Have you noticed the COVID ripple effect in the food chain?

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
I like Melba Toast a lot. I've been wanting some recently and cannot find it anywhere.
After some searching online, come to find out a lot of melba type bread products are not being made, because of the COVID restrictions or COVID effects that has been placed on a lot of food production facilities, as well as the places they get their ingredients from.

I have been waiting for the local stores to restock the carbonated water I usually buy, and it's been over a month now that the shelves have been empty of all carbonated water. Apparently the same thing has happened to the carbonated water companies too.

Which is strange, because I thought these food items were made with simple ingredients found inside the USA!!!

A lot of food items were dropped by stores due to what I am not sure..I am not sure why limiting the consumer choice has been popular

I like Melba Toast a lot. I've been wanting some recently and cannot find it anywhere.
After some searching online, come to find out a lot of melba type bread products are not being made, because of the COVID restrictions or COVID effects that has been placed on a lot of food production facilities, as well as the places they get their ingredients from.

I have been waiting for the local stores to restock the carbonated water I usually buy, and it's been over a month now that the shelves have been empty of all carbonated water. Apparently the same thing has happened to the carbonated water companies too.

Which is strange, because I thought these food items were made with simple ingredients found inside the USA!!!

As restrictions are removed, restaurants and cafeterias will be stocking up which adds demand to the supply chain. More people going back to work adds demand. labor shortages don't do much for supply. It will even out eventually. That said I cannot even recall the last time I saw one of those melba toast loafs in the grocery store in our area. As for carbonated water, I see it regularly.

tumblr_nhvas1ASEf1tjigx7o1_500.gif

Forum List

Back