Gun Show Idiocy - $950 Norinco SKS

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
You heard that right. I went to a small gun show tonight. There were about 25 neckbeards, price-gougers, and hoarders set up there and the admission was $5.00. The pistols came in two varieties: Cheaper foreign-made imported .25 autos, 380 autos, 9mm autos, and revolvers in the $350-$400 price range, and high-end collectible S&W, Colts, Rugers, and others in the $500-$2000 range.

What few AR-15's and AK's I saw were the low-priced standard commercial models, but were prices between $900 and $1500. Lots of bolt-action hunting rifles because the Amish buy their guns at the shows. Lots of cut-down or sporterized military bolt-action rifles like Enfields, Springfields, Mausers, and Mosin-Nagants, but the prices were up around $350-$450. Untouched military rifles were going for much higher.

What ammunition was there was pricey. Lowest price on 9mm was $50 for a box of 20 rounds, and .22 LR was running anywhere from $60-$100 per thousand rounds. Not much reloading stuff there. I did see one single 1,000 pcs. box of large rifle magnum primers for $75, but those aren't something you'd use much. Most of the other primers were old and being sold in the 100 pcs. containers. Saw three metal cans of powder for $35, but they appeared to be old and had been opened. One of them smelled funky, which is a good indication that the powder is deteriorating. Most of the bulk reloading bullets were in calibers I don't use. Partial boxes were going for $20 and full boxes for $30-$50.

There were two SKS rifles there. Both were Chinese Norinco, one was $650, the other was $950. Used pistol magazines were also going for anywhere between $30 and $60, depending. Out of all the vendors there, only three or four of them appeared to be licensed dealers. The rest of them were private sellers, and no paperwork was required. Hardly anyone there was wearing a mask, although some of the customers were.

I spent $25 there, including the admission price. Got a future Biden-era gun ban compliant PMAG 10-round magazine for my Glock 19 for $10, and a bag of 100 30-06 once-fired brass for $10. Yeah, I'm cheap.

I took a couple pistols with me for possible trade or sale, two vintage .25 ACP pistols. A couple of the vendors expressed interest in them, but I wasn't going to take less than $350 apiece for them. One of them is an FN Browning vest pistol in .25 ACP. One of the interested vendors had one like it on the table for $500, but wouldn't give $350 for the one I had. Screw him, I don't really need the money, and I have $30 and $50 invested in them.

So here's my big gun show haul..

gs1.jpg

gs2.jpg

About a year ago, I took an interest in Super 38's on 1911 frames- I asked the guy where I do business about them he said he could put me on the waiting list- I didn't do it- I did get a box (50) 45 acp for 30 bucks IMS- I'm afraid of having a heart attack from sticker shock so I don't visit there anymore-

The pistols came in two varieties: Cheaper foreign-made imported .25 autos, 380 autos, 9mm autos, and revolvers in the $350-$400 price range, and high-end collectible S&W, Colts, Rugers, and others in the $500-$2000 range.
What do you get for that money? Pre-pay for the gun and pick it up at some shop downtown when some state law or federal “waiting period” or some shit like that has elapsed and all the vendors at the gun show have packed their tents and left town?

Fingerprints, FBI background check, local police stations tipped off with an “armed and dangerous” poster with your very own face on it? A shitload of ATF paperwork stamped DENIED in ugly red capital letters, your passport revoked because they don't want armed Americans in other countries. Oh, you mean you aren't really a serial killer, like it says on your background check report? Wonderful.

I spent $25 there, including the admission price. Got a future Biden-era gun ban compliant PMAG 10-round magazine for my Glock 19 for $10, and a bag of 100 30-06 once-fired brass for $10. Yeah, I'm cheap.
So you and your fellow armed cops are stumping for a Democrat imposter to be installed in the White House. It's all a metric fuckton of bullshit since the Freemasons took over the NRA and seized all the finances, and there's a whore in the office serving divorce papers and restraining orders to “gentlemen” who attempt to lawfully purchase legal firearms only to find out that they are forever damned on the Democrat's precious National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) | Federal Bureau of Investigation shitlist and blackballed as unstable, mentally ill, psychotic, mad individuals who should never be trusted with a dangerous weapon for the rest of their lives.

