Has Religion been a Force for Good (ding vs Karl Rand)

ding

Confront reality
Oct 25, 2016
Houston
Karl Rand has argued that religion does not teach civility and points to (his words) "last decade’s exposure of those in ministry being rampant pedophiles while the church actively covered their tracks and gave them shelter." An accusation I will address during the debate. Given my experiences with him in other conversations I have had with him, I assume that he believes that religion has not been a force for good and that he believes that mankind would have been better off if religion had never existed. assumptions he can address in the debate.

So the starting point for this debate is... Has Religion been a Force for Good. I will take the position that it has and I assume Karl will take the position that it hasn't.

Karl Rand, do you accept this challenge?

If so, I only ask that you confirm or deny the assumptions I have made.

Karl Rand has argued that religion does not teach civility and points to (his words) "last decade’s exposure of those in ministry being rampant pedophiles while the church actively covered their tracks and gave them shelter." An accusation I will address during the debate. Given my experiences with him in other conversations I have had with him, I assume that he believes that religion has not been a force for good and that he believes that mankind would have been better off if religion had never existed. assumptions he can address in the debate.

So the starting point for this debate is... Has Religion been a Force for Good. I will take the position that it has and I assume Karl will take the position that it hasn't.

Karl Rand, do you accept this challenge?

If so, I only ask that you confirm or deny the assumptions I have made.
Some god some bad. At any ate until you have proof of how we got here religion will exist. You can not legislate thought man will for ever be wanting to know answers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back