Graphics computing and gamers, wait till Nov-Dec to buy your upgraded desktop

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
The Newer Nvidia graphics cards series RTX-3080 will be less expensive to produce, use less power and release less heat making it easier to cool. This means the newer desktops will be priced in line with previous card models but give better rendering speeds with the added cuda cores and GB's of memory.

Never wait on supposed technology. Get what's the best available now that you can afford.
Preferably something that's a known entity.
Graphene will be the norm by 2018, they said.

Never wait on supposed technology. Get what's the best available now that you can afford.
Preferably something that's a known entity.
Graphene will be the norm by 2018, they said.
The problem with graphene was manufacturing cost to benefit ratio as well as early graphene applications that produced products that were more expensive but only equal or slightly better than existing materials. That doesn't mean graphene has been tossed by the wayside, it simply needed more research in production and application. We're finally starting to see beneficial, lost cost manufacturing and application of graphene primarily in the medical field but also in the energy conductivity and battery applications.
As with many discoveries it often takes decades, if not longer to bring them to practical, low cost commercial applications. Graphene may still become the wonder material that was hailed in the 2000s but not for many years maybe even another couple more decades.

If true, this could work out well with my birthday in October. :)
Start saving your pennies......, by the thousands........ They're speculating it will cost the same as the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080, roughly $1000.00 I'm not that dedicated to gaming........

If true, this could work out well with my birthday in October. :)
Start saving your pennies......, by the thousands........ They're speculating it will cost the same as the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080, roughly $1000.00 I'm not that dedicated to gaming........

LOL, I'm just hoping it might lower the price of previous gen cards! I'm looking at an RX 5700 or XT. ;)

Good news update:
Rtx 3060- 3070- 3080 cards are either rumored for Sept 1st (through a countdown they have) or Sept17, maybe the 17th is the soonest desktop PC's will have them?
Cost seems to be in line with where the rtx 2060-2070- 2080's are now.
Let's see how the computer build companies price the newer cards in the PC's, it should not be a premium over the rtx 2060-2070-2080 series.

Reason to wait for the new card:
The rtx-3070 is supposed to be as fast and powerful as the RTX-2080ti but is estimated at $600 which is about half the price and will use less power and radiate less heat.

Ok so by taking my own advice I got rtx-2080 ti speeds usually found in $2,100 computer builds for under rtx-2070super pc build prices= usually around $1,700, by getting the rtx-3070 card build.
The computer uses only 650watts power supply because the rtx-3070 only uses up to 220watts.
Along with a low power CPU and ssd drive it's a low energy build that's fine air cooled with no need for liquid cooling which is rare in graphic intensive computers.
Now the fun part, realizing some of your software is not Windows 10 compatible and that transfering your favorite software won't transfer your licensing and passwords hidden in your former PC registry entries and hidden files.:omg:

Ok so by taking my own advice I got rtx-2080 ti speeds usually found in $2,100 computer builds for under rtx-2070super pc build prices= usually around $1,700, by getting the rtx-3070 card build.
The computer uses only 650watts power supply because the rtx-3070 only uses up to 220watts.
Along with a low power CPU and ssd drive it's a low energy build that's fine air cooled with no need for liquid cooling which is rare in graphic intensive computers.
Now the fun part, realizing some of your software is not Windows 10 compatible and that transfering your favorite software won't transfer your licensing and passwords hidden in your former PC registry entries and hidden files.:omg:

You bought a PC with an RTX 3070 in it? I didn't think those actually existed! :lol:

You bought a PC with an RTX 3070 in it? I didn't think those actually existed! :lol:
Stores are still pawning off gtx 1060's which can't even handle most modern day vr headsets.
The supplies of anything high tech these days are terrible, you can't get the cards to build your own graphic pc, but decent set builds have good supplies and are the only way to grab the latest cards.
Ironically Best Buy has better deals on rtx3080 desktops then Amazon, but they are sold out.
Early next year supplies should bring the builds down in price as scalpers will be pushed out.
Now to patiently wait on the sold out pc required
vr headsets to be restocked or the New series to come out. This is what happens when you legalize drugs in the silicon valley, they'll get to it, they'll get around to it eventually, wait what is it we forgot to pack the trucks with?

Stores are still pawning off gtx 1060's which can't even handle most modern day vr headsets.
The supplies of anything high tech these days are terrible, you can't get the cards to build your own graphic pc, but decent set builds have good supplies and are the only way to grab the latest cards.
Ironically Best Buy has better deals on rtx3080 desktops then Amazon, but they are sold out.
Early next year supplies should bring the builds down in price as scalpers will be pushed out.
vr headsets to be restocked or the New series to come out. This is what happens when you legalize drugs in the silicon valley, they'll get to it, they'll get around to it eventually, wait what is it we forgot to pack the trucks with?

Nvidia and AMD both screwed the pooch with their new generation card launches. They knew there wasn't enough supply (in Nvidia's case, from what I've read, there were only something like 2000 cards worldwide at first launch), but they decided to 'launch' anyway.

Hopefully supplies will increase soon, but who knows?

Nvidia and AMD both screwed the pooch with their new generation card launches. They knew there wasn't enough supply (in Nvidia's case, from what I've read, there were only something like 2000 cards worldwide at first launch), but they decided to 'launch' anyway.

Hopefully supplies will increase soon, but who knows?
And yet it's supposed to be easier to produce with the new technology they are using.
VR manufacturers bungled this worse by missing not only this years holiday boom, but will miss the surge in need for the technology that is especially needed and desired during the pandemic not after, when people will be back exploring the real world.
How Sony can put out the PS5 without the VR Headset is mind boggling especially with the better supplied Xbox competing with them and that's the only major thing that sets them apart.

Forum List

Back