The pistols came in two varieties: Cheaper foreign-made imported .25 autos, 380 autos, 9mm autos, and revolvers in the $350-$400 price range, and high-end collectible S&W, Colts, Rugers, and others in the $500-$2000 range.
What do you get for that money? Pre-pay for the gun and pick it up at some shop downtown when some state law or federal “waiting period” or some shit like that has elapsed and all the vendors at the gun show have packed their tents and left town?

Fingerprints, FBI background check, local police stations tipped off with an “armed and dangerous” poster with your very own face on it? A shitload of ATF paperwork stamped DENIED in ugly red capital letters, your passport revoked because they don't want armed Americans in other countries. Oh, you mean you aren't really a serial killer, like it says on your background check report? Wonderful.

So you and your fellow armed cops are stumping for a Democrat imposter to be installed in the White House. It's all a metric fuckton of bullshit since the Freemasons took over the NRA and seized all the finances, and there's a whore in the office serving divorce papers and restraining orders to “gentlemen” who attempt to lawfully purchase legal firearms only to find out that they are forever damned on the Democrat's precious National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) | Federal Bureau of Investigation shitlist and blackballed as unstable, mentally ill, psychotic, mad individuals who should never be trusted with a dangerous weapon for the rest of their lives.

No. Like I said, the majority of those vendors were "private sellers." You hand the guy the cash, and go home with it. Once you get home with it, you can finger-fuck it, you can whisper sweet nothings down its barrel, you can even sleep with it and have sex with it if you want. It's yours. See how that works?

Don't tell me you've never been to a gun show?

You heard that right. I went to a small gun show tonight. There were about 25 neckbeards, price-gougers, and hoarders set up there and the admission was $5.00. The pistols came in two varieties: Cheaper foreign-made imported .25 autos, 380 autos, 9mm autos, and revolvers in the $350-$400 price range, and high-end collectible S&W, Colts, Rugers, and others in the $500-$2000 range.

What few AR-15's and AK's I saw were the low-priced standard commercial models, but were prices between $900 and $1500. Lots of bolt-action hunting rifles because the Amish buy their guns at the shows. Lots of cut-down or sporterized military bolt-action rifles like Enfields, Springfields, Mausers, and Mosin-Nagants, but the prices were up around $350-$450. Untouched military rifles were going for much higher.

What ammunition was there was pricey. Lowest price on 9mm was $50 for a box of 20 rounds, and .22 LR was running anywhere from $60-$100 per thousand rounds. Not much reloading stuff there. I did see one single 1,000 pcs. box of large rifle magnum primers for $75, but those aren't something you'd use much. Most of the other primers were old and being sold in the 100 pcs. containers. Saw three metal cans of powder for $35, but they appeared to be old and had been opened. One of them smelled funky, which is a good indication that the powder is deteriorating. Most of the bulk reloading bullets were in calibers I don't use. Partial boxes were going for $20 and full boxes for $30-$50.

There were two SKS rifles there. Both were Chinese Norinco, one was $650, the other was $950. Used pistol magazines were also going for anywhere between $30 and $60, depending. Out of all the vendors there, only three or four of them appeared to be licensed dealers. The rest of them were private sellers, and no paperwork was required. Hardly anyone there was wearing a mask, although some of the customers were.

I took a couple pistols with me for possible trade or sale, two vintage .25 ACP pistols. A couple of the vendors expressed interest in them, but I wasn't going to take less than $350 apiece for them. One of them is an FN Browning vest pistol in .25 ACP. One of the interested vendors had one like it on the table for $500, but wouldn't give $350 for the one I had. Screw him, I don't really need the money, and I have $30 and $50 invested in them.

View attachment 427937

View attachment 427938
'The rest of them were private sellers, and no paperwork was required'?. See any sketchy types there, like gang bangers or getting ready to go to war with the gummit people?

View attachment 427937

View attachment 427938
'The rest of them were private sellers, and no paperwork was required'?. See any sketchy types there, like gang bangers or getting ready to go to war with the gummit people?

Yeas. There were some yutes there wearing black clothes that made me a little suspicious. Some of them brought in guns to trade, and I have no idea where they got them.

Funny thing though: All of them were wearing the same hats and were dressed the same. They had funny-looking goatee beard too. No mustaches, just beards. They all had a slight smell of cow manure or something, I don't know. They looked familiar, but I don't remember where I saw them before.

