Hello from another AOL Board Refugee

Hey, everyone. I am another poster from the allegedly soon to be defunct AOL message boards.

This format, although similar to the AOL boards, will take getting used to.

My philosophy is simple: I'm somewhere in the middle of the road politically and ideologically. I lean conservative on fiscal issues, and liberal on social issues. Issues that don't affect me personally, like abortion or gay rights or gay marriage - are non-issues for me, and therefore, not of any concern.

I also take issue to anyone who politicizes issues that have no business having politics injected into them. I'll take issue with folks on the outer margins of both sides of the political aisle - people whose divisive tactics have done far too much damage to our nation. I'll go after the left just as easily as I go after the right..... but the side whose rhetoric is the most arrogant and divisive - at this moment, the right - gets both barrels.

Anyhow, I look forward to spending time here posting in the days, months and years ahead. I still think AOL is slitting its collective throat by dumping their message boards, but what else can we expect from them nowadays?
People still use AOL?

I remember AOL being an absolute joke to us internet users back in the 90’s.

Hey, everyone. I am another poster from the allegedly soon to be defunct AOL message boards.

My philosophy is simple: I'm somewhere in the middle of the road politically and ideologically. I lean conservative on fiscal issues, and liberal on social issues. Issues that don't affect me personally, like abortion or gay rights or gay marriage - are non-issues for me, and therefore, not of any concern.

I also take issue to anyone who politicizes issues that have no business having politics injected into them. I'll take issue with folks on the outer margins of both sides of the political aisle - people whose divisive tactics have done far too much damage to our nation. I'll go after the left just as easily as I go after the right..... but the side whose rhetoric is the most arrogant and divisive - at this moment, the right - gets both barrels.

Anyhow, I look forward to spending time here posting in the days, months and years ahead. I still think AOL is slitting its collective throat by dumping their message boards, but what else can we expect from them nowadays?

Welcome!

Don't feed the trolls

If this is an invasion you all had better speak English.

welcome aboard.

Not a problem, friend. We all speak the native language.

It's not so much an invasion as it is people seeking refuge from an AOL system about to be eliminated. At this point in time, we all feel like the folks out west who were driven from their homes by wildfires. AOL's taking a "scorched earth" policy regarding areas they have no use for anymore, and we're just lookin' for a new place to play.

Thanks for the welcome, Shogun.

I actually met my wife in an AOL Chatroom in 1998 :)

If you believe that the right is the most divisive at this time, then you're biased and clearly a leftist activist pretending to be impartial. Phoney.

Forum List

Back