Harris Campaign Declines To Say Whether She Supports The Hurricane Or Not

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Harris Campaign Declines To Say Whether She Supports The Hurricane Or Not
U.S.·Sep 27, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.

1727467442292.png

U.S. — According to media representatives, journalists are being stonewalled by the Kamala Harris campaign as they seek a simple comment on Hurricane Helene. Campaign officials have repeatedly declined to say whether or not Kamala Harris supports the category 4 storm.

"It's not even a question, we're just asking for a comment," noted Jimothy Raincourt, a meteorologist at Orlando Action News. "The longer she holds out on commenting, the more I'm starting to think she loves hurricanes."

Stephanie Ruhle of MSNBC first noticed Harris' resistance to questioning about the hurricane during their softball interview on MSNBC earlier this week.

"No one has ever asked me how I feel about hurricanes before," Kamala Harris said at the time. "I mean, what is a hurricane? You have to think about that, you know? It's a storm. But it's natural. Or is it climate change? I don't like climate change, but I do like nature. And I have to say we all agree in this time that we are in, in this historical moment, that storms happen. I am weathering a storm now. Donald Trump left us the worst economy since the Great Depression..."

The question and subsequent answer were cut from the televised broadcast for being too awkward even by her usual standards.

Hurricane Helene, which the National Hurricane Center officially downgraded to a tropical storm, has caused "historic and catastrophic" flooding throughout the southeast United States and the Appalachians. But Harris has still declined to answer definitively whether or not she supports it.

At publishing time, Kamala Harris officially went on the record to support Hurricane Helene after seeing Donald Trump denigrate the storm.

"No one has ever asked me how I feel about hurricanes before," Kamala Harris said at the time. "I mean, what is a hurricane? You have to think about that, you know? It's a storm. But it's natural. Or is it climate change? I don't like climate change, but I do like nature. And I have to say we all agree in this time that we are in, in this historical moment, that storms happen. I am weathering a storm now. Donald Trump left us the worst economy since the Great Depression..." :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back