Has Science Buried God?

Ringtone

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2019
Has Science Buried God?
by Michael Rawlings (a.k.a., Ringtone)

Has the scientifically unfalsifiable apriority of metaphysical naturalism—the ontologically, empirically and rationally unjustified presupposition that all of cosmological and biological history is necessarily an unbroken chain of natural cause and effect—buried God? In other words, has the notion that metaphysical naturalism is true . . . because metaphysical naturalism is true buried God?

The atheistic cultists of scientism think so.

In the meantime, Dick and Jane played with Spot.

Spot is a creature of logic and reason and facts.

Spot likes to think.

He’s a very bright boy that Spot.

He observed that every time the atheist denies God’s existence, the atheist necessarily concedes that the existence of the cosmos and everything in it, including the imperatives of human consciousness, are the evidence for God’s existence, that the idea of God imposes itself on the human mind—gee wiz!—without the human mind willing that it do so.

Spot concluded that the idea of God objectively exists in and of itself, and, therefore, the substance of that idea can’t be logically ruled out.

Dick asked Spot why the atheist insisted on believing that God didn’t exist.

“Well,” said Spot. “The atheist believes he knows what no human being can possibly know, don’t you see?”

Dick hesitantly nodded, not at all sure what Spot was getting at, as Dick was a product of the public education system.

“I’m not sure I do either,” Jane said. “We’re not required to think at the Frankfurt School of Critical Theory.”

“Yeah. The teachers tell us what to think,” Dick affirmed.

Spot crawled into Jane’s lap and gave her lots of kisses.

She giggled.

“Oh!“ Jane said. "I get it now. The atheist presupposes that he is God teleologically; that is to say, he imagines that he stands above it all, above all time and space, rather, outside of time and space.”

“Just like God!” Dick exclaimed.

“That’s right,” said Spot. “Just like God, who, according to the atheist, doesn’t exist in the first place.”

“So . . . the atheist . . . thinks he’s God?” Jane timidly ventured—a little afraid of the answer.

“I’m afraid so, Sweetheart,” Spot said sadly. “In a very real sense that effects your lives everyday, that’s exactly the way the atheist thinks. In fact, that’s the way all humanists think.”

“Is that why humanists exclusively impose their ideology on us in the state schools and say that the teaching of the theological perspective and an open-ended, methodological naturalism for science in the same are unconstitutional?” Dick wondered.

“Yes, Dick,” Spot sighed. "I’m afraid so. You see, children, the way the principle of the separation of church and state works according to the humanist’s ‘logic’, Christians don’t have any inalienable rights in the state schools. The public education system is the humanist’s church and humanism is it’s religion.“

"Run, Spot, run!” Jane exclaimed.

“See Spot run!” Dick echoed.

"But when the atheist says that God the Creator doesn’t exist, isn’t that the same thing as saying that God’s creation doesn’t exist?” Jane wondered.

"“Why, yes,” Spot ran with it. “Every time the atheist opens his silly yap to deny the existence of God, who, by definition, is the indivisibly transcendent and eternally self-subsistent Creator, he necessarily denies the existence of the creation.”

“The declaration is illogical,” Dick pointed out. “It’s inherently self-negating on the very face of it!”

“That’s right,” said Spot. “Good boy!”

"Dick is so clever. He’s my hero,” Jane said.

"The rational forms and logical categories of human consciousness,” Spot continued, “including the universally absolute and neurologically hardwired organic laws of logic—the law of identity, the law of non-contradiction and the law of the excluded middle—don’t permit a human being to logically deny God’s existence.”

“Not only does the silly atheist deny God’s existence,” Jane averred. “The atheist denies his very own existence in the very same thought, which is absurd.”

“Golly!” Dick said. “I see.”

“I see too,” said Jane. "Look, Spot, we see. Dick and I see.“

"Logically, the atheist declares that God necessarily exists every time he declares that God doesn’t exist,” Spot concluded.

