Gay Dallas Judge Won't Perform Straight Marriages

Boo Hoo.

BTW....I'm noticing a definite lack in you and others condemning ChessWarsNow for his horrific comments about this judge.

I don't read CWN posts but saw your comments about it. I won't comment about his post because I believe he is deliberately attempting to make an ass out of himself and a joke out of the issues he participates in.

He's trying to be funny. I don't find him funny. I don't comment on his posts.

Sorry, that is all I have to say about his comment.

Immie
Bingo. Except, now and then I will neg him and call him a homosexual. He has a meltdown with me, so that can be interesting.

Please do not call him a homosexual....it insults homosexuals.

I could tell you for the thousanth time. But I won't.

She has opened the door for attorneys who disagree with her to have her removed on a case by case basis. If enough of them paper her, she will be removed from the bench. If not, then she sits there making decisions as if she was using the law books instead of her pussy.

Sounds like forcing to him to perform these duties compromises his values, good for him for staying true to his personal belief system.

If his belief system keeps him from doing his job, he needs to move on.

You mean like the pharmacists that are paid to do a duty and refuse.

They don't work for the government, so they have the right to refuse.

I know it's hard to tell the difference, but do try.

Yes. It would be interesting for us to find out what Portrait business Katzndogz is in. And, letting people know, so they don't inadvertently try to hire her. After all, she doesn't want our business.

Nope. Don't want the business. Take it down the road.

See how easy that was!

Too bad everyone doesn't have that same freedom.

That's good. Now, PM your business name and location and I will help you avoid awkwardness by spreading to all my gay friends the name of your business so they don't embarrass you by showing up at your doorstep.

Katzdogz. Why have you not yet PMd me your business name and location. I'm trying to do you a favor here, making sure that icky gays know not to 'bother' you with their business. Avoids those awkward moments where you get icky gays in your shop and all. PM now, and I will take care of that for you.

She has opened the door for attorneys who disagree with her to have her removed on a case by case basis. If enough of them paper her, she will be removed from the bench. If not, then she sits there making decisions as if she was using the law books instead of her pussy.

:lol::lol::lol:So now we know how you go about it. You're doing it wrong. :lol::lol::lol:

P.S. Don't forget to have your...er...pussy PM me with that business name and address so I can make sure the icky gays stay away.

Last edited:
It cannot be argued the judge has not politicized her bench. She has. She made a political decision and is broadcasting that decision far and wide to everyone who will listen.

However, there is no evidence she is prejudiced toward straight people. She has expressed her disagreement with what she perceives to be an injustice toward gay people. That in no way implies she is discriminatory toward straights. She has merely opted out of a practice she feels is unjust. She is boycotting an aspect of the legal system, not straight people.

If she were protesting straight people, she would not provide them any service. Notarization of documents and other such things a judge does when she is not sitting on the bench.

Therefore, no lawyer who comes before her on a case can ask her to recuse herself for being anti-straights. She isn't.

in your benighted opinion
That IS funny! No, the avoidance of impropriety is part of the Code of Judicial Conduct. Canon 2:

Court Decisions and Rules

So, tell us. Where is the impropriety?
An open statement regarding the refusal to provide an ELECTIVE service because of the current law of her state. Again, it was the Judge's PUBLIC discussion of why she will not perform marriage ceremonies I find objectionable. Judges may be more strictly regulated in Florida than in Texas, but the Code in Florida seems to require political ABSTINENCE. I can post the other Canons if anyone so desires (I doubt it, but someone might like reading F.R.Civ.P. also. ; )

Gay Dallas Judge Won't Perform Straight Marriages | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

“I use it as my opportunity to give them a lesson about marriage inequality in this state because I feel like I have to tell them why I’m turning them away,” Parker said. “So I usually will offer them something along the lines of, ‘I’m sorry. I don’t perform marriage ceremonies because we are in a state that does not have marriage equality, and until it does, I am not going to partially apply the law to one group of people that doesn’t apply to another group of people.’ And it’s kind of oxymoronic for me to perform ceremonies that can’t be performed for me, so I’m not going to do it."

Update: Judge Parker released the following statement to the media on Thursday afternoon.

