Ghosts

A few decades ago, before internet, I am in a basement kiosk doing pen and ink illustrations alone. I hear footsteps and see out of the corner of my eye a shadow along the wall. Normal stuff. Accept nobody was there. I quit that place. I didn't believe in spirts or the afterlife... until then . Anybody else with a similar story?
TOld this once. Oldest daughter wakes us up in the middle of the night with a blood curdling scream. Rush into her room there is nothing there and she wont talk. Search the house. Still nothing. Tell the wife to get it out of her tomorrow even if she has to just write it down which is what she did. Claims she saw 2 red eyes in the hallway watching her.
IT is now yrs later. We have 2 large Tomcats that sleep on the bed with us. Again very late and I hear the younger larger one let out a low loud growl like he is fixing to launch himself at something. My Eyes pan over the other as I look toward the door. He is up and leaning forward also rdy to go. Again, flip on all the lights search the house and find nothing. Something seems to like that hallway though on occasion.
My TV once talked to me when I was a kid.
Course my family later found out that our house was built on an old cemetery that was built on top of an ancient Indian burial ground.
THAT sounds JUST like this movie I saw! I have my own skewered version of that movie, where people start experiencing problems caused by the ghosts of chickens. It's called, as you probably guessed, "Poultry-Geist".

I believe in the existence of ghosts. I've read a bit about ghosts, and have seen many photographs of ghosts. I've never seen one myself, but I'd like to. I also watched Ghost Hunters, years ago, when we had cable TV. We haven't had cable for over 5 years now, and we don't miss it.

A few decades ago, before internet, I am in a basement kiosk doing pen and ink illustrations alone. I hear footsteps and see out of the corner of my eye a shadow along the wall. Normal stuff. Accept nobody was there. I quit that place. I didn't believe in spirts or the afterlife... until then . Anybody else with a similar story?

Yes I bought a place in Maine. The seller sold because she was scared but didn't say why.

A physic friend visited once, went into a trance and said "I see a horrible fire" Half the mobile home had been totally rebuilt too.

My bed would feel like someone jumping on it. Get up look Blue Heeler on her bed on the floor looking at the bottom of my bed. Saw a young girl (apparition) in casts in the hall, jumping up and down normal then it sped up to an impossible rate. 2 women would sing occasionally. Sometimes tell me they were going to kill me. Eventually moved from there.

Sold it owner contract. New owner 2x4 blocked the back rooms where they were. Shortly after he blocked it, suicide.

I repossessed, replaced the mobile home with a new one. Then lived in the new 4 more years with no issues.

Yes I bought a place in Maine. The seller sold because she was scared but didn't say why.

A physic friend visited once, went into a trance and said "I see a horrible fire" Half the mobile home had been totally rebuilt too.

My bed would feel like someone jumping on it. Get up look Blue Heeler on her bed on the floor looking at the bottom of my bed. Saw a young girl (apparition) in casts in the hall, jumping up and down normal then it sped up to an impossible rate. 2 women would sing occasionally. Sometimes tell me they were going to kill me. Eventually moved from there.

Sold it owner contract. New owner 2x4 blocked the back rooms where they were. Shortly after he blocked it, suicide.

I repossessed, replaced the mobile home with a new one. Then lived in the new 4 more years with no issues.
Wow, scary stuff!

Was it the shadow hat man?

images

I've seen him a few times. a couple times when I was a little kid and again about a decade ago.

I was half dozing off in the living room on my Lay-Z-Boy and I got this creepy feeling like I was being watched that gave me goosebumps. When I looked at him I barely caught a glimpse for a split second and he bolted through the dining room and into a bedroom as soon as I noticed him. It scared the crap out of me and I sprang out of my chair and went after him. But he was gone. I searched the room and there was nobody there

There's only one door to that room and the windows were locked so he couldn't have got out without going through me.

Had to be a ghost or a hallucination.

What the heck.... not things I tell people.

For whatever reason I have personally had more than my fair share of experiences.
So I will stick to the most prominent.
The one with witnesses:
I was 17, I had came home from a girlfriends house on a Friday Night. I walked into my parents room who were watching The Tonight Show.
I sat down at the foot of their bed and was talking to them for a bit before I went to my room.
I felt a gentle pat on my right shoulder, 2 or 3 pats that felt exactly like a hand. It startled me as there was no one else home. I turned around to see a very clear dark shape move out the bedroom door. It was not a shadow, it was very clearly "3D" and only a foot away from me. At the same time my mother also saw it and sat straight up and took her hands and clasped them over her mouth.
We had a half dozen or so oddities in that house over a period of several years. This was the most prominent as two of us saw it.

I've never understood being afraid of ghosts. What are they gonna do?

Exactly. My Mum used to always tell me as a kid that if ghosts are real, they didn't hurt you when they were alive why would they hurt you when they're dead?

It's just a fear of the unknown I think and all sorts of mental scenarios going through your head that you can't relate to in the heat of the moment when you think you see or hear something. There will be a name for it and it will be straight-forward 101 human behaviour.

Forum List

Back