Harris to end filibuster to support abortion

The SCOTUS did not rule Congress could not take it up. The only standing against would be to argue it violates States' rights.

So it would have to be framed and passed within a construct that falls within federal regulation power, like commerce.

The only thing Congress is do is pass a Constitutional amendment. SCOTUS has ruled it's a state right

How does a filibuster work today? Years ago a politician had to keep talking. Now they just call out "filibuster" like a freaking kid in a playground? Having the will of the people in states determining the option of abortion isn't good enough for democrats because they don't trust true democracy.

This right here is why I cannot support Kamala Harris. She wants to end the filibuster so the democrats can pass abortion rights with 51 votes. It's only for abortion she says, but any idiot knows that once you abolish the filibuster for a specific reason it ends up being permanent for everything. And once that happens, there will be no more compromise or cooperation in the Senate and bipartisanship goes right down the drain.

The democrats came close to doing just that back in 2021 when they tried to abolish the filibuster but Manchin and Sinema wouldn't go along. One of these days, they're going to get it done and that's when we start down the road to a one-party rule gov't. If you think gridlock is bad, wait until you get one-party rule.
Well, 2 things.

First, the President has no input on this other than their opinion and whatever it carries with the Senate

Secondly, voting on a single issue--especially a procedural one--is silly.

Now, as far as it goes, I support the filibuster continuing to be part of the Senate rules. However, I'd like to see it be a real filibuster. Where ALL BUSINESS stops while a filibuster is going on. No more tabling a bill to conduct other business. If Bill 3 is being filibustered, Bills 4 through 4 million are not even shipped from the government printing office. Then you'd see bi-partisan cooperation and compromise to get a cloture motion and the bill will get a straight up or down vote.

The people of each state should decide and vote for it.
So they can ban it. If they want.

Agreed! Referendums in all 50 States.

Why are Republicans blocking them?

It's almost as if you and their first concern ISN'T really that the people of the States vote for it. Yet it's what you say.

So they can ban it. If they want.

Agreed! Referendums in all 50 States.

Why are Republicans blocking them?

It's almost as if you and their first concern ISN'T really that the people of the States vote for it. Yet it's what you say. I had to add the important part.
You really suck at attempting to voice how one feels.

Your bad acting is bad.

If you believed babies were being killed, you wouldn't just be sitting there getting fat, shouting into the void about it.

You just hope to get attention and annoy somebody.

How many children have you adopted, gaslighting stupid son of a bitch? I walk the walk, you stumble around looking Fckn stupid. Sit the fck down

How many children have you adopted, gaslighting stupid son of a bitch?
That's not relevant to what you do or don't do. You're bad acting is bad. It's just bullshit.

"Baby killers!"

Riiight... baby killers. that's why you sit there and get fat and shout into the void, while people just kill babies all around you.

Sure.

Forum List

Back