Helpful Striped Bug Chart

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
Next time you see one of these guys, you'll know whether to fear or admire!

1616609651591.png

I got torn up by a carpenter bee one time. It least that is what I thought it was. It's nest was a hole in an old 2 by 4 and I disturbed it. It didn't just act "tough", it stung the shit out of me.

I got torn up by a carpenter bee one time. It least that is what I thought it was. It's nest was a hole in an old 2 by 4 and I disturbed it. It didn't just act "tough", it stung the shit out of me.
Those striped ones in the ground are mean. I got stung by quite a few one time just minding my own business poking at a hole that hadn't been there before...

Dirt Dauber = Mud Dauber
Hoverfly = Sweat Bee

I get mud daubers building nests in my garage, I leave them alone, they eat spiders.

Thankfully not many Murder Hornets live in the U.S.

Dirt Dauber = Mud Dauber
Hoverfly = Sweat Bee

I get mud daubers building nests in my garage, I leave them alone, they eat spiders.

Personally, I prefer spiders. :)

Dirt Dauber = Mud Dauber
Hoverfly = Sweat Bee

They are quite fond of building nests on my front porch up in the corners by the ceiling. I guess it is because my bricks are tan so their nests blend right on in. I try to tolerate them, but when they have too many tubes going at once, I make them start over. Right now they have 4 tubes in one corner and two in the other, so they are good for now.

Forum List

Back