Greetings USMB! Long Time Lurker Deciding to Jump Off the Fence

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 30, 2019
Granite State
Hello USMB!. I've been watching these boards since the summer of 2016. Just decided recently it's time to get off the fence and get in the game. My work keeps me busy so I have to pick my times to catch up on this board. I have to admit, over the last couple of years, this site has kept me entertained, both right and left. I hope I can add worthwhile conversation.

A little about me. I hail from the Granite State. My views run from progressive on social and healthcare issues to a bit on the conservative side when it comes to spending and budgeting issues. I was a registered Republican until 2000 when I finally got sick of the party being run off the rails by the extremists (yeah, I know, just look at it now!). After I saw what extremism did to my own hometown in the late 90's, I'd had enough. I really don't have any tolerance for conspiracy theories but I have to admit, reading them is a lot of fun for me. And I enjoy taking them apart.

I've watched these boards long enough to know what I'm in for. My colleagues tell me that even though my opinions differ from theirs, I am always willing to listen and entertain other points of view...and then add my counter arguments and why those points of view might be wrong.

tenor.gif

Hello USMB!. I've been watching these boards since the summer of 2016. Just decided recently it's time to get off the fence and get in the game. My work keeps me busy so I have to pick my times to catch up on this board. I have to admit, over the last couple of years, this site has kept me entertained, both right and left. I hope I can add worthwhile conversation.

A little about me. I hail from the Granite State. My views run from progressive on social and healthcare issues to a bit on the conservative side when it comes to spending and budgeting issues. I was a registered Republican until 2000 when I finally got sick of the party being run off the rails by the extremists (yeah, I know, just look at it now!). After I saw what extremism did to my own hometown in the late 90's, I'd had enough. I really don't have any tolerance for conspiracy theories but I have to admit, reading them is a lot of fun for me. And I enjoy taking them apart.

I've watched these boards long enough to know what I'm in for. My colleagues tell me that even though my opinions differ from theirs, I am always willing to listen and entertain other points of view...and then add my counter arguments and why those points of view might be wrong.
Welp, if you're smart you'll soon figure out that both sides are run by full of shyt "extremists" like I did years ago.
Here it ain't fences you're jumping on more like cess-pools you're jumping in........... Welcome to the insane asylum. :thup:

Welp, if you're smart you'll soon figure out that both sides are run by full of shyt "extremists" like I did years ago.
Here it ain't fences you're jumping on more like cess-pools you're jumping in........... Welcome to the insane asylum. :thup:

Except for me, right?

He forgot to say except for me.

Welcome!

How can you be fiscally assertive and be authoritarian on healthcare? Lol huge tax rate?
How dumb.
Welcome!

:welcome: Jack...

My views run from progressive on social and healthcare issues to a bit on the conservative side when it comes to spending and budgeting issues.

fe0e731246605747ca04c3950aa1164c--margaret-thatcher-quotes-party-quotes.jpg

Hah! My dad used to say, "those who walk in the middle of the road usually get hit by traffic going both ways!..Best to choose a side!"

Welcome Jackof!
A word of advice...steer clear of Unkotare and Tommy Tainant...they are notorious trolls and militant homosexuals who will PM you pics of their nuts...disgusting stuff.

Welcome again.

Last edited:

Welcome, Jack! Anyone who can read here for three years and still keep their mouth shut is quite a character, imo. Looking forward to you straightening out a few of these posters. Have a spiked cider and warm up.

8366359564_8be8bea3e3_k-700x467.jpg

Last edited:

Welcome to the Jungle...images (45).jpeg
You may want to update your shots before entering.

Whatever.

Call me when the plywood gets thru

Oh, a middle-of-the-roader, eh. You and Mac1958 will no doubt have some stimulating conversations about nothing.

Oh, yea . . . welcome.

Is that you, Jake?

Just remember...Rambunctious is always right...just ask him....

Welcome to the board.
Our town was thriving in the late 90's when the economy was humming under Clinton. Regretfully the moral compass went way down too. The town struggled a bit in the 2000s. But Hope and Change was promised in 2016 and Hope and
Change arrived. God has saved us.

Forum List

Back