Gun safety coarse

Luissa, gun safety cannot be stressed enough, I am a qualified Range safety Officer on Ft Bragg, or at least i used to be.

Chances are that any gun safety course being offered in your area is NRA approved or certified. Ask around at several clubs and dealers, You'll eventually start hearing the same name or place over and over again...That's where you go...

Lesson one: There is no such thing as an unloaded weapon.......

Lesson two-keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot

Lesson three: If the firearm doesn't have a pin blocker (to keep the firing pin from contacting the shell when the trigger is not pulled back) it may be a good idea to NOT have a shell in the chamber...in case the firearm is dropped.

Luissa, gun safety cannot be stressed enough, I am a qualified Range safety Officer on Ft Bragg, or at least i used to be.

Chances are that any gun safety course being offered in your area is NRA approved or certified. Ask around at several clubs and dealers, You'll eventually start hearing the same name or place over and over again...That's where you go...

Lesson one: There is no such thing as an unloaded weapon.......

Lesson three: If the firearm doesn't have a pin blocker (to keep the firing pin from contacting the shell when the trigger is not pulled back) it may be a good idea to NOT have a shell in the chamber...in case the firearm is dropped.

lesson 4- never hang out with people who act irresponsible with firearms while they have firearms

lesson 4- never hang out with people who act irresponsible with firearms while they have firearms

Lesson Five: Never point a loaded weapon at something you do not intend to shoot.

That's "course," not "coarse..."

Sandpaper is coarse, you study for your course...

I know. I'm a dick...

No, you're not a dick. I was really bothered by that misspelling myself, but I didn't have the courage to say anything. I thought someone might criticize me for saying it. Which makes me a wimp. And in the future, I'll choose criticism from others rather than feeling like a wimp.

I know I appreciate it when someone corrects me on spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. That's how you learn.

Lesson Five: Never point a loaded weapon at something you do not intend to shoot.

Lesson Six: Always act like your weapon is loaded and keep it pointed at the floor...away from your feet.

Last edited:
What are the best options for a gun safety coarse? Through the NRA or a gun club?
It would be for a child.

You know something else Lulu...depending on the age of your son, there maybe an Airsoft battleground that would also teach him the ropes, with a gun that shoots Airsoft BBs.

What are the best options for a gun safety coarse? Through the NRA or a gun club?
It would be for a child.

I was taught basic gun safety from my father. You may have to go to your nearest NRA branch office for more details.

I don't know anything about gun safety.
I kind of hate guns, no I don't want to take away yours. Lol
I just don't like them.

But my son seems to like them, and I don't want him to disrespect them.. You could say.

I never suggested you wanted to Luissa. Just trying to extend an olive branch there. The reason I say my father taught me, was because he was in the Army, where he learned his skills with rifles and sidearms, including safety.

Most local sportsman clubs have annual hunter safety training classes,for new hunters.State sanctioned and required for licensing,most are at 12 or 14 years of age depends on the state.

The first time I fired a gun was on the school sports field. It was a Luger our house master had swagged during the War. He brought it in one day and we got to fire a few bullets at an oil drum. I doubt he had a licence for it.

I've taught kids as young as six years old. Used a chalkboard to explain how the sights on a weapon work, hammered away about safety, safety, safety.

Then took them out with some BB guns, and they were plinking soda cans at a distance from their very first shots! Amazing.

So if real firearms are not an option (not allowed) where you live, try a BB gun.

But I think every child should be drilled on what to do if they find a real gun, and they should be shown the kind of damage a round does and asked what they think that would do to a person.

Every gun seller knows an instructor.

It would be for a child.

You know something else Lulu...depending on the age of your son, there maybe an Airsoft battleground that would also teach him the ropes, with a gun that shoots Airsoft BBs.

He has a BB gun, my brother bought it for him a few years ago. It is still in the box and where he can't find it. Lol
But I thought about starting there.

I do not know anything about guns, so I figure he should learn from someone who does. Plus it is something for him to do, maybe something we can do together... If I learn maybe I won't be scared of them so much.
I have a lot fear, mostly from my brother being shot.

It would be for a child.

He has a BB gun, my brother bought it for him a few years ago. It is still in the box and where he can't find it. Lol

bb guns can be fun but they are not a toy

as with any the safety rules need to be respected

bb guns can be fun but they are not a toy

as with any the safety rules need to be respected

Hence why it is in the box still after two years. Lol

Forum List

Back