I probably should have taken a picture of them, but I found one online that sorta reminded me of what they looked like...

5996f11998b35d341adf60dd85921498.jpg

Don't tell me you've never been to a gun show?
They rubber-stamp your hand for all the feds and ATF agents to see you attended, with a fingerprint, DNA profile, background check, waiting period, mental health evaluation, just like everybody else.

Well yes, they did stamp my hand. But I did go next door to the store to get a sammich and while I was there, I washed my hands.

Wouldn't you know it? The darned ink stamp washed off. I went back to the gun show and told the guy at the door that the stamp washed off, but he waved me in.

I guess they must have scanned my retinas when I went in the first time, so they knew it was me. Or more likely someone probably attached a microscopic ID chip on my coat while I wasn't looking, so they knew it was me.

Good thing they did that. I would have hated to fork over another $5 to get back in the show. I thought about sneaking around the back and going through the back door, but after I saw those two BATF agents standing back there with their surveillance radios listening to what was going on inside, I decided not to.

It kinda made me nervous when I left the gun show. There was a black van with government plates that followed me for about 12 miles. I finally lost whoever it was when I turned sharply onto a dirt road.

View attachment 427937

View attachment 427938
Paid $230 for my Tula SKS in 2007 – thought that was too much at the time.

Gun shows are infamous for being overpriced – took the boys when they were younger; just to look and see, no gun buying.

Ammo might be a tad cheaper than buying online because of no shipping fees; and reloading supplies absent the hazmat fee.

I once got a good deal on Colt 1911 magazines.

But the boys are grown so I haven’t been in years.

And you wasted your money on the ‘Biden-era’ 10-round magazine; indeed, a fool and his money are soon parted.

There was a black van with government plates that followed me for about 12 miles.
That's what happens. They have guns, they have every intention of picking up gun-buying suspects, and dumping their bodies gagged and bound in an unknown location.
I finally lost whoever it was when I turned sharply onto a dirt road.
They have guns. Guns but no guts. They can't quite bring themselves to commit that final act.

View attachment 427937

View attachment 427938
Paid $230 for my Tula SKS in 2007 – thought that was too much at the time.

Gun shows are infamous for being overpriced – took the boys when they were younger; just to look and see, no gun buying.

Ammo might be a tad cheaper than buying online because of no shipping fees; and reloading supplies absent the hazmat fee.

I once got a good deal on Colt 1911 magazines.

But the boys are grown so I haven’t been in years.

And you wasted your money on the ‘Biden-era’ 10-round magazine; indeed, a fool and his money are soon parted.

I bought the magazine as a novelty item, because not much else there suited my fancy.

I"ve owned avout 6 SKS rifles at different time over the last 20 year. Most I ever paid was $100. Wish I had them now, I'd be a thousand-aire.

There was a black van with government plates that followed me for about 12 miles.
That's what happens. They have guns, they have every intention of picking up gun-buying suspects, and dumping their bodies gagged and bound in an unknown location.
I finally lost whoever it was when I turned sharply onto a dirt road.
They have guns. Guns but no guts. They can't quite bring themselves to commit that final act.

That would never work with me because I know all the unknown locations.

About a year ago, I took an interest in Super 38's on 1911 frames- I asked the guy where I do business about them he said he could put me on the waiting list- I didn't do it- I did get a box (50) 45 acp for 30 bucks IMS- I'm afraid of having a heart attack from sticker shock so I don't visit there anymore-

The supers can be had. I see them on gunbroker auction, that's always a way to get one. I believe some of the 1911 makers like Rock Island are chambering for it. Finding a Colt super? Yeah may be difficult.

Ammo is even more outrageous now, a year later. I'm seeing 50 9mm at 57$ Crazy

Being a dealer and manufacturer I haven't been to a gun show in 25 years. Those fuckers want to do a weekend and retire, or seems so with their prices.
Oh, yeah, that's the city cops armory, licensed, registered, and insured by the Democrat Party.

The rest of us have to pay, pay, pay for the fingerprints, DNA rape kits, extended anal probe background checks, waiting periods.

I mean, well, there are bears in the woods and cops don't allow humans to carry pistols.

The dems haven't been able to take all the guns so they make it impossible to get ammo. Good thing I got plenty. None of my family laughs anymore about my "hoarding".

Forum List

Back