Gay Dallas Judge Won't Perform Straight Marriages

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how you would feel about a judge who refused to perform any marriages in protest of blacks and whites being allowed to marry?

I believe I answered that...but will do so again...as long as it is not in their job description to do so, fine by me. Their choice.

I have the distinct impression that you are not being honest. But it's all good.

Why would I not be honest....I'm sure there have been and still are judges like that. I don't like them but if it's on their time, it's on them. If people bitch about them to the point that people avoid them....fine. People have the right to their opinions.

Nope. Don't want the business. Take it down the road.

See how easy that was!

Too bad everyone doesn't have that same freedom.

That's good. Now, PM your business name and location and I will help you avoid awkwardness by spreading to all my gay friends the name of your business so they don't embarrass you by showing up at your doorstep.

Katzdogz. Why have you not yet PMd me your business name and location. I'm trying to do you a favor here, making sure that icky gays know not to 'bother' you with their business. Avoids those awkward moments where you get icky gays in your shop and all. PM now, and I will take care of that for you.

If any gays (or anyone else for that matter) decides to "bother me" with their business, I am quite capable of telling them to take a hike on my own. I have to admit that in the beginning I was quite pleasant to these two women, only when they insisted did I amuse myself with being as graphic and humiliating I could. And, knowing all the while I could do that. It was quite satisfying.

PSSST. There's NO Business! I'm an artist (among other things). But there's no business.

Do something for us because we're lesbians doesn't work. Try it someplace else. I don't have to do jack unless I feel like it.

That's good. Now, PM your business name and location and I will help you avoid awkwardness by spreading to all my gay friends the name of your business so they don't embarrass you by showing up at your doorstep.

Katzdogz. Why have you not yet PMd me your business name and location. I'm trying to do you a favor here, making sure that icky gays know not to 'bother' you with their business. Avoids those awkward moments where you get icky gays in your shop and all. PM now, and I will take care of that for you.

If any gays (or anyone else for that matter) decides to "bother me" with their business, I am quite capable of telling them to take a hike on my own. I have to admit that in the beginning I was quite pleasant to these two women, only when they insisted did I amuse myself with being as graphic and humiliating I could. And, knowing all the while I could do that. It was quite satisfying.

PSSST. There's NO Business! I'm an artist (among other things). But there's no business.

two questions.

1. Do you charge for your paintings

2. You were graphic and humiliating to someone just because you could be?

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how you would feel about a judge who refused to perform any marriages in protest of blacks and whites being allowed to marry?

I believe I answered that...but will do so again...as long as it is not in their job description to do so, fine by me. Their choice.

I have the distinct impression that you are not being honest. But it's all good.

ironic post is ironic

I'm sure it was quite satisfying. You are the person who stated that a woman deserved to be gang raped. This is the kind of thing you enjoy. It's evident.

Artist........my ass.

ironic post is ironic

Isn't it odd? He asks me a question, I answer...and he doesn't believe my answer. Why did he even ask it in the first place, then?

I asked because I knew you would answer dishonestly. I have ZERO doubts that you feel so strongly about this because of some perceived defense of gay marriage rather than for the overlying concept, just as I have NO doubt that many others have a problem with this judge's statements simply because she is advocating gay marriage.

ironic post is ironic

Isn't it odd? He asks me a question, I answer...and he doesn't believe my answer. Why did he even ask it in the first place, then?

I asked because I knew you would answer dishonestly. I have ZERO doubts that you feel so strongly about this because of some perceived defense of gay marriage rather than for the overlying concept, just as I have NO doubt that many others have a problem with this judge's statements simply because she is advocating gay marriage.
Not me; I support the rights of all Americans to marry. I work in the system, thus have a strong reaction to any Judge not following the RULES.

ironic post is ironic

You have been here less than a month. Why would you assume Bodecea would be dishonest? I admit, she can be obnoxious at times and extremely irritating when she twists your words around, but generally, I think she is honest and she definitely is willing to defend her beliefs.

Immie

ironic post is ironic

have you ever pissed on a mexican hooker?

Not me; I support the rights of all Americans to marry. I work in the system, thus have a strong reaction to any Judge not following the RULES.

This judge IS following the rules. Performing marriages is OPTIONAL on her part.

have you ever pissed on a mexican hooker?

My general policy is to not discuss my personal life on any message board.

But in a word, no.

You have been here less than a month. Why would you assume Bodecea would be dishonest? I admit, she can be obnoxious at times and extremely irritating when she twists your words around, but generally, I think she is honest and she definitely is willing to defend her beliefs.

Immie

Because I've been posting on message boards for many years and I know how people defend their position rather than principles, and she? isn't the only one I think is being dishonest in that regard here, and even said as much.

ironic post is ironic

you sure picked up a lot in 10 days, feller

This judge IS following the rules. Performing marriages is OPTIONAL on her part.
It was her FIRST announcement I objected to. Note she deleted her reasons in the second statement, thus the defect is CURED.

Did you fail to read my introduction thread where I said I had been lurking and reading for some time before joining? No you didn't because you posted in it.

It was her FIRST announcement I objected to. Note she deleted her reasons in the second statement, thus the defect is CURED.

I watched slightly more than half of the video. How did she "delete" what she said there? Was the video edited?

Immie

Did you fail to read my introduction thread where I said I had been lurking and reading for some time before joining? No you didn't because you posted in it.

whatever, connie, your secret is safe with me

two questions.

1. Do you charge for your paintings

2. You were graphic and humiliating to someone just because you could be?

Most of the time I do not sell my work. I paint almost exclusively for competitions and exhibitions. I just keep sending them out, over and over to different competitions and exhibitions. Right now I have a bunch in China. If someone wants to buy something I had done, and it has happened we can work something out. Especially if it's old and has outlived its usefulness to me. I do not paint on commission. Although if I feel like it I will. I painted the portrait of a friend's dog. Consequently I do not advertise. I do not hold myself out as an artist that can be hired to perform a specific work of art. These women saw my work at an exhibition and came to see me to ask me to paint their wedding portrait. I told them I didn't want to do it, there are portraitists who advertise and will be happy to do it. They insisted and pissed me off. I knew, yes I did know that there was nothing they could do no matter how humiliating I was so I intended to teach them a lesson. They decided to sue, which gave me a hobby for five months. In the end, they failed to prove that I was in "business". They were essentially asking for a favor and I was within my absolute rights to tell them no however I wished to tell them no.

Unfortunately gays and lesbians have formed the opinion that merely by virtue of being gays and lesbians they are entitled to something. They aren't. I was supremely happy to make that known to at least two of them. Would my answer have been different had it been a heterosexual couple. Not really. I would NOT want to be tied up painting commissions and exclude what I want to do. Now, had this couple had a cute dog or cat and asked me to paint their pet, I might have been more persuaded. Not a sure thing because I do not like painting for someone else. When I do that, I don't get to exhibit or send it for competition. It's done. There are a ton of artists out there for that.

They picked on the wrong artist to try to strong arm.

Forum List

Back