Greenhouse Gardening

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
We have had a greenhouse for about 10 years but let it go for last couple yr and now trying to set it back up.In it was container and hydroponics.

A greenhouse is the way to go if you want to grow nicely. They can also be made very affordably.

We have had a greenhouse for about 10 years but let it go for last couple yr and now trying to set it back up.In it was container and hydroponics.
I wish I had one so instead I use the walk -in closet and spare bathroom to grow in during the winter.

That's nice. You got some tips?

Not sure what do you want to know? We learned a lot from MHPGardner. We did pretty good only problem was heat and we're in N.Florida,lol.
Of course I did it my way on some things like his white buckets.I like the Loews blue buckets because any light makes the water green with algae.

Not sure what do you want to know? We learned a lot from MHPGardner. We did pretty good only problem was heat and we're in N.Florida,lol.
Of course I did it my way on some things like his white buckets.I like the Loews blue buckets because any light makes the water green with algae.

I don't have a greenhouse so I don't know much about it but am interested. I live in Zone 5 so I can't grow things outside all year and have thought many times about adding a greenhouse.

I guess I misunderstood your initial post. Apparently you were simply making an announcement. Therefore, I'll amend my response to: GOOD FOR YOU. GOOD LUCK.

This was our hydroponic or part of them.We grew all kinds of squash,lwttuce,peppers. Plus in soil in containers too.

1608315529389.png

Last edited:
I wish I had one so instead I use the walk -in closet and spare bathroom to grow in during the winter.

That works too ,lots of peopel are growing inside now using grow lights.

I don't have a greenhouse so I don't know much about it but am interested. I live in Zone 5 so I can't grow things outside all year and have thought many times about adding a greenhouse.

I guess I misunderstood your initial post. Apparently you were simply making an announcement. Therefore, I'll amend my response to: GOOD FOR YOU. GOOD LUCK.

I wasn't trying to be mean or wise. I'm just trying to exist and save whats left of my sanity. o_O

I wasn't trying to be mean or wise. I'm just trying to exist and save whats left of my sanity. o_O

No sweat. Thanks. I enjoyed the video.

Any pictures of your greenhouse plants would be nice to see. Plus of course ideas.

That man is full of ideas and knoiwledge. We never even heard of hydro till we watched his video. We grew in raised beds inside and out of greenhouse.
Glad you enjoyed the video.

That works too ,lots of peopel are growing inside now using grow lights.
The new LEDs are better than the old fluorescent tubes I used for many years and cost less..

That man is full of ideas and knoiwledge. We never even heard of hydro till we watched his video. We grew in raised beds inside and out of greenhouse.
Glad you enjoyed the video.

They are making hydro grow trailers now that are around 40-60 k...

We just filled up our composter last week with leaves for container .Plan to sow some seeds this evening inside the house.We had a light freeze last night.
This picture was taken a couple years ago.

1608317878899.png

We are having a time with it now, Monday our 13 yr old dog died we haven't stopped crying from that 5 minutes ago hubby called me out to chicken pen and two of our favorite hens are dead,something got inside pen. A well secured pen ,we thought. Only had 6 hens for eggs,now 4. He is burring them now. And I'm suppose to clean out greenhouse and start slowly setting it up.

We are having a time with it now, Monday our 13 yr old dog died we haven't stopped crying from that 5 minutes ago hubby called me out to chicken pen and two of our favorite hens are dead,something got inside pen. A well secured pen ,we thought. Only had 6 hens for eggs,now 4. He is burring them now. And I'm suppose to clean out greenhouse and start slowly setting it up.
I had 75 birds until a respiratory infection wiped them out.

I had 75 birds until a respiratory infection wiped them out.

My gooness thats a lot,ours was just for eggs all had names,only two of us so no need to have very many. Never had more than 20 chickens. We figured our protein would be from eggs. We changed pens now. Thankd goodness we had two pens.

Compost, look at this broccolli we grew 4 yr ago just using compost for fertilizer. We had lots to put up . I grew it in covered raised bed using using karosene lamps for heat. Grew lots of cabbage in containers in greenhouse too.

1608325824650.png

Forum List

Back