Gun Nuts destroy national historical treasures not to mention people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
A Culture Clash Over Guns Infiltrates the Backcountry
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — As a lover of ancient rock art, Steve Acerson usually roams Utah’s backcountry searching for images of hunters and rams carved on boulders and canyon walls. But one morning, on a hillside speckled with those prehistoric petroglyphs, he was also finding signs of a younger civilization: Shotgun shells. Bullets. Shredded juniper trees. Exploded cans of spray paint.

“It’s all been shot,” he said. “It’s just destroying everything.”

Over the Fourth of July weekend in Pike National Forest in Colorado, a 60-year-old camper preparing to make s’mores with his grandchildren was killed when a stray bullet arced into his campsite. The camper, Glenn Martin, said “ow,” his daughter said, and when his family ran to help him, there was a hole in his shirt and blood pouring from his mouth.

Sff5YfI.jpg

Can't just blame 'gun nuts'- the ones to blame are the nuts- gun owners or not that deface ancient sites- far more common is just graffitti over petroglyphs and theft of artifacts.

Worth attacking the idiots who harm our history- not accurate to attack gun owners as the problem.

From OP source:

Here in the Lake Mountains of Utah, Bureau of Land Management officials want to permanently ban shooting because they say it is jeopardizing hundreds of petroglyphs that Native Americans pecked onto sandstone outcroppings and boulders as long as 10,000 years ago. Advocates say the mountainside is an open-air museum, one where bullets have struck the petroglyphs, chipping and cracking the runic swirls and wiry images of people and animals.

“We’ve had serious damage,” said Kevin Oliver, district manager for the bureau’s West Desert district. “The shooting was so dense we had to do something.”

Gun Nuts are the people we have here like M14 Shooter and a couple others
Why don't you attack Switzerland and their crazy loose gun laws. They all own assault rifles there. But they somehow live in one of the safest nations in the world. How is that possible? I thought guns kill people

Gun Nuts are the people we have here like M14 Shooter and a couple others
Says an anti-gun loon, happily able to only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
I'm a vet and a gun owner you idiot, just NOT a single-issue, gun nut like you.
Nothing here changes the fact that you know you, like all the other anti-gun loons, can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
:dunno:

I'm all for changes to gun control laws...
Me too!
-50-state reciprocity for state-issued CCW permits, to include DC and the US external possessions!
-Repeal of state and local requirements for registration, licensure and permits to own a gun!
-Relaxation of the NFA regulations for the transfer of machine guns, specifically to include the repeal of the May 1986 limitation and the 'may issue' CLEO provision..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back