“That’s weird,” Jane said. “Look, Dick, do you see? That’s weird.”

“I do see,” Dick said, then called Spot to him and looked deep into Wisdom’s bright eyes . . . at first, as one looking through a glass, darkly, then, as if the sun had suddenly arisen out of their pebbly depths, Dick’s face lit up with a great epiphany.

Dick sprang to his feet and exclaimed, “That’s an incontrovertible axiom of human consciousness!”

“Yes, I see it,” Jane said. “Humanity is hardwired with the idea that God must be!”

“That’s right!” said Spot.

“It’s as if atheists were lobotomized zombies or something,” Jane opined as she thought about the feminazi who taught her social studies class.

“That’s right,” said Spot. “The ramifications of their very own thought, if you can call it that, fly right over their heads.”

“But I thought atheists were free thinkers,” Dick said with a furrowed brow.

Jane looked confused.

Spot let out a barking stream of laughter that went on and on.

“Laugh, Spot, Laugh!” Jane giggled.

“See Spot laugh,” said Dick.

Spot couldn’t stop laughing. He rolled on his back and just laughed and laughed until his belly ached and tears streamed down his face.

“Oh, my goodness,” said Jane. “Are you okay, Spot?”

“Oh, I’m fine,” said Spot as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

“Whew! Oh, my … just let me catch my breath.”

Dick chuckled.

“You see, children, atheists are slogan spouters.”

“Slogan spouters?” Dick said.

“Yes, slogan spouters,” answered Spot. “Atheists presuppose that all of cosmological and biological history is necessarily an unbroken chain of natural cause and effect, which redundantly begs the question.”

Dick thought about the feminazi who taught his sex education class and encouraged the children to embrace their sexuality, averred that sexual promiscuity and polymorphous perversity were perfectly acceptable behavior in human beings.

Just be sure that you’re safe when you have loveless, recreational sex,” she subversively told them. “Death to the oppressive monogamy of the patriarchy! Death to the sexual virtue of high love and romance! You’re just a glorified animal lucky enough to not have been aborted! It’s all downhill from here on out. Get used to it!​

“Slogan spouters,” Dick thought out loud.

“That’s right,” Spot said. “Slogan Spouters.”

“So humanists insist that God doesn’t exist . . . because God doesn’t exist?”, Jane asked.

“That’s pretty much all there is to it,” Spot answered.

Last edited:
Science has buried aspects of religious belief. The Earth is not 6,000 years old and the Sun does not revolve around the Earth, etc. As an agnostic I believe it's arrogant for a person to assume they know what can't actually be proven, so I raise an eyebrow at both atheists and the religious. I'm content with not having the answers. I enjoy my life and love my family. That's enough context and meaning for me.

Science has buried aspects of religious belief. The Earth is not 6,000 years old and the Sun does not revolve around the Earth, etc. As an agnostic I believe it's arrogant for a person to assume they know what can't actually be proven, so I raise an eyebrow at both atheists and the religious. I'm content with not having the answers. I enjoy my life and love my family. That's enough context and meaning for me.

Geocentrism was merely an assumption predicated on the technologically unaided means of observation, and the underdeveloped mathematics and methodology of antiquity, nothing more, really, and the ramifications of logic, mathemathematics and science incontrovertibly prove God's existence. Only the spiritually blind fail to apprehend, or pretend not to apprehend, the obvious. Atheists and agnostics assume naturalism and disregard what is known . . . as is the wont of their irrationality and thoughtlessness.

It has. God and all of the Supernaturals had to be entombed in that Cemetery at the corner of 91st and Nowhere.

It has. God and all of the Supernaturals had to be entombed in that Cemetery at the corner of 91st and Nowhere.

