Ft. Jackson Trainee Hijacks Schoolbus in Desperate Attempt to Get Home

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
How bad do you hate Basic Training to go to such an extreme? I mean, this guy could have just given up and found a way to get a General Discharge, but instead he takes his M-4, disappears in his P.T. uniform, and now he won't be seeing his home for another 10 years.

In fact, if he completed his entire enlistment, and never visited home while on leave, he'd still be home sooner than he will be now.

How bad do you hate Basic Training to go to such an extreme? I mean, this guy could have just given up and found a way to get a General Discharge, but instead he takes his M-4, disappears in his P.T. uniform, and now he won't be seeing his home for another 10 years.

In fact, if he completed his entire enlistment, and never visited home while on leave, he'd still be home sooner than he will be now.

over sensitive and sheltered types have been known to go wacko in basic training

over sensitive and sheltered types have been known to go wacko in basic training

as such and if he did not hurt anyone...I think 10 yrs is a bit stiff....i think after mental evaluation .....6 months...I suppose he will get a dishonorable discharge...that is a big penalty in and of itself...10 yrs would probably mean dearth for him.

I think a good lawyer might get him off via temporary insanity.

as such and if he did not hurt anyone...I think 10 yrs is a bit stiff....i think after mental evaluation .....6 months...I suppose he will get a dishonorable discharge...that is a big penalty in and of itself...10 yrs would probably mean dearth for him.

if they keep him off the streets for 10 years thats 10 more years his next victim gets to live

19 counts of aggravated kidnapping, and that's just for starters. Maybe if he didn't have his rifle he wouldn't be facing such severe charges, but the thing is, you can't let him off easy, that would send the wrong message, this was a school bus full of kids. He is going to be doing some time, probably at least 5 years.

Also, I feel sorry for his Drill Sergeant, he is going to get his ass reamed over this.

We had one idiot drink pine oil and another who decided in our last 2 weeks of Basic that he was a conscientious objector. The objector was still there doing shit details waiting to be out processed after our cycle graduated and went on to AIT.

Years ago when the draft was in effect there were a lot of Army recruits who hated basic training for good reason. Today they join up and get a freaking bonus for enlisting. My guess is that this guy was psychotic from the git-go.

When I was in the "Tank Hill" barracks at Ft Jackson in 1988, we all had to hand in our brass polish to keep recruits from trying to drink it to get out. I had 4 years of Army JROTC and basic back then wasn't as mentally demanding as the class time in HS. This recruit must have had some emotional/mental issues.

We had one idiot drink pine oil and another who decided in our last 2 weeks of Basic that he was a conscientious objector. The objector was still there doing shit details waiting to be out processed after our cycle graduated and went on to AIT.
There was a guy in my BCT...I knew him for maybe two week, but I can remember his name and his face and how desperately he wanted to be a soldier...Cantrell...he just couldn't physically handle the training...good dude.

And they eventually had to administratively separate the guy...he was so upset...crushed that he wasn't going to be a soldier.

Then I see this...:hmpf:

Years ago when the draft was in effect there were a lot of Army recruits who hated basic training for good reason. Today they join up and get a freaking bonus for enlisting. My guess is that this guy was psychotic from the git-go.
They've got snowplow parents and have never known hardship...never had anyone with the authority to tell them what to and the tools and power to make them do it.

When I was in the "Tank Hill" barracks at Ft Jackson in 1988, we all had to hand in our brass polish to keep recruits from trying to drink it to get out. I had 4 years of Army JROTC and basic back then wasn't as mentally demanding as the class time in HS. This recruit must have had some emotional/mental issues.

We had guys go AWOL from Basic, we had a guy cut his wrist and smear blood all over the barracks walls, we had guys who claimed to be gay, I can't believe how these people cannot handle something as relatively easy as Basic is, and it was harder when we did it in the 80's (I'd surmise)