Good set of pans that don't cost a $million... and won't poison you either, which is nice.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
My cast iron days are over. As a person with RA, I don't do well trying to cook with a 50lb pan. I have never liked stainless steel, which of course isn't rustproof... thus the name stain-less. They are 10 times harder to clean etc. And I don't really like how they cook food, not too mention leaching metals into your food.

I bought these ---> https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...MNFYrntP_Pk-dRwgHdP1TY5B7Id3J05AaAk0eEALw_wcB
a year ago now.
I was highly skeptical because of the low price. Only thing worse than cheap pans is a dull/cheap knife. But these things are not cheaply made. Very durable, light and very non stick. I have never had pans that are so non stick. They are 100% transferable from stove top to oven up to 450 degrees.
And best of all... they leach nothing toxic. Nothing.
Like I say, I have had them one year now. I use them daily, I am somewhat rough with pans... as I flip stir and shake stir on the surface of the grill etc. And they absolutely still look brand new.

green.jpg

thus the name stain-less. They are 10 times harder to clean etc. And I don't really like how they cook food, not too mention leaching metals into your food.

I just bought an entire set on sale. Still in the back of my car. I didn't know they leached metals into food.

I use a cast iron skillet only for searing a steak. It goes from that into the rotisserie for 18 minutes and VOILA! Perfect!

I thought I came across a recipe here where you could do the whole steak in a cast iron skillet.

You have different grades of stainless steel.
316 will not rust,304 will get light surface rust but it can be easily removed with a scotch brite pad.
You can easily check what you have with a magnet. 316 is totally none magnetic where 304 will be slightly magnetic.
If you dont want none stick and you dont want stainless or cast that leaves you with very few options.
Have you tried carbon steel pans? You wont get that none stick performance and you have to season them the same as you do cast.
I have a bunch of De Buyer carbon steel pans but they aren't cheap but there are cheaper options.
1619737373582.png

3C546747-9672-4F19-AD8C-10F38AE0B4D5_1_201_a.jpeg

Before seasoning.
77467DCE-B78F-43A4-9B1C-F8F579D2B241_1_201_a.jpeg

After the first several rounds of seasoning.

My cast iron days are over. As a person with RA, I don't do well trying to cook with a 50lb pan. I have never liked stainless steel, which of course isn't rustproof... thus the name stain-less. They are 10 times harder to clean etc. And I don't really like how they cook food, not too mention leaching metals into your food.

I bought these ---> https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...MNFYrntP_Pk-dRwgHdP1TY5B7Id3J05AaAk0eEALw_wcB
a year ago now.
I was highly skeptical because of the low price. Only thing worse than cheap pans is a dull/cheap knife. But these things are not cheaply made. Very durable, light and very non stick. I have never had pans that are so non stick. They are 100% transferable from stove top to oven up to 450 degrees.
Like I say, I have had them one year now. I use them daily, I am somewhat rough with pans... as I flip stir and shake stir on the surface of the grill etc. And they absolutely still look brand new.

View attachment 485320
That looks like the self defense frying pan that I saw used at an Antifa riot. They make beeeeeuteeeful music--three sizes, three different tones CLING, CLANG, CLUNG!

a year ago now.

View attachment 485320
All kidding aside, they look like a fine set of cookware. Congrats.

a year ago now.
That's $300, they're just as heavy as cast iron, and I hate how pieces of plastic and ceramic coating from "non-stick" pots and pans peel and chip off into the food. Wire brush the rust. Put a lid on it and leave it on the stove. Cast iron doesn't need to be "cleaned" and soaped obsessively.

a year ago now.
That's $300, they're just as heavy as cast iron, and I hate how pieces of plastic and ceramic coating from "non-stick" pots and pans peel and chip off into the food. Wire brush the rust. Put a lid on it and leave it on the stove. Cast iron doesn't need to be "cleaned" and soaped obsessively.
Uh... I said they are the most non stick pans I have ever used in my 56 years of life.
And that includes cleaning. You hardly need soap at all, if at all.
I also said I have RA, I can't do heavy cast iron pans.
I do have one cast iron pan that is thinner that I cook steaks and chops in. You can't get that beautiful caramelized crust in non stick pans.
I also said, I am rough on pans and I have had these for a year and they still look brand new.

As long as I can do it, I refuse the RA medications. They lower your immune system and cause fatigue. I would rather have the pain.
When people say they have pain, and they want medications, I always assume it's some kind of recreational drug or another they're after. That's all that's offered by the crooks and liars of the modern medical establishment anyways.

As long as I can do it, I refuse the RA medications. They lower your immune system and cause fatigue. I would rather have the pain.
When people say they have pain, and they want medications, I always assume it's some kind of recreational drug or another they're after. That's all that's offered by the crooks and liars of the modern medical establishment anyways.

Than you're a dumbass.
I've been taking hydrocodon for over a year and they then put me on morphine a month ago.
I went and had a Spinal cord stimulater put in two days ago and it's working wonders.
I'll soon be off all pain meds other than maybe some over the counter stuff.
You assume to much.

Forum List

Back