Happy Wife Happy Life and why thats total Bullshit

^^^

This all sounds very curious...

I say be loving, be gracious, be yourself, comb her hair, massage her and give her a special treat once per day. She will love you forever....

....at least that is what I do for my little girl in my signature....
smile_zps6cd7eade.gif

Relationships are easy.

Get in to one that you can afford the maintenance on and be nice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQnVZ_LL4CE]Be Nice from Roadhouse - YouTube[/ame]

^^^

I say be loving, be gracious, be yourself, comb her hair, massage her and give her a special treat once per day. She will love you forever....

smile_zps6cd7eade.gif

Relationships are easy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQnVZ_LL4CE]Be Nice from Roadhouse - YouTube[/ame]

The cheeziest, redneck movie of all time.

And I love it. I've watched it 30 times.

Has there ever been a time when your wife was happy and all was right with the world?

Answer: NO! What most likely happened is you did some shit you didnt want to do to make her happy ASSUMING that her happiness will lead to your happiness. It wont. The most you can hope for is that the nagging will cease long enough to get some peace but that is false peace. Thats peace that you know cannot be maintained unless you consistently do things you dont want to do which is not making you happy in the first place.

A woman can be happy and it will have nothing to do with you at all. As a guy tho, when we are happy we share in it. When we are happy we WANT our woman to be happy because as a provider it makes you feel good to do so. Ya dig.

What a woman will do is try to convince you that if you do a specific set of things...a specific secret type of way...then that will unlock her happiness. If you've seen any cop show you know what happens when you give in to the Hostage taker. He takes the thing he claimed he really wanted and will ask for more things as long as you play the sucker.

Do not fall for this. Men, put your happiness first. She may even have a problem with the thing that makes you happy. Dont waiver from it because when you do something you like you'll come home a different person. We spread the happy around! She'll even mention how "different" you are afterwards or even better she'll ask when you are doing that thing again whenever you feel angst. :smiliehug:

Whatever makes you happy does NOT get in the way of the relationship

I wouldn't want to be married to a man that put my happiness before his own. I would never ask a man to give up that which made him happy. I might win the battle but I would lose the war.

`Sides.....No one has ever loved anyone the way everyone wants to be loved. – Mignon McLaughlin

27% of the reason that young men marry is that they come to know in their hearts that if they don't start living with a woman and stop doing the stupid things young men do when they're single, Medicare becomes a moot issue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zarsqZCXO8Y]American Breed - Bend Me Shape Me - YouTube[/ame]

36% is the simple fact of a guaranteed date for New Year's Eve.
:thup:

Has there ever been a time when your wife was happy and all was right with the world?

Answer: NO! What most likely happened is you did some shit you didnt want to do to make her happy ASSUMING that her happiness will lead to your happiness. It wont. The most you can hope for is that the nagging will cease long enough to get some peace but that is false peace. Thats peace that you know cannot be maintained unless you consistently do things you dont want to do which is not making you happy in the first place.

A woman can be happy and it will have nothing to do with you at all. As a guy tho, when we are happy we share in it. When we are happy we WANT our woman to be happy because as a provider it makes you feel good to do so. Ya dig.

What a woman will do is try to convince you that if you do a specific set of things...a specific secret type of way...then that will unlock her happiness. If you've seen any cop show you know what happens when you give in to the Hostage taker. He takes the thing he claimed he really wanted and will ask for more things as long as you play the sucker.

Do not fall for this. Men, put your happiness first. She may even have a problem with the thing that makes you happy. Dont waiver from it because when you do something you like you'll come home a different person. We spread the happy around! She'll even mention how "different" you are afterwards or even better she'll ask when you are doing that thing again whenever you feel angst. :smiliehug:

That, right there, is the problem.

If she's nagging that means she had to ask more than once and that is annoying and the more she has to ask the more annoyed she'll get. If it takes too many times asking it doesn't matter when you get around to it, it's too late by then because she's already annoyed. Know what women really want? Someone else to see what needs to be done and just do it without being asked. really. What women really want is their own wife! Unfortunately, for those of us attracted to men, this shall never be.

