Help a Sailor Save his Family Home

Ashton911

Rookie
Apr 30, 2015
I am writing on behalf of my best friend and brother, GM2(SW) Jonathan Strong. His family is losing their home because while he was on deployment with the Navy, their tenant stopped paying rent and they couldn't afford to make the mortgage payments.

This is a good man in a difficult situation, but the sad thing is that we've been unable to find any service that the government openly provides to help him in his situation. We (the friends and family) have set up a gofundme page as well as a facebook page.

We hoped that you might be willing to look into his story and see if it is newsworthy, that your publication might help to bring awareness to Jonathan's family's situation as well as other service members who have experienced similar difficulties.

The facebook link is:
Help a Sailor Keep His Family Home Facebook

And the gofundme page is:
Help a Sailor save his family home by Gertrude Solstice - GoFundMe

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Ashton Coleman

(friend and family member)

Attachments

• 18881_100335703633871_7282934697604370127_n.jpg
    18881_100335703633871_7282934697604370127_n.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 91
Refinancing the mortgage and bringing criminal charges against the (former) tenant and getting in touch with a freaking lawyer or a real estate company isn't an option? Lots of bad things happen to the brave members of the U.S. Military but a "tenant who didn't pay the rent" doesn't rank high enough on the list to merit a charitable donation.

whitehall Hiring an attorney costs money, which the family doesn't have. The mortgage is 2 years in default and the bank won't negotiate or refinance. The crummy tenant has no assets, so yes criminal charges can be pursued but that again would cost attorney fees and would be a waste of money other than for revenge.

As far as there being other service members with worse problems, I wholeheartedly agree and I regularly give to charities that help veterans. And if you feel that those men are more deserving of your donation then that is entirely understandable. But this is my friend, my brother, and a good man we're talking about. I'm supporting him, just like I support our entire armed forces. I hope you can respect that.

Forum List

Back