Game of Thrones

The whole story of Game of Thrones is the Targaeryan Dybasty. It picks up after the fall of it. Now the mad Targaeryan faces the sane Targaeryan for the throne.

Jon knows how to make a dragon breathe fire...

The whole story of Game of Thrones is the Targaeryan Dybasty. It picks up after the fall of it. Now the mad Targaeryan faces the sane Targaeryan for the throne.

Crazy Targaerian vs the stupid one

I expected it to be Samwell....
You did? And why would you expect the night king to have been anywhere near Sam? The night king had one goal: kill Bran.
Samwell had brains rather than brawn
I expected him to learn how they defeated the king in the past

Nothing came of it

No kidding. So many mistakes. To name a very few:

1. Picket fences instead of a real fire moat.
2. Dragons flying around in the mist instead of burning up the dead.
3. Apparently very few of the living had dragon's glass weapons.
4. No cauldrons of boiling oil to pour on the dead and then hit with flaming arrows.
They had Arya and a pointy knife

That didn't save the thousands who were needlessly killed.

Even the scene with Arya

They needed to show her as one of the walking dead and then face changing at the last minute before Bran gets killed

That breeze stuff was lame

To tell you the truth, I don't think that she could have taken the face of a walking dead, because they ran on the Night King's magic, and if she had tried, she would have been detected, just like Bram was when he sent out the ravens to see where the Night King was.

Remember.................when the Night King was killed, all the dead dropped. They only survived on his magic.
It is science fiction
They can make her do whatever they want

Technically Fantasy, not Science Fiction.

so, BOTTOM LINE here.

For eight years, more or less, we have been tutored on the evils of the fukkers on the north side of the Wall of Ice. They represent the great battle between Good and Evil, and were promised that at the end of the day, we would know where they came from, what their intentions are, and why they want to kill every living human south of the Wall.

And what happens? They all disintegrate when some teenager knifes the king of the white walkers. How she got to the bastard, with his hundreds of guards and whatnot, but ignoring that.

Where is the conclusion? How did they come to exist? What was their overall purpose?

It reminds me of the novel Andromeda Strain. A virus infects the whole human race, everyone is going to die, everything imaginable has been tried to kill it or neutralize it, or whatever...and it just goes away for no apparent reason. AFU.

We already know the creation story for the Night King - The Children created him by driving a shard of dragon glass into his heart. He was there weapon against the First Men, but had rather extreme unintended consequences. I'm guessing a lot of his White Walker lieutenants were Castor's sons. There basic purpose was to destroy humanity.

so, BOTTOM LINE here.

For eight years, more or less, we have been tutored on the evils of the fukkers on the north side of the Wall of Ice. They represent the great battle between Good and Evil, and were promised that at the end of the day, we would know where they came from, what their intentions are, and why they want to kill every living human south of the Wall.

And what happens? They all disintegrate when some teenager knifes the king of the white walkers. How she got to the bastard, with his hundreds of guards and whatnot, but ignoring that.

Where is the conclusion? How did they come to exist? What was their overall purpose?

It reminds me of the novel Andromeda Strain. A virus infects the whole human race, everyone is going to die, everything imaginable has been tried to kill it or neutralize it, or whatever...and it just goes away for no apparent reason. AFU.
I had forgotten about the Andromeda Strain. If I recall, the virus mutated to something harmless, thereby saving the world. Kind of like a virus killing the most powerful race of conquerors in the known solar system.

Now we have an assassin from nowhere taking out the greatest threat to the Seven Kingdoms that has ever existed and the end to a 7-year build up.

Well, some people liked it. To Me, it was a huge disappointment.

I like the surprise twist of Arya killing the NK...she had been training for it for years. The rest of the battle completely sucked.

I think Tyrion is the true heir. Danni will sentence him to die, by dragon fire. And he will survive. And being the direct son of the mad king, who raped his mother, he is first in for the throne. And then shit will happen. But Tyrion wins the throne, as the direct heir of the Targaryen family. Who kills who in the meantime is the fun part.

So prepare to see a bare nekkid Tyrion next week, walking out of the fire.

Did someone actually use the words, "cutting corners" in describing this?

Un.

Fucking.

