Guns vs Voter ID laws and right wing hypocrisy .

Tell me if this sounds familiar ?

"Our constitutional rights shall not be infringed "
"These laws only stop the law abiding , not the criminals"
"These laws don't even work"

What am I talking about ? We'll those are typical responses when the issue of gun control comes into play .

But talk about state issued voter ID , and the conservatives do a 180.

"What's the big deal about getting one of these IDS?" (Fuck your constitutional rights)
"We have to stop voter fraud ". ( it doesn't exist )
"We need to protect the vote " ( this stops more legit voters than any illegal vote)

So much for protecting our freedoms .

It's funny to see you come on here thinking you have some "gotcha" point when in fact you have a bone headed, poorly thought out, collection of meaningless drivel. Shot down hard with only the 2nd post.

Dumbass.

lassie-pushed-timmy-down-the-well.jpg

Actually, the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the Second Amendment...

Which Amendment guarantees the right to vote without an ID (and insure that voter fraud is made as easy as possible)???

Well, since it is unconstitutional to infringe on the right to bear arms, by all means, the NRA should start sending out Smith & Wesson catalogs to prison inmates, certified insane, children and convicted felons. How DARE the government infringe on these people's rights!

...or maybe the NRA is already doing that....

What am I talking about ? We'll those are typical responses when the issue of gun control comes into play .

"What's the big deal about getting one of these IDS?" (Fuck your constitutional rights)
"We need to protect the vote " ( this stops more legit voters than any illegal vote)

Go back to school Timmy. A mind, even yours, is a terrible thing to waste.

Correct.

The conservative position on the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment and the right to vote is in fact inconsistent.

Most on the right oppose a given gun control measure because they believe that such a measure is devoid of evidence in support of its being enacted, manifesting as an undue burden to the right of an individual to possess a firearm.

Yet conservatives support voter 'ID' laws, although such measures are likewise unwarranted, are devoid of evidence in support of their being implemented, and manifest as an undue burden to the right to vote.

Correct.

The conservative position on the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment and the right to vote is in fact inconsistent.

Most on the right oppose a given gun control measure because they believe that such a measure is devoid of evidence in support of its being enacted, manifesting as an undue burden to the right of an individual to possess a firearm.

Yet conservatives support voter 'ID' laws, although such measures are likewise unwarranted, are devoid of evidence in support of their being implemented, and manifest as an undue burden to the right to vote.
Gee, you have to show an ID to buy a gun...

Maybe you should call Obozo and tell him to make up a law doing away with that requirement...

Then we'll talk...

Correct.

Getting an I.D. is an undue burden:uhh:

Correct.

It is when they have to find the DMV (unless it's next door to the welfare office or the nearest liquor store)...

Correct.

Maybe you should call Obozo and tell him to make up a law doing away with that requirement...

Then we'll talk...

You have to register to vote.

And let's say someone cheats and illegally votes . The result is not 10 dead bodies .

Correct.

It is when they have to find the DMV (unless it's next door to the welfare office or the nearest liquor store)...

If u don't have a photo ID , how do u get a photo ID ?

Correct.

Then we'll talk...

And let's say someone cheats and illegally votes . The result is not 10 dead bodies .
Really???

Let the wrong person take advantage of the system to get in office, and that can be the body count in Chicago in a single weekend...

Protecting the integrity of the election process is not in any way unconstitutional.
You cover yourself under the blanket of freedom, yet you resist efforts to protect that freedom.

Correct.

Just get the other documents and go to the DMV...

And it's FREE if you tell them you need it to vote!!!

So get one... Liberals LOVE free shit!!!

Correct.

That's a tuff one. How do you function in life?:dunno:

Correct.

This has been covered in so many thread, its beyond ridiculous that you ask this question....
Who doesn't have a photo ID?

What am I talking about ?

We've been attempting to determine that for a couple of days now.

Show us the constitutional right.

Au contraire, there are those from both sides charged every cycle.

How does it stop anyone from voting?

Ever read the constitution past the 2nd amendment ?

It stops people if they don't have one of those special IDs. Once that election is gone , u can't get it back .

Unlike waiting 3 days to buy a gun. U still get your gun.
Non responsive. Non sequitur.
Your self defeatism is remakable

Which Amendment guarantees the right to vote without an ID (and insure that voter fraud is made as easy as possible)???

Well, since it is unconstitutional to infringe on the right to bear arms, by all means, the NRA should start sending out Smith & Wesson catalogs to prison inmates, certified insane, children and convicted felons. How DARE the government infringe on these people's rights!

Oh please shut up

Correct.

These States Have More Registered Voters Than Eligible Adults…What One Group Wants to Do About It
Dick Morris: There's proof that over 1 million people voted twice in 2012
Republican National Lawyers Association | (RNLA)

Correct.

Then we'll talk...

Let's assume someone manages to commit voter 'fraud' by identity.

Such an event is so extremely rare that it will in no way effect the outcome of any election, and because voter 'fraud' is so extremely rare, it is devoid of justification to require a specific type of ID for a citizen to vote, where such a requirement again manifests as an undue burden to the right to vote.

The myth of voter 'fraud' has become an article of religious faith among most conservatives, who incorrectly believe that 'fraud' is why they're losing elections, when in fact republicans lose elections because a majority of the voters reject their candidates, and the failed agenda those candidates represent.

Last, republicans advocate for voter 'ID' laws in bad faith, not out of concern for the 'integrity' of the election process, but in an effort to disadvantage minority voters perceive to be likely democratic voters, where absent their votes, the republican candidate has a 'greater chance of winning.'

Correct.

I'm not inconsistent at all, I think EVERY restriction placed on a gun buyer should apply to EVERY voter. The voter should have to prove eligibility to vote EVERY time they cast a ballot, just like a gun buyer does when they purchase a gun.

Oh please shut up

I don't think so.

Forum List

Back