🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Happy Passover

65ovkekewtq41.jpg

Passover, Hebrew Pesaḥ or Pesach, in Judaism, holiday commemorating the Hebrews’ liberation from slavery in Egypt and the “passing over” of the forces of destruction, or the sparing of the firstborn of the Israelites, when the Lord “smote the land of Egypt” on the eve of the Exodus. Passover begins with the 15th and ends with the 21st (or, outside of Israel and among Reform Jews, the 22nd) day of the month of Nisan (March or April). On these seven (or eight) days, all leaven, whether in bread or other mixture, is prohibited, and only unleavened bread, called matzo, may be eaten. The matzo symbolizes both the Hebrews’ suffering while in bondage and the haste with which they left Egypt in the course of the Exodus. Passover is also sometimes called the Festival of Unleavened Bread.

What's not to love about celebrating the murder of all those little kids because of a deity's tantrum. Fun for all.
If you are talking about the first born, back then, it possibly never happened, it was jut added as literature to the story.

The Hebrew Scripture is full of literature, based on things that may have happened.

LOL.....Do you have a lot of black friends too. ;)
Two of the best friends I have had in my life were black. One was a college professor. One was a colleague at the high tech firm we worked for. When he was hired I began to mentor him, although I had not been told to. He told our boss I was helping him.

Our boss told me, "It is my job to train the people I hire, but I do not always have the time. You are making my job a lot easier."

Two of the best friends I have had in my life were black. One was a college professor. One was a colleague at the high tech firm we worked for. When he was hired I began to mentor him, although I had not been told to. He told our boss I was helping him.

Our boss told me, "It is my job to train the people I hire, but I do not always have the time. You are making my job a lot easier."
The only one I had got himself run over by a train.

If you are talking about the first born, back then, it possibly never happened, it was jut added as literature to the story.

The Hebrew Scripture is full of literature, based on things that may have happened.

Unless you're particularly fond of frogs, lice, flies, boils, hail, locusts, water turning into blood, and dead firsborn, it's best to err on the side of caution.

We're talking about the Bible here. This is no place for common sense or reason. The Bible says it happened, it happened.

We're talking about the Bible here. This is no place for common sense or reason. The Bible says it happened, it happened.
Sorry, no Hebrew Scripture or the the NT, or the Quran, should be taken as the word of some god.

You wish to believe in every single word any of them says, feel free.

There are studies on the Hebrew Scripture and it is known that it was at first a work of literature.

If all that is in those books is true, than all the Roman, Greek, and all other Pagan writings are also totally true.

And Passover is the celebration of the Hebrews being freed from slavery, we do not celebrate the necessary death of the enemies who wanted us dead.

My opinion is….

A nice guy just extended his wishes to Jews for a Happy Passover, and this is no place to start arguing about what is true or not. We should take it in the spirit offered, and say….

Todah Rabah! :)

My opinion is….

A nice guy just extended his wishes to Jews for a Happy Passover, and this is no place to start arguing about what is true or not. We should take it in the spirit offered, and say….

You are an asset to USMB Lisa! Keep up the excellent work.

My opinion is….

Being afraid of being rained on by frogs and eaten up with boils, this Gentile is gonna say Happy Passover! :beer:

Myths Are Mutated Facts

What happened was that the Hebrews had been defeated and enslaved by Arabs and forced to change their language to a Semitic one. Then a plague they were immune to (prehistoric AIDS?) wiped out their masters.

Forum List

Back