Gays are not married while in my home!

LittleNipper

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2013
No matter what the Federal or State government says, "gays" are not married couples while in my home... They are very welcome to visit; however, they will be treated as friends and acquaintances and not as married.

Last edited:
No matter what the Federal or State government says, "gays" are not married couples while in my home... They are very welcome to visit; however, they will be treated as friends and acquaintances and not as married.

Yes, I'm sure you are in imminent danger of having your home soiled by homos...

I agree and disagree. I don't support gay marriage, because I'm a Christian. But, God told us to love "everyone". We are not to Judge. But we are to be "discerning". Which means we are to be wary of others sins. But, did you know that to God one sin is no worse than another? Let's say I drink too much (just a hypothetical! lol!)...which is a sin. He never said not to drink, but don't be a drunkard. Being a drunkard is a sin. But to God, being a drunkard, or being gay, are sins that are equal. Robbing people is no more a sin than murdering someone. These are all equal to God. God said "hate the sin, but love the sinner".

I guess if I was in that situation, and if the gay couple were really close friends, I would have to let them know I'm uncomfortable with it. If they are good friends, they should understand. If not, then you should ask them to leave. You shouldn't be expected to accept a situation that makes you uncomfortable in your own home.

You know a lot of married gay people that you invite into your home? So much so, that this is something you need to proclaim to us here?

Do you tell them that when they come over and do they stick around then after you tell them you don't recognize their marriage and then are they still your friends?

You'll be sued and you will lose...:lol:

Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with whether they were married or just friends, but "if" I did, I would express my opposition to the arrangement, before they arrived. Just as a 'heads up" then they could make their own decision on whether to visit you and what to expect should they choose to.

WOW! STOP THE PRESSES!!! This is national news!! LittleNipper has spoken!!

Yeah, right.......... :cool:

Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with whether they were married or just friends, but "if" I did, I would express my opposition to the arrangement, before they arrived. Just as a 'heads up" then they could make their own decision on whether to visit you and what to expect should they choose to.

How does them being married effect your life and your marriage?

I agree and disagree. I don't support gay marriage, because I'm a Christian. But, God told us to love "everyone". We are not to Judge. But we are to be "discerning". Which means we are to be wary of others sins. But, did you know that to God one sin is no worse than another? Let's say I drink too much (just a hypothetical! lol!)...which is a sin. He never said not to drink, but don't be a drunkard. Being a drunkard is a sin. But to God, being a drunkard, or being gay, are sins that are equal. Robbing people is no more a sin than murdering someone. These are all equal to God. God said "hate the sin, but love the sinner".

I guess if I was in that situation, and if the gay couple were really close friends, I would have to let them know I'm uncomfortable with it. If they are good friends, they should understand. If not, then you should ask them to leave. You shouldn't be expected to accept a situation that makes you uncomfortable in your own home.

That’s ridiculous on a number of levels.

There are same-sex couples who are married and Christian.

There are homosexuals who are Christian.

There are heterosexuals who are Christian and understand same-sex couples have the right to equal protection of the law.

Being Christian in no way disallows one to obey the Constitution and its case law concerning same-sex couples.

You know a lot of married gay people that you invite into your home? So much so, that this is something you need to proclaim to us here?

Do you tell them that when they come over and do they stick around then after you tell them you don't recognize their marriage and then are they still your friends?

It’s a clumsy concession on the part of the OP that at some point, likely sooner than later, same-sex couples will have their right to access marriage law acknowledged by all jurisdictions.

But he will remain defiantly in denial, sequestered in his redoubt of ignorance and hate.

That’s ridiculous on a number of levels.

There are same-sex couples who are married and Christian.

There are homosexuals who are Christian.

There are heterosexuals who are Christian and understand same-sex couples have the right to equal protection of the law.

Being Christian in no way disallows one to obey the Constitution and its case law concerning same-sex couples.

Yes it does. God comes before country. I can't prevent gay marriage, but I also don't have to support it.

My sister is a lesbian and my daughters Godmother is a lesbian. They are two of the most caring, trustworthy, people I have ever known, and they will ALLWAYS be welcome in my home.

The fact is that all sorts of people can be "nice." That doesn't make their hang-ups better than that of my own. However, I would not allow them to sleep together in my home if they were staying over night. So people are always welcome; however as an example, smoking is not. My brother-in-law will go outside to smoke. When I send cards to friends who claim to be "homosexually married," I always send two separate cards. In that way, I am validating them as valued friends/individuals but not as a "couple."

My sister is a lesbian and my daughters Godmother is a lesbian. They are two of the most caring, trustworthy, people I have ever known, and they will ALLWAYS be welcome in my home.

The fact is that all sorts of people can be "nice." That doesn't make their hang-ups better than that of my own. However, I would not allow them to sleep together in my home if they were staying over night. So people are always welcome; however as an example, smoking is not. My brother-in-law will go outside to smoke. When I send cards to friends who claim to be "homosexually married," I always send two separate cards. In that way, I am validating them as valued friends/individuals but not as a "couple."
You would likely be a hit on the Jerry Springer Show.

How does them being married effect your life and your marriage?

Why should anyone have to back down from their convictions in their own home?

I dont like it either, but its they law now. I dont concern myself with stupid details like this. Gay people I know and who work with me know my views, and respect them even thought they disagree and I do the same. That said, your house your rules I spose.

And?

I am guessing you don't have many same sex couples that visit you.

You'll be sued and you will lose...:lol: .

Sued for what?

And why would this even come up? Does the OP expect gay people to start fornicating on the Formica the minute he opens his door? How many straight couples visit someone's home and start humping on the kitchen table the first chance they get? "Oh don't mind us Bob, we'll be done in a minute. Won't we honey? Honey? You look upset..."

And that goes for them interracial mongrel-making couples, too!!!

Forum List

Back