Happy 4th of July......Dont forget to thank a Liberal

On the anniversary of our country, it is time to remember the greatest liberals of their day........our founding fathers

All men are created equal.....what a liberal concept

Too bad liberals have forgotten the definition of liberty

Think of a time when we actually had a class of people who were born to rule. By blood, they were considered better than you. They had more rights and they had a birthright to power. That was the concept of royalty

Our liberal founding fathers were appalled by the concept of royalty......conservatives of the day defended it

Yes, we know that you love definitions that fit your view of the world.

Most of our founding fathers were interested in NOT leaving the crown and only saw revolution as a last resort. I guess that makes most of them conservative.

As true liberals, they sought negotiation and reason as their first option. When that failed they turned to open rebellion

Upon that rebellion, conservatives of the day chose to side with the crown. Why not? That is where the money was

Moderate, the colonists were, in actions. And Abigail, Martha, Molly; from Glenn Beck, I appreciate this show from him, partly on women in the revolution:

Women could vote in the 1700s. Would anybody believe me?

You will by the end of the show. How about women serving in the military? Did women serve in the military? Yes. Really? How do you know that? Do you know any names or any stories? Molly Pitcher, this woman. This is another example. This is another example of — well, let me show you this.

This woman actually was in the military as well, I think, but she — she was impersonating a man. I don't think she had to do an awful lot, but here is Molly Pitcher. She was commissioned by George Washington. I wouldn't mess with her. I wouldn't mess with her.

You're going to meet not just Martha Washington. Who knows anything about Martha Washington? Martha Washington traveled with George Washington during the war? No? She was actually about 50 percent of the time on the battlefield. Does anybody know what she did? She knitted? Kind of.

She knitted, but she actually — you know, you always hear the story that Valley Forge was awful and they didn't have shoes. When I really read the accounts of Valley Forge, it was way beyond shoes. They didn't have pants. They didn't have shirts. Some of them, I mean, were naked out in the winter.

And Martha Washington would come up and she would make them clothing. That was her service. But you wouldn't think — you would think OK, maybe, you know, a woman was sewing, but not necessarily that and certainly not voting. What happened to our history?

Abigail Adams had a hand in gathering intelligence, not as famous as Mata Hari, because she her part stayed a secret, too good at spying to ever be caught by the Red Coats.

Much of what she had to say made its way into our founding documents. When John and others were considering a declaration of independence, Abigail reminded him to take care of the women, who would not hold themselves bound by laws in which they had no voice.

Later in life, as first lady, she was called "Mrs. President" for her efforts in shaping the country.

http://score.rims.k12.ca.us/score_lessons/women_american_revolution/

Last edited:
Think of a time when we actually had a class of people who were born to rule. By blood, they were considered better than you. They had more rights and they had a birthright to power. That was the concept of royalty

Our liberal founding fathers were appalled by the concept of royalty......conservatives of the day defended it

Most of our founding fathers were interested in NOT leaving the crown and only saw revolution as a last resort. I guess that makes most of them conservative.

As true liberals, they sought negotiation and reason as their first option. When that failed they turned to open rebellion

Upon that rebellion, conservatives of the day chose to side with the crown. Why not? That is where the money was

So when the south revolted....they were liberals ? Thanks for clearing that up.

Let us examine very briefly whether or not those in 1776 that we have to thank are anything like the modern liberal.

First, they were almost to a man religious, even Thomas Jefferson. Not like today's liberal.

Second, they did and believe people had the right to bare arms, unlike the modern liberal.

Thirdly, they believed in the COTUS, very unlike today's liberals.

Forth, welfare would be a foreign concept, VERY unlike today's liberal.

Liberal is a mindset

It looks at where we are today and what can be done to make it better. Liberalism is not frozen in time, it evolves to face the challenges of each succeeding generation

True....the more goodies others have, the more you'll do to go get them via our vaunted welfare system.

Foodstamps = The crime of the century.

I have to agree with you

Liberals have always been concerned with the goodies

Goodies like equal rights, fair pay, a clean environment

Goodies which conservatives have tried to reserve for themselves

Our founding fathers were for equal right ?

How is it that the left never cuts them any slack over the slavery issue ?

As your post exemplifies.....liberals have never been short on selective memory or overall bullshit.

Still exists, and the notion that one party or the other, or the liberal/conservative matrix operates outside of an aristocratic system is self deluding.

