Heads UP... READ THE LISTINGS -- before starting new threads..

Status
Not open for further replies.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Merged about 30 threads in this one forum JUST from today.. Topics on the shutdown showdown, what is a wall, emergency powers, all those stories. Just because you have a comment -- doesn't mean there should be a brand new thread... Just because a different media source weighs in -- don't need a new thread.

We're cutting lots of slack on the "on topic" rule here. Don't want this place to look like Twitter. Bad enough y'all are talking past each other when you're TOGETHER in one thread on a topic. Don't need to make that worse by having 4 or 6 simultaneous shouting matches on every daily outrage...

Gonna start closing/warning threads on folks who are abusing the thread creation button and NOT checking the listings before they post. Use judgement and courtesy please..

Wonderful, I've always wondered why we had to have dozens of threads on a daily basis about the same basic headline.

Not that I mind ridiculing people for it, but it gets old.

It seems I have read this duplicate thread/merge talk in other threads. Shouldn’t they all be merged into one?

Ya know, if you really think about it.... nearly all threads are in some way all about the same thing and the board would only have 2 threads going...….1.) Trumps a loser & 2.) Trumps a winner.

There's no shortage of out-of-work comedians around here.

so how can you really check to see if there is not another duplicate?
I try to by checking ''new posts'' and go back a day or so

Merged about 30 threads in this one forum JUST from today.. Topics on the shutdown showdown, what is a wall, emergency powers, all those stories. Just because you have a comment -- doesn't mean there should be a brand new thread... Just because a different media source weighs in -- don't need a new thread.

We're cutting lots of slack on the "on topic" rule here. Don't want this place to look like Twitter. Bad enough y'all are talking past each other when you're TOGETHER in one thread on a topic. Don't need to make that worse by having 4 or 6 simultaneous shouting matches on every daily outrage...

Gonna start closing/warning threads on folks who are abusing the thread creation button and NOT checking the listings before they post. Use judgement and courtesy please..
/——/ Excellent idea. I’m going to start another thread on this so everyone will see it. It’s about time

Perhaps the USMB could create an OCD section ,for those who continually post the same topic , or better yet, a sado-masocist section for those seeking to continually answer them......?

Wonderful, I've always wondered why we had to have dozens of threads on a daily basis about the same basic headline.

Some days -- it's just incredible volume of people who have just a comment or fresh link, and don't even CHECK the listings for an existing thread to put it in.. We TRY to honor threads that have a UNIQUE perspective on existing topics, but are often just overwhelmed by the "multiplication of the noise" about some daily conflict issue.

Today's flavor du jour would be "Da Wall".

Merged about 8 or 10 of that flavor for JUST yesterday.. Evidently people don't KNOW what a wall is or what they do.. Confused about TAKING PICTURES of illegal crossings and then playing 3 hours thru the cacti with helicopters, ATVs, horseback in pursuit ---- versus slowing them down or discouraging them or channeling them with an actual barrier..

It's like those rope lines at the airport that gets people in line. They can be hopped, but GENERALLY it keeps the folks in the proper order and everybody gets served...

Some days -- it's just incredible volume of people who have just a comment or fresh link, and don't even CHECK the listings for an existing thread to put it in.. We TRY to honor threads that have a UNIQUE perspective on existing topics, but are often just overwhelmed by the "multiplication of the noise" about some daily conflict issue.

I've resorted to cutting and pasting my previous posts in response, lately it's all...

The wall won't work...

Mexico isn't paying...

AOC is a Genius (or an imbecile depending on who posts)...

It's not worth the effort to come up with new insults.

And it seems to be the same people who need reminding over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back