Harry Potter Camp Information/Supply List

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
So, if you guys recall last night I posted your acceptance letter and now I'm going to be posting more about how Harry Potter camp is going to run and what you'll need to participate. (Please post pictures of the items on your supply list.)

1. First thing's first is that you'll need to be sorted. So, if you don't already know your house there will be a quiz involved to find it. If you do know your house, be sure to post it in a response. I already know that I'm a Hufflepuff and I'm guessing (keyword as he could fit into any of the four houses) that my friend/father figure JohnDB (if he wants to participate that is) is either a Gryffindor or a Slytherin. I tend to lean more towards Gryffindor though since he's not an asshole. XD (And yes John we can cuss on here hehe. ;) )

2. You will need to have a wand. If you don't already know it there will be a quiz for that too. I did mine last night and I got Hermione Granger's wand which is made of vine and has dragon heartstring as the core. :) (Wizard Duels will be available. :D)

3. If this goes well every year we will have Harry Potter Camp so right now for the first year we all start off as first years so that makes it easy and nobody will be allowed to have their own broomstick or play Qudditch just like in canon. (And nobody is Harry Potter so there will be no exceptions as we will be our own characters.) Broomsticks will be available at the castle for flying lessons though.

4. Everybody will receive a copy of the Marauder's Map to find your way around the castle. :)

5. House points will be given to those who complete classes, homework, and quizzes and will be tallied for each correct answer so make sure that you get them done if you want to win the house cup by the end of the weekend!! :D

6. We will be sleeping on Hogwarts grounds by Hagrid's hut since this is Harry Potter camp and not in the actual castle, but we can still go to our dorm rooms.

7. Now here is your supply list. The flying Ford Anglia will leave here tomorrow at four pm et and you can go ahead and bring all of your supplies right here. Except if you want to join me as a professor. If that's the case please PM me and tell me which class you want to teach. I will be teaching defense against the dark arts. :) (Also there will be more activities that will be explained once we get to Hogwarts including a virtual ride on The Hogwarts Express!!! :D)

PS. Just like the letter says you may bring a pet with you. I will bring my cat Jessie. :)

Hogwarts-Supply-List-Pin-Updated.png

Do these Harry Pottyheads realize this is all just a fantasy world described in a children's book and not real? ... :dunno:

Personally, I could never get interested in any of the movies finding it all too childish and silly.
Folks that are obsessed with these novels, don't know good children's literature. It is pushed by the establishment too hard.

My kid really liked them and thought they were the best, till I introduced him to Michael Ende's work.

Rowling doesn't hold a candle to him.

Most folks that have read both agree.

So, if you guys recall last night I posted your acceptance letter and now I'm going to be posting more about how Harry Potter camp is going to run and what you'll need to participate. (Please post pictures of the items on your supply list.)

1. First thing's first is that you'll need to be sorted. So, if you don't already know your house there will be a quiz involved to find it. If you do know your house, be sure to post it in a response. I already know that I'm a Hufflepuff and I'm guessing (keyword as he could fit into any of the four houses) that my friend/father figure JohnDB (if he wants to participate that is) is either a Gryffindor or a Slytherin. I tend to lean more towards Gryffindor though since he's not an asshole. XD (And yes John we can cuss on here hehe. ;) )

2. You will need to have a wand. If you don't already know it there will be a quiz for that too. I did mine last night and I got Hermione Granger's wand which is made of vine and has dragon heartstring as the core. :) (Wizard Duels will be available. :D)

3. If this goes well every year we will have Harry Potter Camp so right now for the first year we all start off as first years so that makes it easy and nobody will be allowed to have their own broomstick or play Qudditch just like in canon. (And nobody is Harry Potter so there will be no exceptions as we will be our own characters.) Broomsticks will be available at the castle for flying lessons though.

4. Everybody will receive a copy of the Marauder's Map to find your way around the castle. :)

5. House points will be given to those who complete classes, homework, and quizzes and will be tallied for each correct answer so make sure that you get them done if you want to win the house cup by the end of the weekend!! :D

6. We will be sleeping on Hogwarts grounds by Hagrid's hut since this is Harry Potter camp and not in the actual castle, but we can still go to our dorm rooms.

7. Now here is your supply list. The flying Ford Anglia will leave here tomorrow at four pm et and you can go ahead and bring all of your supplies right here. Except if you want to join me as a professor. If that's the case please PM me and tell me which class you want to teach. I will be teaching defense against the dark arts. :) (Also there will be more activities that will be explained once we get to Hogwarts including a virtual ride on The Hogwarts Express!!! :D)

PS. Just like the letter says you may bring a pet with you. I will bring my cat Jessie. :)

View attachment 502428
I have a couple of wands. One is the HP wand and the other is the Elder wand.
I have a couple of Hogwarts letters and also a couple of degrees for 'Master Of Wizardry'. My last one I got this year.
I have one Griffindore robe and the sweaters (vest and long-sleeve) and ties...white shirts...and I'm still looking for slacks and shoes.
I was sorted into Griffindore....but also Slitherin on the Pottermore site.
My Patronus is a Dolphin.

View attachment 502428
I have a couple of Hogwarts letters and also a couple of degrees for 'Master Of Wizardry'. My last one I got this year.
I have one Griffindore robe and the sweaters (vest and long-sleeve) and ties...white shirts...and I'm still looking for slacks and shoes.

So you want to play then? I'm still in need of other professors. :D

View attachment 502428

Yeah....sure.

View attachment 502428
This explains a lot~

View attachment 502428
This explains a lot~
Actually it doesn't. You need to develop a sense of humor......even with people you have political differences with.

View attachment 502428

Yeah....sure.

Okay, what do you want to teach?

Moved to CDZ to prevent trolling

Alright,.. I never thought that a fun Harry Potter game would be a debate but now that you're here,.. wanna be a professor or student? :D

View attachment 502428
This explains a lot~
Actually it doesn't. You need to grow a sense of humor.
Huh?? I'm laughing my ass off right now..I about spilled my cider!

I liked the novels..it was fun to watch Rowling's growth as a writer...she's not a 'great' writer, but told a great story..and she's a marketing genius!

But that grown folk dress up as wizard students and err..wave their wands around--does hit my funnybone.

View attachment 502428

Yeah....sure.

Okay, what do you want to teach?

Moved to CDZ to prevent trolling

Alright,.. I never thought that a fun Harry Potter game would be a debate but now that you're here,.. wanna be a professor or student? :D
Who plans the curriculum?

View attachment 502428
This explains a lot~
Actually it doesn't. You need to grow a sense of humor.
Huh?? I'm laughing my ass off right now..I about spilled my cider!

I liked the novels..it was fun to watch Rowling's growth as a writer...she's not a 'great' writer, but told a great story..and she's a marketing genius!

But that grown folk dress up as wizard students and err..wave their wands around--does hit my funnybone.
You think that's funny....watch a bunch of grown men playing Quidditch...now that's funny.

Forum List

Back