Liberal is a mindset

It looks at where we are today and what can be done to make it better. Liberalism is not frozen in time, it evolves to face the challenges of each succeeding generation

True....the more goodies others have, the more you'll do to go get them via our vaunted welfare system.

Foodstamps = The crime of the century.

I have to agree with you

Liberals have always been concerned with the goodies

Goodies like equal rights, fair pay, a clean environment

Goodies which conservatives have tried to reserve for themselves

Sigh, you always need things repeated. The republican party has supported EVERY civil rights act since the reconstruction. Reagan signed MLK's birthday into law. Blacks did better under Reagan and Nixon then they have under Obama.

The first clean water act and the EPA both started by Republicans.

What I can't think of is ONE LIBERAL Program that has help the poor or blacks, not one.

Last edited:
On the anniversary of our country, it is time to remember the greatest liberals of their day........our founding fathers

Back then liberal had a very different meaning than Liberal has today. Compare chocolate ice cream and a lump of poop...you'll get the idea.

Have dem big bad liberals been holding you down again skull. Dad gone it. When ever will they let you up?

Break out of the chains of liberalism skull. You can do it. You da man. You don't need nobody and nothing. Except your wife. She must be the brains of your outfit.

Still exists, and the notion that one party or the other, or the liberal/conservative matrix operates outside of an aristocratic system is self deluding.

And that is very much at the crux of the matter.

Political power is economic power and vice versa.

Despite being "flat broke" since leaving the WH......

Financial disclosures filed by Clinton when she served as New York's junior senator and as secretary of state in the Obama administration show her family earned more than $163 million from 2001 until 2012. The disclosures also detailed the taxes paid by the Clintons and how much they gave to charity during those years.

During Clinton's years in the Senate the disclosures, which were published by OpenSecrets.org, included full tax returns filed by her and her husband. These returns detailed the Clintons' total income, charitable gifts they made, and their total taxes paid from 2001 through 2007. For those seven years, the Clintons earned total income of $108,817,646, the vast majority of which came from Bill Clinton's speaking fees. They paid over $33 million in federal income taxes for an effective tax rate of about 31%. The Clintons also gave more than $10 million to charity from 2001 through 2007, which is about 9% of their total income from this period.

Read more: Bill And Hillary Clinton Earned Over $160 Million - Business Insider

The southern traitors were arch conservatives fighting for States rights and against "all men are created equal"

The southern traitors were arch conservatives fighting for States rights and against "all men are created equal"

Ahhhh......so your definition only fits when you need it to.

Got it.

Back then liberal had a very different meaning than Liberal has today. Compare chocolate ice cream and a lump of poop...you'll get the idea.

I take it from what you wrote that you have already tried that comparison. So I think I'll pass.
But did you melt the ice cream or freeze the poop? In a bowl or a cone?

Oh never mind. You wouldn't tell the truth about it anyway.

But if I saw you with a container of Ben and Jerry's, I would be very skeptical.

All men are created equal.....what a sexist concept

Fixed that for you.

Strong, independent womyn made this country great.

200_s.gif

In remembrance of the best 4th of July fireworks show EVAH...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVhgq1yHdA]San Diego Fireworks 2012, LOUD and up close - YouTube[/ame]

It was probably a liberal who pushed the 'Start' button....

Have dem big bad liberals been holding you down again skull. Dad gone it. When ever will they let you up?

Break out of the chains of liberalism skull. You can do it. You da man. You don't need nobody and nothing. Except your wife. She must be the brains of your outfit.

No one holds me down. Unlike you I don't blame everyone else for my problems.

You can tell things are going south for the libs when they have to resort to tooting there own horns.

What sheep like RW forget is that the founding fathers were revolutionaries.

And we know how the left loathes revolutionaries.

They were liberal in one sense (but not as your uneducated and limited mind sees it).

Post an essay consisting of not less than 250 words on what "liberal" means, how rightwinger is using it, and how rightwinger's usage differs from the liberalism demonstrated by the Founding Manpigs. Cite no less than two sources, no more than one of which can be from the internet.

Go on, we're waiting.

Wait, you honestly believe liberals (as they are today) fully embrace the Founding Fathers view that there be a freedom of religion prohibited from an interference of government as stated under the Constitution's very First Amendment? I could post historical records and statements on where this Amendment originated from, if you care to learn more about how and why it came to be included in our Constitution.

Forum List

Back