Frivolous Lawsuits by American Businesses Hiding Behind the Commerce Clause

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

there is one in the news recently where a company based in Hilton Head, South Carolina (I'm sure at one point they loved portraying themselves as a S.C. company) asked the US Supreme Court to get involved:
U.S. Supreme Court won t hear challenge to Hilton Head business tax US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The main issue involves being able to shield income from cities one is headquartered in. This company wanted to stretch the Interstate Commerce Clause in order to pay less taxes, all under the guise of principles and fairness.

I think court cases like this are frivolous. They lose for 9 years in other courts and then ask the highest court in the land to get involved?​

there is one in the news recently where a company based in Hilton Head, South Carolina (I'm sure at one point they loved portraying themselves as a S.C. company) asked the US Supreme Court to get involved:
U.S. Supreme Court won t hear challenge to Hilton Head business tax US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The main issue involves being able to shield income from cities one is headquartered in. This company wanted to stretch the Interstate Commerce Clause in order to pay less taxes, all under the guise of principles and fairness.

I think court cases like this are frivolous. They lose for 9 years in other courts and then ask the highest court in the land to get involved?​

Trump is guilty of this too.

What really gets under Trump’s skin? A reporter questioning his net worth

Trump said in an interview that he knew he couldn’t win the suit but brought it anyway to make a point. “I spent a couple of bucks on legal fees, and they spent a whole lot more. I did it to make his life miserable, which I’m happy about.”

Forum List

Back