Help with chainsaw! Stihl or Husqvarna?

"Whether you choose a Stihl or a Husqvarna chainsaw is fully up to you. However, it can be summed up like this – Husqvarna chainsaws are usually lighter, which makes them a popular choice for homeowners that only need a saw for small tasks. Stihl chainsaws are usually larger and have more power, so they are great for timber cutters and others who frequently need a chainsaw for large jobs."

Stihl vs Husqvarna Chainsaws September 2018

Both brands have their good and bad saws. What are you going to do with it? What size saw are you considering? How much experience do you have with chainsaw?

I have multiple saws from 44cc to 90cc, Stihl, Husqvarna, and Echo.

Both brands have their good and bad saws. What are you going to do with it? What size saw are you considering? How much experience do you have with chainsaw?

I have multiple saws from 44cc to 90cc, Stihl, Husqvarna, and Echo.

I don`t have any experience. Thank`s, I`ll try to find information about Echo.

"Whether you choose a Stihl or a Husqvarna chainsaw is fully up to you. However, it can be summed up like this – Husqvarna chainsaws are usually lighter, which makes them a popular choice for homeowners that only need a saw for small tasks. Stihl chainsaws are usually larger and have more power, so they are great for timber cutters and others who frequently need a chainsaw for large jobs."

Stihl vs Husqvarna Chainsaws September 2018

Thanks for information.

I’ve used both and like the Stihl the best. I like the weight & balance. Plus they hold up.

I dont like stihl chainsaws. I love their other products I have used, though.
I never hear anything bad about husq but that doesnt mean much.
Sorry for the lack of information lol..

Hey.
Help me choose a chainsaw. I read this article STIHL vs Husqvarna - Which is the Best Chainsaw Brand to Buy in 2018?. And I can not decide which saw better Stihl or Husqvarna. Also I ask to help with the model of these firms. Thank you in advance

I have a 16” Stihl and a 20” husqvarna. It depends on how much and what you will be cutting. I am partial to Husq for larger saws, they seem to be a bit more heavy duty, but the 16” Stihl is really great for limbing and falling smaller trees. How big of trees are you cutting, and how much will you be using it? Stihl I think has cheaper and parts more readily available.

I have three Stihl products: A weed wacker, a blower, and a chainsaw.

They've been nothing but trouble from day one.

I'd steer clear of Stihl products if I was you.

I have multiple saws from 44cc to 90cc, Stihl, , and Echo.

I don`t have any experience. Thank`s, I`ll try to find information about Echo.

And what do you tend to do with your saw(s)? process firewood?, drop trees?, general trimming and pruning? what?

First off there is two basic types of chainsaws manufactured. The first type is built for a 50 hour service life and can not be rebuilt, service life refers to actual hours the saw is running. So these are you $99 to $199 box store saws, 50 cc or less. Now with basic maintenance these saw can last a homeowner 10 years if all he is doing is actually running it 1 hour a day, 5 days a year.

The second type is designed and built for a 200 hour service life and can be rebuilt. these are your better saws sold at shops and tractor, landscaping stores mostly $400 and up.

All new saws today are equipped with a lot of emission stuff on them which makes them run leaning and thereby hotter and need to be retuned after you get a few hours on them.

Go to Arboristsite.com and start reading.

I basically run 3 saws; Husqvarna 357, 57 cc 20" bar, a Stihl 441 magnum 70 cc 25" bar, and the one I use the most now a days is an Echo 440, 44 cc, 16" bar.

Stihl's have a unique starting procedure from cold that some people have issues with and the dreaded "flippy caps"

Echo builds some fine saws that will rival anything out there, plus they carry a 5 year consumer warranty, where Stihl, Husqvarna and most other brands only have a 2 year consumer warranty.

There is quite a few other brands out there that are worth considering also.

Have you starting looking and touching saws yet? You don't know anybody that runs a saw regularly?

Most importantly don't skimp of the safety gear. You will stick your saw, and it will kickback at you sooner or later even with a safety chain as you go through the learning curve.

I used both Stihl and Hunskvarna, as carpentry is my extra earnings.
I can say that in ordinary works, if you are not a carpenter and do not drop big trees, then there is no difference.

Stihl positions its saws, like Ordinary, Universal, For felling and Professional

Huskvarna does not distinguish them so much, but simply gives differences in power.

What is a professional saw?
This saw has a reinforced design that allows you to work up to 12 hours, continuously per day

If you compare 2 saws that have the same power and weight, but one of them is professional, then this saw costs 3-4 times more expensive. If you do not need it, then do not buy a professional

It is about Stihl and Hunskvarnu.

- The Germans are Stihl
In Germany, "cutting by cutting" is prohibited, as this is a violation of safety regulations. Therefore, the Germans do not strengthen the saws
- Huskvarna is made by the Swedes. In Sweden, similar sawing is considered a sign of professionalism. Therefore, the Swedish saw is stronger.

I choose Husqvarna.
If you are interested in the power of the saw, I can tell you.

Last edited:
I’ve used both and like the Stihl the best. I like the weight & balance. Plus they hold up.
You are wrong.
The Germans are trying to produce saws, so that the weight / power ratio is as close as possible to 2
The Germans are pedants, so they save on the material.
As I said, the Germans forbid sawing "cutting".
Swedes are allowed, so the Swedish style of felling is the best in the world.

Try to cut the opening in a wooden house with a German and Swedish saw. The Swedes will win.

For normal carpentry, you need a saw with a power of 2.5-3.3 kW and weighing 4.5-6 kg
For the felling of the forest - more of this data.
Everything else is for blonde girls ..

I have had the same Stihl chain saw for about 30 years....

It's reliable as hell...…...

I love it...…….

Forum List

Back