Game of Thrones

The show jumped the shark because it provided no real motivation for Dany to completely destroy the city.

She had the motivation of course to use the dragon for close air support for her troops. If she would have taken care of the Golden Company and breached the wall and then went on to attack the Red Keep that would been more in line with her character for the last eight years of the story.

Her going so bonkers as to kill a million people because she was afraid Jon was going be anointed did not make a lot of sense.

Of course that is what Dumb and Dumber and Hollywood gave us. I am not sure that if the fat fuck had finished the books that would have been the way it would have gone.

Screen_Shot_2019-05-12_at_11_15_02_PM_png-943452.JPG

What a way to end the series

They might as well have let the White Walkers win

First good episode this season.
I just told my cousin that I've spent years berating for not watching this show that he was right not to. This show is garbage. When Jon murders Daenerys next week and takes the black even though the army of the dead is gone, we'll see how you feel about this episode. It was all a tease, and nobody got to finish.
Never said it was great. I said it was the first good episode this season. It actually had me invested. That is the first time this year. And as I said, what they did to Danny was bad. It was the easy, lazy way out. Lacked creativity.
While Jamie and Cersi had a somewhat lame ending it was fitting to their character arcs. The story began with them and near ended with them. The Hound fight was great. The need to create more story arc for the little girl is a joke. SHE will likely kill Danny. Too much focus on her trying to undo the image they created of her last week.

All in all it was a very entertaining episode that set the bar for fantasy TV shows/movies as far as spectacle goes
You're pissed about Arya? That's what you took from this absolute travesty of a piece of shit episode?! Jesus fucking Targaryen, gramps. I choose to ignore that.

Moving on; Cleganebowl... happened, I guess, at least. What they did to Dany is like when the "How I Met your Mother" finale revealed that the "mother" was just a lame footnote in the protagonist's courtship of that dumb ****.
They managed to make Cersei look noble

I just told my cousin that I've spent years berating for not watching this show that he was right not to. This show is garbage. When Jon murders Daenerys next week and takes the black even though the army of the dead is gone, we'll see how you feel about this episode. It was all a tease, and nobody got to finish.
Never said it was great. I said it was the first good episode this season. It actually had me invested. That is the first time this year. And as I said, what they did to Danny was bad. It was the easy, lazy way out. Lacked creativity.
While Jamie and Cersi had a somewhat lame ending it was fitting to their character arcs. The story began with them and near ended with them. The Hound fight was great. The need to create more story arc for the little girl is a joke. SHE will likely kill Danny. Too much focus on her trying to undo the image they created of her last week.

All in all it was a very entertaining episode that set the bar for fantasy TV shows/movies as far as spectacle goes
Right now.....I really don’t care what they do in the last episode

Doesn’t encourage me to watch the sequels

Depends on who the writers are in the upcoming sequel/prequel.
That is the only part of this that has gone to shit. The directing is good. The cinematography is good. Usually the lighting is good. The cgi is good.
But all of that can not overcome a TERRIBLE script and story arc that ditches years of lore in favor of fan service.

That is the only part of this that has gone to shit. The directing is good. The cinematography is good. Usually the lighting is good. The cgi is good.
But all of that can not overcome a TERRIBLE script and story arc that ditches years of lore in favor of fan service.
Fuck their years of lore. If its what the fans want, give it to them. Thats what makes a good show.

And no, I'm not pissed about anything
Jon giving Ghost the middle finger?
Eh, the writers sucked. I've been saying it for weeks. But they did "ok" this episode.
No they didn't. Maybe their CGI team did "ok" this episode. Dany's entire character arc was drunkenly trashed by morons during this episode.
Yes, the burning alive of innocent women and children was so well done

And no, I'm not pissed about anything
Jon giving Ghost the middle finger?
Eh, the writers sucked. I've been saying it for weeks. But they did "ok" this episode.
No they didn't. Maybe their CGI team did "ok" this episode. Dany's entire character arc was drunkenly trashed by morons during this episode.
Yes, the burning alive of innocent women and children was so well done
On mothers day no less lol

Agree

They spent eight years providing plot twists and pieces of the puzzle that would ultimately lead to winter coming and a resolution of who sits on the iron throne

Then the writers got drunk and said.....I got an idea!
Let’s just have a dragon kill everyone

Fuck their years of lore. If its what the fans want, give it to them. Thats what makes a good show.
Casual. I'm guessing story lines and deep plots are something you just gloss over for whatever reason.

Danny went from being the champion of the downtrodden & oppressed since her inception years ago. Then in one episode she went batshit crazy and became the most evil character in the shows history.

That is as dumb as it gets.

It would suck even worse if it ended like that!

They laid the groundwork for Dannie going crazy. In fact, it has been there all along. Now the issue is: Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister supported Dannie because they thought she was a "good guy." Now that she has shown she is not a good guy, will they still support her? Try to assassinate her? Will she get her dragon to roast them?

I guess that's what the Finale will resolve.

Casual. I'm guessing story lines and deep plots are something you just gloss over for whatever reason.

Danny went from being the champion of the downtrodden & oppressed since her inception years ago. Then in one episode she went batshit crazy and became the most evil character in the shows history.

You obviously havent been paying attention to this show if you think Danny changed in 1 episode. Shes talked about burning cities to the ground since day 1, and on a number of occasions she had to be talked out of committing horrific acts of barbarism, and on other occasions she went through with it, like crucifying "the Masters". Madness runs in that family. If you knew the history better, you wouldnt be so confused right now.

They laid the groundwork for Dannie going crazy. In fact, it has been there all along. Now the issue is: Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister supported Dannie because they thought she was a "good guy." Now that she has shown she is not a good guy, will they still support her? Try to assassinate her? Will she get her dragon to roast them?

I guess that's what the Finale will resolve.
Why would anyone really care at this point?

The Seven Kingdoms are shot

You obviously havent been paying attention to this show if you think Danny changed in 1 episode. Shes talked about burning cities to the ground since day 1, and on a number of occasions she had to be talked out of committing horrific acts of barbarism, and on other occasions she went through with it, like crucifying "the Masters". Madness runs in that family. If you knew the history better, you wouldnt be so confused right now.
So is Jon Snow mad?

On another topic, I again have issues with the Dragon thing. Don't they ever have to stop to re-fuel? Don't they get tired?

How hot is Dragon Flame that it causes large stone buildings to crumble, with even a glancing taste of it? Is there a problem with the mortar at King's Landing? Can't stand a little heat?

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief to a certain extent to allow for the existence of Dragons on this mythical planet, but they have gone beyond what I'm willing to accept. It has become a farce.

And really, they should have created a viable battle plan for Dannie and the Dragon. Come in at night; attack the flank; hit & run, then hit & run again. Her "strategy" was simply to come in from the front, when they were obviously expecting a dragon attack and hope she & the dragon didn't get killed? That's not really a strategy, and not "realistic." It's stupid.

Forum List

Back