in they would never follow illegal laws no matter who passes them.
That the truth. I've been a member of a police forum for eight years and no way would confiscation happen. Sorry libs, ain't gonna happen. They are sworn in to uphold the Constitution and most feel strongly about it.

Forum List

Back