Granny, Granny

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I have reappeared ... AGAIN. Yet another string of playing stupid computer games. The good news is that today is my 70th birthday ... and I will not be blessing (or cursing) folks with a recap of my life for the past year. I also have no pictures to post simply because I have no idea how to do it. :lol:

The bad news is that Granny has not been feeling up to par the past few weeks ... necessary dental work, but I think (and HOPE) that the worst of it is behind me. I'm also $3k poorer. Playing stupid computer games helped glaze my brain over so I didn't have to think about pain.

Really, though, I've met some goals I set for myself within the last few months. I've reached my 25 pushups goal and that's all the pushups any 70 year old woman should have to accomplish. Despite some interruptions in routine recently I've managed to stay on top of my exercise routine (also including 25 squats sets) and kept my weight within a couple pounds of target. I've decided that working full time is the way for me to go whether I want to or not - the economy being what it is. I've also made a great effort to wear makeup every day ... my hair has grown a good bit longer and I've rediscovered bobby pins.

Planning to go to Richmond next week to have Thanksgiving with my youngest daughter. All in all, I figure I've been a very blessed woman to have had continued good health, great children and good friends.

Please pray for Granny that she will have some time with her old high school flame this trip. She could use a big, long hug and ... er ... perhaps other activities of an affectionate nature. :D

I have reappeared ... AGAIN. Yet another string of playing stupid computer games. The good news is that today is my 70th birthday ... and I will not be blessing (or cursing) folks with a recap of my life for the past year. I also have no pictures to post simply because I have no idea how to do it. :lol:

The bad news is that Granny has not been feeling up to par the past few weeks ... necessary dental work, but I think (and HOPE) that the worst of it is behind me. I'm also $3k poorer. Playing stupid computer games helped glaze my brain over so I didn't have to think about pain.

Really, though, I've met some goals I set for myself within the last few months. I've reached my 25 pushups goal and that's all the pushups any 70 year old woman should have to accomplish. Despite some interruptions in routine recently I've managed to stay on top of my exercise routine (also including 25 squats sets) and kept my weight within a couple pounds of target. I've decided that working full time is the way for me to go whether I want to or not - the economy being what it is. I've also made a great effort to wear makeup every day ... my hair has grown a good bit longer and I've rediscovered bobby pins.

Planning to go to Richmond next week to have Thanksgiving with my youngest daughter. All in all, I figure I've been a very blessed woman to have had continued good health, great children and good friends.

Please pray for Granny that she will have some time with her old high school flame this trip. She could use a big, long hug and ... er ... perhaps other activities of an affectionate nature. :D

Bless you granny and get to knockin' boots before it's to late.

25 pushups!!? Thats awesome!!! Keep on exercising Granny, it is the fountain of youth! Enjoy your time with your family and hopefully you get a little some some from your HS Flame :lol: Have fun!!

o hush little man......lol....

here ya go granny....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arShNWisgEc]Things That Will Make You Feel Old - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome Back, Granny!

And as Miss Jean Brodie would have said: You're in your prime!

Forum List

Back