Let us go then, you and me,
And stroll beneath a cloudy sea
As evening spreads across its face like a toothless grin.
Let us go a-meandering down narrow-minded suburban lanes,
Silky slick with sullen rains
And hemmed in by redundant four-bedroom stalls and grated sewage drains;
Past the immaculate parks and the quaint, steepled churches,
the lofty perches,​
Where the vagabond Riffraff lurches in the pristine shadows:
A restless Crowd that chases dreams of easy grace and meadows,
And sings a melancholy hymn, a petulant brew, that lingers at your nervebone.

To the contrary. Scientists are discovering Him. Just like finding His portal into the 5th dimension...
Scientists Are Pretty Sure They Found a Portal to the Fifth ...
4 days ago — In a new study, scientists say they can explain dark matter by positing a particle that links to a fifth dimension.
Einstein found the 4th one, yet even with that he would sometimes apologize for his math not always working out in his 4 dimension equations. His head would explode with everything we have learned since his demise.

Last edited:

Let us go then, you and me,
And stroll beneath a cloudy sea
As evening spreads across its face like a toothless grin.
Let us go a-meandering down narrow-minded suburban lanes,
Silky slick with sullen rains
And hemmed in by redundant four-bedroom stalls and grated sewage drains;
Past the immaculate parks and the quaint, steepled churches,
the lofty perches,​
Where the vagabond Riffraff lurches in the pristine shadows:
A restless Crowd that chases dreams of easy grace and meadows,
And sings a melancholy hymn, a petulant brew, that lingers at your nervebone.

Dear God
XTC
Dear god, hope you get the letter and
I pray you can make it better down here
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
But all the people that you made in your image
See them starving on their feet
Cause they don't get enough to eat from god
I can't believe in you
Dear god, sorry to disturb you but
I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
And all the people that you made in your image
See them fighting in the street
Cause they can't make opinions meet about god
I can't believe in you
Did you make disease and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!
Dear god don't know if you noticed but
Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
And us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look
Still believing that junk is true
Well I know it ain't, and so do you
I can't believe in
I don't believe
I won't believe in heaven or hell
No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
No pearly gates, no thorny crown
You're always letting us humans down
The wars you bring, the babes you drown
Those lost at sea and never found
And it's the same the whole world round
The hurt I see helps to compound
The Father, son and holy ghost
Is just somebody's unholy hoax
And if you're up there you'll perceive
That my heart's here upon my sleeve
If there's one thing I don't believe in
It's you

To the contrary. Scientists are discovering Him. Just like finding His portal into the 5th dimension...
Scientists Are Pretty Sure They Found a Portal to the Fifth ...
4 days ago — In a new study, scientists say they can explain dark matter by positing a particle that links to a fifth dimension.
Einstein found the 4th one, yet even with that he would sometimes apologize for his math not always working out in his equations. His head would explode with everything we have learned since his demise.

Dear God
XTC
Dear god, hope you get the letter and
I pray you can make it better down here
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
But all the people that you made in your image
See them starving on their feet
Cause they don't get enough to eat from god
I can't believe in you
Dear god, sorry to disturb you but
I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
See them fighting in the street
Cause they can't make opinions meet about god
I can't believe in you
Did you make disease and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!
Dear god don't know if you noticed but
Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
And us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look
Still believing that junk is true
Well I know it ain't, and so do you
I can't believe in
I don't believe
I won't believe in heaven or hell
No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
No pearly gates, no thorny crown
You're always letting us humans down
The wars you bring, the babes you drown
Those lost at sea and never found
And it's the same the whole world round
The hurt I see helps to compound
The Father, son and holy ghost
Is just somebody's unholy hoax
And if you're up there you'll perceive
That my heart's here upon my sleeve
If there's one thing I don't believe in
It's you

A chorus of crickets roll their eyes
And dance beneath the cloudy skies.

Geocentrism was merely an assumption predicated on the technologically unaided means of observation, and the underdeveloped mathematics and methodology of antiquity, nothing more, really, and the ramifications of logic, mathemathematics and science incontrovertibly prove God's existence. Only the spiritually blind fail to apprehend, or pretend not to apprehend, the obvious. Atheists and agnostics assume naturalism and disregard what is known . . . as is the wont of their irrationality and thoughtlessness.
Sorry, not buying it. Assuming the universe was created, we know nothing about that event. Was there one god or two or a trillion? Is there any connection between that creator(s) and the God of the Bible?