Believable.

They spent more on each of these episodes than is spent on most full-length feature films.

As for subscriptions, remember that series like this draw subscriptions IN ADVANCE, with people either seeing the earlier seasons, or hearing by word of mouth how enjoyable it was. They sign up for HBO specifically to see Game of Thrones. A little disappointment with plot lines won't mean anything in terms of subscriber revenue.

As I said above, the reason why they are truncating the resolution of all story lines is because they don't have three more seasons to get it done.
Good lord. Yes, because spending money foolishly means they did not cut corners.

Un-fucking-believable.

They cut corners in one obvious way: they didn't hire GRRRRRRM to write some decent dialogue.

60464681_421483212019834_7562687489786249216_n-946646.jpg

Danny is good as dead next episode.

Was a good episode except for what they did to Danny's character.

Part of me thinks that the spin offs that HBO are working on are post Danny time lines and they pushed the writers to take it here. There is simply no other explanation for where this has gone other than the writers are just void of creativity
Never underestimate the power of unimaginative writing to destroy a great show. Millennium is a classic example! Rather than explore the relationship between Frank Black and Katherine, they killed her!

Un.

Fucking.

Believable.

They spent more on each of these episodes than is spent on most full-length feature films.

As for subscriptions, remember that series like this draw subscriptions IN ADVANCE, with people either seeing the earlier seasons, or hearing by word of mouth how enjoyable it was. They sign up for HBO specifically to see Game of Thrones. A little disappointment with plot lines won't mean anything in terms of subscriber revenue.

As I said above, the reason why they are truncating the resolution of all story lines is because they don't have three more seasons to get it done.
Good lord. Yes, because spending money foolishly means they did not cut corners.

Un-fucking-believable.

They cut corners in one obvious way: they didn't hire GRRRRRRM to write some decent dialogue.
Clearly! Tyrion has been a ghost the past 3 years.

I expected it to be Samwell....
You did? And why would you expect the night king to have been anywhere near Sam? The night king had one goal: kill Bran.
Samwell had brains rather than brawn
I expected him to learn how they defeated the king in the past

Nothing came of it

No kidding. So many mistakes. To name a very few:

1. Picket fences instead of a real fire moat.
2. Dragons flying around in the mist instead of burning up the dead.
3. Apparently very few of the living had dragon's glass weapons.
4. No cauldrons of boiling oil to pour on the dead and then hit with flaming arrows.
They had Arya and a pointy knife

That didn't save the thousands who were needlessly killed.
Million people in Kings Landing
The bitch probably killed hundreds of thousands

Un.

Fucking.

Believable.

Un-fucking-believable.

Might as well have been with all the screen time they gave him
I liked him better when he was a drunk, whore mongering Imp

Un.

Fucking.

Believable.

Un-fucking-believable.

He was a genuine character

Maybe he marries Sansa for real this time

Un.

Fucking.

Believable.

Un-fucking-believable.

Didnt he slap Jeoffrey and call him a spoiled little bastard

so, BOTTOM LINE here.

I had forgotten about the Andromeda Strain. If I recall, the virus mutated to something harmless, thereby saving the world. Kind of like a virus killing the most powerful race of conquerors in the known solar system.

Now we have an assassin from nowhere taking out the greatest threat to the Seven Kingdoms that has ever existed and the end to a 7-year build up.

I like the surprise twist of Arya killing the NK...she had been training for it for years. The rest of the battle completely sucked.
She has been training to kill Cersei for years
A bunch of rocks beat her to it

so, BOTTOM LINE here.

That just shows how lame the writers are for this Season. I suppose they thought it would be a plot twist to have Cersei die under a bunch of rocks (with Jamie). The ugly turn in his character didn't help either.

Season 8 actually makes Season 7 look brilliant in comparison.

so, BOTTOM LINE here.

That just shows how lame the writers are for this Season. I suppose they thought it would be a plot twist to have Cersei die under a bunch of rocks (with Jamie). The ugly turn in his character didn't help either.

Season 8 actually makes Season 7 look brilliant in comparison.

Better way to kill a villain like Cersei than having rocks fall on her

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her
The people of Kings Landing kill her

I should have been a writer

Forum List

Back