Getting specific on income/wealth inequality

Class warfare is only going to increase as time goes on... if things don't change.

Instead of attacking successful people, how about showing one that you have something to offer so he will hire you?

you are pathetic "momma government has to give me money and free stuff because I am too stupid to find work and take care of myself" you make me sick.

You are attempting to blame the engine for a flat tire. Supply side economics doesn't have a damn thing to do with our current economic woes, or wealth/earnings inequality.

Over the last fifty years, the United States, along with all of the countries of the world, have been moving from localized economies to a world economy. This shift has caused disruptions in national economies, as capital shifts with the constantly changing world markets.

Labor suffers because labor, for the most part is not mobile, and is forced to deal with the local conditions, while capital can move freely and rapidly, anywhere in the world to take advantage of favorable economic trends.

Attempting to fight this globalization is futile and counter productive to a local economy. We must accept the inevitable, and learn to prosper in the new environment. Government can do little to help, and most of the politicians efforts have caused more harm than good.

You would have a valid point if the wealthy were also suffering in this economy....they aren't

It is a case of a rising tide only lifting the yachts.

Kirk Kerkorian:

His net worth in 2008, according to Forbes magazine, was $16.0 billion, making him the world's 41st richest person at that time.[34] By 2011, Kerkorian was among those hardest hit by stock market recession as his net worth tumbled to $3.2 billion.​

how much did he pay in federal income tax? more than 99% of those who pay taxes, I would guess.

So by the past few posts the so called "American dream" is no longer true. We've always been told ala the empty rhetoric that hard work will get one a long way. Thanks for proving that wrong. I rest my case. I will also add that the opportunity to achieve success is dwindling quickly. We are headed towards a total have vs have nots with nothing in between and for anyone to argue differently is simply being an idiot. Lets call what we have now a tainted form of capitalism and nothing the forefathers wanted.

We've always been told ala the empty rhetoric that hard work will get one a long way.

It will get you further than sitting on your ass, collecting welfare will get you.

Instead of attacking successful people, how about showing one that you have something to offer so he will hire you?

you are pathetic "momma government has to give me money and free stuff because I am too stupid to find work and take care of myself" you make me sick

Been there done that... happily retired. You don't like it when I call out the truth. I owned my own business and I would never again stoop so low... so very low... as to work for some lousy jerk. Comprehend this?

[

horseshit. get off your lazy ass, stop whining, and do something. There are plenty of ways to get rich. But to your dismay, they all require brains, skills, and a work ethic---things that do not exist in the liberal mind.

Guy, it isn't about getting rich.

It's about making sure everyone gets a fair break.

And how do you propose to do that? If the work someone does isn't worth a "living wage", what should be done about that?

[

horseshit. get off your lazy ass, stop whining, and do something. There are plenty of ways to get rich. But to your dismay, they all require brains, skills, and a work ethic---things that do not exist in the liberal mind.

And how do you propose to do that? If the work someone does isn't worth a "living wage", what should be done about that?

All work is worth a living wage if you are the one doing it. Set the minimum wage at a living wage. At present, $12.50 per hour with upward adjustment for geographic location would work.

Last edited:

All work is worth a living wage if you are the one doing it. Set the minimum wage at a living wage. At present, $12.50 per hour with upward adjustment for geographic location would work.

So, if the work they do isn't worth $12.50 an hour, they're not allowed to work?

So, if the work they do isn't worth $12.50 an hour, they're not allowed to work?

Don't pop their liberal bubbles. What do they have to live for if not the make-believe world of liberal-land where reality is never to be found.

Asking them to ponder a person who produces $8 of value per hour being paid $15 per hour must makes them sad and weepy.

Cash register duty at Home Depot is not worth a living wage. If the minimum wage is raised automated checkout will be the norm instead of the exception.

Don't pop their liberal bubbles. What do they have to live for if not the make-believe world of liberal-land where reality is never to be found.

Asking them to ponder a person who produces $8 of value per hour being paid $15 per hour must makes them sad and weepy.

Yeah. I don't get it. I wonder what they think it means to say something is "worth" a certain amount.

Silly nutters.

You work a job in America....the wealthiest nation in the world....you contribute to society....you do the right thing......you get paid enough to live on. It's a simple concept.

Silly nutters.

You work a job in America....the wealthiest nation in the world....you contribute to society....you do the right thing......you get paid enough to live on. It's a simple concept.

Only to a simpleton. What do you propose to do if no one is willing to pay a person enough to live on for the labor that they have to offer?

Silly nutters.

Only to a simpleton. What do you propose to do if no one is willing to pay a person enough to live on for the labor that they have to offer?

Minimum wage, genius. Minimum wage. You've heard of it?

Well, when I was a teenager, a living wage...meaning the amount I needed to live and pay my bills... was zero. Why would it make more sense to pay someone what they need rather than what the labor is worth to the employer?

Silly nutters.

Yes. That's what I'm asking about. What do you propose to do if no one thinks that a person's labor is worth the minimum wage? Are they just not allowed to work in that case?

Yes. That's what I'm asking about. What do you propose to do if no one thinks that a person's labor is worth the minimum wage? Are they just not allowed to work in that case?

You are being obtuse. Is it fun for you?

Silly nutters.

But not all labor is worth that much and not all people who choose to do that labor demand that much.

you are pathetic "momma government has to give me money and free stuff because I am too stupid to find work and take care of myself" you make me sick

Been there done that... happily retired. You don't like it when I call out the truth. I owned my own business and I would never again stoop so low... so very low... as to work for some lousy jerk. Comprehend this?

The truth about what?

Well, when I was a teenager, a living wage...meaning the amount I needed to live and pay my bills... was zero. Why would it make more sense to pay someone what they need rather than what the labor is worth to the employer?

Do you have any data on the teenage unemployment rate trends? I know it's much harder for a 15 year old to find a job now than it was when I was that age.

Forum List

Back