Hello from another AOL Board Refugee

BZanetti1960

Silvergun1960No2 on AOL
Oct 20, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
Hey, everyone. I am another poster from the allegedly soon to be defunct AOL message boards.

This format, although similar to the AOL boards, will take getting used to.

My philosophy is simple: I'm somewhere in the middle of the road politically and ideologically. I lean conservative on fiscal issues, and liberal on social issues. Issues that don't affect me personally, like abortion or gay rights or gay marriage - are non-issues for me, and therefore, not of any concern.

I also take issue to anyone who politicizes issues that have no business having politics injected into them. I'll take issue with folks on the outer margins of both sides of the political aisle - people whose divisive tactics have done far too much damage to our nation. I'll go after the left just as easily as I go after the right..... but the side whose rhetoric is the most arrogant and divisive - at this moment, the right - gets both barrels.

Anyhow, I look forward to spending time here posting in the days, months and years ahead. I still think AOL is slitting its collective throat by dumping their message boards, but what else can we expect from them nowadays?

Hi, it's me formerly Choco! So happy to see you sign up! I like it here and perused it... Lots of great topics. I hope this will be our new home when our boards over at aol close.

Hey, everyone. I am another poster from the allegedly soon to be defunct AOL message boards.

My philosophy is simple: I'm somewhere in the middle of the road politically and ideologically. I lean conservative on fiscal issues, and liberal on social issues. Issues that don't affect me personally, like abortion or gay rights or gay marriage - are non-issues for me, and therefore, not of any concern.

I also take issue to anyone who politicizes issues that have no business having politics injected into them. I'll take issue with folks on the outer margins of both sides of the political aisle - people whose divisive tactics have done far too much damage to our nation. I'll go after the left just as easily as I go after the right..... but the side whose rhetoric is the most arrogant and divisive - at this moment, the right - gets both barrels.

Anyhow, I look forward to spending time here posting in the days, months and years ahead. I still think AOL is slitting its collective throat by dumping their message boards, but what else can we expect from them nowadays?

I'm a little confused. YOu aren't interested in topics which don't affect you...but you take issue to politicizing issues that have no business having politics injected into them? Such as?

All one has to do is go to an AOL news item that has nothing to do with politics, then look at the thread of posts beneath it. If I'm reading a story about, let's use as an example, the passing of Paul Newman, the last thing I want to read, amongst the posts of condolences, is a couple of posters attacking each other over McCain-Palin vs. Obama-Biden, or complaining about tax cuts or medicare. It happens all the time over there, and it just grows tiring having to read posts by people who have nothing better to do than post frivolities.

If this is an invasion you all had better speak English.

welcome aboard.

If this is an invasion you all had better speak English.

welcome aboard.

Not a problem, friend. We all speak the native language.

It's not so much an invasion as it is people seeking refuge from an AOL system about to be eliminated. At this point in time, we all feel like the folks out west who were driven from their homes by wildfires. AOL's taking a "scorched earth" policy regarding areas they have no use for anymore, and we're just lookin' for a new place to play.

Thanks for the welcome, Shogun.

Welcome to the sandbox... name calling during recess is pretty much standard around here - you'll see when you 'take some issues'.

-Joe

Hi, I'm new here too. My name is Remey. the number 688 is significant as well. It was the bow number of the U.S.S. Remey built in 1943 at the Bath Iron Work, Bath, ME. She was the flagship of DESRON54, and earned 10 WWII Battle Stars in the Pacific.

I'm looking forward to posting with you guys.

by chance...any pagans moving over with yall...inquiring minds wanna know....

welcome and enjoy

No, but we got a small contingent of folks who think Bush is the second coming of Christ, which tells you where they stand on the issues.

Hopefully, most of them will find themselves like Wile E. Coyote in a Road Runner Cartoon, when the boards over there are shut down: Standing in thin air, with a huge, mile-deep canyon below them.....

Maybe they won't be paying too much attention :eusa_shhh:

Hi,

I'm Molly. This site has a lot of great topics. Looking forward to reading more.
Hi Molly, formerly Choco from aol...are you also from aol? If so, which boards did you frequent and what was your sn? ...if you don't me asking!

Welcome, I have been here for one day! :eusa_angel:

Thanks Grismonda,

I'm actually from the soon to be gone msn boards. Formerly molly76591. They are closing down in January. I did frequent aol boards for alzheimers and elderly care information since Mom has that though I never posted.

I am/was, the assistant manager of "Support for Rape & Crime Victims of Illegal Aliens" on msn.

It's strange that since the elections are right around the corner all of these boards are closing down. Think it's a coincidence? I feel like it's the beginning of cenorship.

Thanks Grismonda,

I'm actually from the soon to be gone msn boards. Formerly molly76591. They are closing down in January. I did frequent aol boards for alzheimers and elderly care information since Mom has that though I never posted.

I am/was, the assistant manager of "Support for Rape & Crime Victims of Illegal Aliens" on msn.

It's strange that since the elections are right around the corner all of these boards are closing down. Think it's a coincidence? I feel like it's the beginning of cenorship.

Hi Molly! Well invite those from MSN! We considered MSN and some of us have signed up there..because the format is more familiar. I don't think those boards are closing because of the election. My impression is they are older formats...that are dinosaurs compared to this day's "social net working" sites.... The format on this board gets a little getting used to, but once you have mastered it, and it shouldn't take long, it is fun and offers more than the old MSN - AOL formats. I will miss AOL! DARN! :disbelief:

Forum List

Back