I faithfully and fully perform all of my duties as the Presiding Judge of the 116th Civil District Court, where it is my honor to serve the citizens of Dallas County and the parties who have matters before the Court.

Performing marriage ceremonies is not a duty that I have as the Presiding Judge of a civil district court. It is a right and privilege invested in me under the Family Code. I choose not to exercise it, as many other Judges do not exercise it.

:clap2:

Good for him!

“I use it as my opportunity to give them a lesson about marriage inequality in this state because I feel like I have to tell them why I’m turning them away,” Parker said. “So I usually will offer them something along the lines of, ‘I’m sorry. I don’t perform marriage ceremonies because we are in a state that does not have marriage equality, and until it does, I am not going to partially apply the law to one group of people that doesn’t apply to another group of people.’ And it’s kind of oxymoronic for me to perform ceremonies that can’t be performed for me, so I’m not going to do it."

Update: Judge Parker released the following statement to the media on Thursday afternoon.

I faithfully and fully perform all of my duties as the Presiding Judge of the 116th Civil District Court, where it is my honor to serve the citizens of Dallas County and the parties who have matters before the Court.

Performing marriage ceremonies is not a duty that I have as the Presiding Judge of a civil district court. It is a right and privilege invested in me under the Family Code. I choose not to exercise it, as many other Judges do not exercise it.

Good for him!

Her.

:lol::lol::lol:So now we know how you go about it. You're doing it wrong. :lol::lol::lol:

P.S. Don't forget to have your...er...pussy PM me with that business name and address so I can make sure the icky gays stay away.
She'll get Motions to Recuse. But if counsel files too many, they can get a bad rep. for delay. And clients may not want continuances, even for good cause shown.

Good for him!

Her.

NOTE: This statement is fine with me. It is the Court's right to decline to participate in ceremonial activities.

That IS funny! No, the avoidance of impropriety is part of the Code of Judicial Conduct. Canon 2:

Court Decisions and Rules

An open statement regarding the refusal to provide an ELECTIVE service because of the current law of her state. Again, it was the Judge's PUBLIC discussion of why she will not perform marriage ceremonies I find objectionable. Judges may be more strictly regulated in Florida than in Texas, but the Code in Florida seems to require political ABSTINENCE. I can post the other Canons if anyone so desires (I doubt it, but someone might like reading F.R.Civ.P. also. ; )

it's hard to be politically abstinent when one holds an elective office.

keep it under your hat

No BOO HOO, just an objection to an employee of tax payers taking personal issues public on tax payer time. And judges litigating from the Bench.

she wasn't on taxpayer time and she wasn't on the bench

other than that, you've made some excellent points here, derp.
They are to avoid even the appearance of impropriety or bias.
In Florida at least.

Yes they are. But that only applies to their conduct while on the bench. Do you really think they are forbidden from living regular lives just because they are judges? :cuckoo::eusa_angel: :lol:

she wasn't on taxpayer time and she wasn't on the bench

other than that, you've made some excellent points here, derp.
They are to avoid even the appearance of impropriety or bias.
In Florida at least.

Yes they are. But that only applies to their conduct while on the bench. Do you really think they are forbidden from living regular lives just because they are judges? :cuckoo::eusa_angel: :lol:
I KNOW many who are; the Judge's second statement was fine. Do you not wonder WHY she found it necessary to issue a revised statement? I have a hunch.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how you would feel about a judge who refused to perform any marriages in protest of blacks and whites being allowed to marry?

She revised her statement to exclude any objectionable language.

it's hard to be politically abstinent when one holds an elective office.

keep it under your hat
The elections of Judges are regulated in Florida. My joke is: I'd like to see one say, "I'll rule in favor of whichever attorney writes the shortest pleadings".

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how you would feel about a judge who refused to perform any marriages in protest of blacks and whites being allowed to marry?

I believe I answered that...but will do so again...as long as it is not in their job description to do so, fine by me. Their choice.

I believe I answered that...but will do so again...as long as it is not in their job description to do so, fine by me. Their choice.

I have the distinct impression that you are not being honest. But it's all good.

Forum List

Back