If you don't want to do whatever she is asking then say so. Nothing is more infuriating that when someone says "ok, sure I'll do that" then they don't and need to be reminded or they do it half-assed or they bitch about it. If you don't want to do it, don't. Of course, then you run the risk of her getting ticked because she has to do it herself! lol Seriously, I'd much rather do the thing myself then have to ask and remind someone else who doesn't want to do it in the first place.

Bolded: You hit the nail on the head and thats with both sexes to a degree. Men want women to behave more like men and women want men to be more like women.

The problem is that women have succeeded in convincing guys that they need to be more like a woman. So when someone says something a-typical (like the OP) some men will recoil from it because its not the norm and that is the entire point.

So the first guy says "You must be single". Wrong. Then the next guy says "Ok you're gay!"

Putting themselves first is so foreign to them that they cannot fathom how this could be possible. LOL So their level 1 is to insult or not believe it. Level 2 would be to challenge it but most people dont have a level 2. They are all block...no counter punches. The screams of "Nuhh uhhh" is proof of that.

^^^

smile_zps6cd7eade.gif

Relationships are easy.

Just remember... if it has tits or wheels, it WILL give you trouble. :eusa_doh:

^^^

smile_zps6cd7eade.gif

Relationships are easy.

If only being nice was the way to happy relationships I would agree but there are millions of stories about how nice people are treated. In fact there was one story about a Nice Guy and what place he always come in.

Yeah...

Just never forget THE golden rules:

-- They can fuck with everything but my attitude.

-- The sooner a Monkey learns that he/she has control over one and only one attitude, the better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvSjiq1pLVY]Family Guy Roadhouse - YouTube[/ame]

Your happiness is your responsibility. Everyone else's happiness is their responsibility.

You can't make your spouse happy, so stop trying. Make yourself happy and hope she still likes you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a-qreb8w0I]Family Guy - Roadhouse! - YouTube[/ame]

Happiness comes from within, for men and women, I believe.

When two such people find each other and have inner happiness already, life is great.

If you find the right person, these are not issues.

Your happiness is your responsibility. Everyone else's happiness is their responsibility.

You can't make your spouse happy, so stop trying. Make yourself happy and hope she still likes you.

Thats true but it reminds me of another rhetorical question:

What does a farmer grow? Answer: Nothing. He simply creates the optimal environment to allow the seeds to see their full potential.

So you're right. You cant make someone happy but if you understand the person you can create the environment that allows that person to be happy

These are always issues. Some people get lucky others dont. But understanding behaviors is never a bad thing.

Also, in order to find the "right person" you have to know what you like, dislike, can handle or cannot. These things are learned over time. I mean, if it was super duper simple the divorce rate wouldnt be where it is.

Happiness comes from within, for men and women, I believe.

When two such people find each other and have inner happiness already, life is great.

So everyone is in agreement that the term "happy wife, happy life" is bullshit then?

Answer: NO! What most likely happened is you did some shit you didnt want to do to make her happy ASSUMING that her happiness will lead to your happiness. It wont.

Correct. It's not enough to simply do something to appease her. She wants you to WANT to do it. That's crazy talk.

Taking that little gem away from this thread, I shall now resume my bi-weekly hooker appointments.

If my wife has any objections, I shall direct her to you for an explanation.

These are always issues. Some people get lucky others dont. But understanding behaviors is never a bad thing.

Also, in order to find the "right person" you have to know what you like, dislike, can handle or cannot. These things are learned over time. I mean, if it was super duper simple the divorce rate wouldnt be where it is.
Likes or dislikes, political views or other traits are important, however they mean nothing if there is no chemistry. With the right chemistry, and genuinely caring about the person, other issues are just small detail.

i think you're over thinking.

Forum List

Back