Religious people killed God in the same way you can kill plants with too much manure. The bullshit just got too thick.

The Air is still tonight—drenched with slumber.
A withered leaf dodders on spindly legs across Its gnarled spine.

Sorry, not buying it. Assuming the universe was created, we know nothing about that event. Was there one god or two or a trillion? Is there any connection between that creator(s) and the God of the Bible?

And above the tiny rustlings, above the glistening lanes,
Above the languid shadows that creep and close
on the mournful strains—​
The Stars draw back the shroud and peep,
Shake their bearded chins, cast their pearly eyes away and weep.
And below, crookbacked lampposts unfurl their hazy-white plumes and glare
At the four-footed heaps, at the white picket fences,
At the cracks in the sidewalks, at the manicured grasses,
As the musty night seeps through our senses.
And through the parlor windows we may see, you and I,
The flickering glow of that babbling flow on the walls:
The Soma of the enervated masses.
Morpheus has alighted on his throne at the commencement
of another dreary evening. . . .​

Poetry huh?

One cold day ringtone posted a thread
Bleak dreary verse scribbled by skinhead.
I read it and thought
about what he had wrought
and wondered if he was inbred.

Not really criticizing. I can only write dirty or mean limericks and I just wanted to contribute.

Poetry huh?

One cold day ringtone posted a thread
Bleak dreary verse scribbled by skinhead.
I read it and thought
about what he had wrought
and wondered if he was inbred.

Not really criticizing. I can only write dirty or mean limericks and I just wanted to contribute.

That's okay. I'm just trolling your posts as you spam the thread. I can't continuously draw your attention back to the arguments of the thread as certain, less-than-bright moderators can't distinguish the difference between drawing one's attention back to the arguments of the thread and repeating the same atheist/agnostic blathersmack over and over again in response to those arguments. But apparently I can troll posts as long as I don't repeatedly draw atheists/agnostics' attention back to the arguments they repeatedly fail to address as they repeat the very same blathersmack over and over again.

So carry on. . . .

And there will be time for the time of the pitch and the shoeshine.
There will be time to bend our resolutions, to brood with callow men;
Time to follow the errant line of ink to its conclusion—
bleeding from a boosted pen.​
There will be time for hope and time for hope to crash . . .
Time to reach for desperate dreams or drive them toward a sudden stop.

I don't really like poets at all.
Murky verse they love to scrawl
They think they have wit
but I think it's shit
just pretense plus cheap alcohol.

Has Science Buried God?

without a shovel
And I have seen the feverish glint
That lights the eyes of the campus policemen
(The goose bumps on their hairy arms!),
Who train our sensitivities, arrest our moral zeal.
I Have heard the awkward silence of hounded thoughts and speeches;
Have seen the spittle that files off the rhetoric of the mindless Jacobins . . .
The unwashed, slogan-spouting cutouts reared by academic leeches.
And, moreover, I have choked on the gall and the licentious,
toe-jam-funk-smellin’ rot of pretentious celluloid gods.​

And above the tiny rustlings, above the glistening lanes,
Above the languid shadows that creep and close
on the mournful strains—​
The Stars draw back the shroud and peep,
Shake their bearded chins, cast their pearly eyes away and weep.
And below, crookbacked lampposts unfurl their hazy-white plumes and glare
At the four-footed heaps, at the white picket fences,
At the cracks in the sidewalks, at the manicured grasses,
As the musty night seeps through our senses.
And through the parlor windows we may see, you and I,
The flickering glow of that babbling flow on the walls:
The Soma of the enervated masses.
Morpheus has alighted on his throne at the commencement
of another dreary evening. . . .​
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!