GM to sell only 0 emission cars by 2035

Fossil Fuel is on the way out. It will follow the way of coal.

Actually, that might make good sense for GM. Eliminates the competition from independent Grease Monkeys in the service of the new cars. Your local auto mechanics really don't have the tools or skills to work on electric vehicles. Makes everyone go to the fucking dealer for anything, when the vehicle malfunctions.

In reality, a lot of dealers do better with the service end, than they do with the sales end.

No more Corvettes or Camaros then, eh?

Yea, sure.
2021 model

mustang-mach-e.jpg

No more Corvettes or Camaros then, eh?

Yea, sure.
An electric Corvette would be bad-ass! Hybrid in the planning for 2023

The eighth-generation Chevrolet Corvette. It's a mid-engined masterpiece that is so far pretty great in both base and Z51 flavors. And it will have even more variants in the future. That much is almost certain. What exactly these variants are, however, remains an open question until Chevy makes it official. That said, intel that we've gathered suggests a Z06 is on the horizon. While the C8 Z06 is an extremely exciting proposition, it's the so-called "E-Ray" that truly has our attention.

All these plans for this and no one mentioned what they are going to do about the YUGE lack of electric vehicle infrastructure.

Fossil Fuel is on the way out. It will follow the way of coal.
Nope, fossil fuel will still be needed forever. Electricity has to come from somewhere.
Electricity is not the problem. In TN we get 40% from Nuclear, a huge amount from hydroelectric and yes some from fissile fuels. Electric production is going to be doable. Not so sure about planes, trains and automobiles. I kind of like all three. I cannot see planes or trains in the foreseeable future. Pretty sure can possible make automobiles work, but not sure of the effects of the battery production that would be required, where the natural resources come from and our dependence level on foreign supply. I am not anti the idea. I just need to be sure it is not going to disadvantage us comparatively to other nations. I am not from Missouri, but somebody will have to "show me" and explain step by step the unintended consequences before I can climb aboard.

There should be a law to force hood rats to put replace a muffler on their autos. Jeez that is some annoying noise pollution.

Forum List

Back