Herman Cain Is Running For President!!!

I don't like blacks, token or not, so I'd prefer not to vote for him.

But I will say, although he favored the racist affirmative action program, if i had to pick between the mulatto president and the black guy, I'd go with the black guy and vote for Cain.

You are an idiot then. :eusa_hand:

You have no basis to call me an idiot, so I don't take offense.

OK Fair enough. WHY the rascist crap in your post?

"Right now" are the key words. You believe Obama won't get reelected? I believe it's inevitable.

I'm not a republican and not what you would call a conservative. The GOP has nothing to offer but insiders. Career politicians. Same corrupt shit as the Dems. Until now, with Herman.

I'm against Palin, and I am not supporting any candidate that's an insider or career politician. It's just that simple.

To get any real change, we have to actually change the players.

You may be right, but I am not as sure it is inevitable..time will tell.
I would vote for Cain because I honestly like him, not to keep Palin out. I don't think she has a chance.
Please don't misunderstand -- I'm supporting Cain on the merits, Palin aside. I am merely pointing out he's probably the only cat out there that can beat her if she runs, so that's a bonus. Not the reason for support.

Gotcha ;)

You are an idiot then. :eusa_hand:

I believe "racist" implies one race to be superior over another. I don't believe blacks are inferior. I simply do not like them. I do not like them (and I mean "them" in the general sense) for many reasons. I can not like a group of people. You can too. It's okay.

I believe "racist" implies one race to be superior over another. I don't believe blacks are inferior. I simply do not like them. I do not like them (and I mean "them" in the general sense) for many reasons. I can not like a group of people. You can too. It's okay.

Why don't you like blacks?

Pertinent question...and WHY did this poster have to make LIGHT of the fact?

Because they (again, in general, there are exceptions) are loud, obnoxious, unruly, and pretty difficult to get along with. I watch BET and think of Barnum and Bailey. I don't like carnies either (for many reasons).

Kat, does it not stand to reason that any individual with the attitude and the rhetoric and the style that's sufficient to maintain the attention and emotion of the audiences of not only Boortz, but Limbaugh would, by default, be too divisive an individual to be a plausible Presidential candidate.

Do you honestly believe such a person would make a good Presidential candidate. ...HONESTLY?

Marc I know it wasn't addressed to me, but I will post it again why I YES to your question. And my mancrush on Cain has nothing to do with the fact Cain is black. Rather it is because we need an economic minded President to get the economy on the right track. We need a guy who knows how to run businesses, big and small. We need a guy that knows business period. We need a number cruncher. Not another community organizer (Obama), failed businessman (Bush) or Career Politician WHO NEVER WORKED ON ANYTHING BUT CAMPAIGNS FOR HIMSELF AND OTHERS (Clinton - Worst President ever)!

Yes, Cain supports some issues I'm at odd with (abortion and fag marriage - he is against both), but his economic and business success is undeniable and that should matter most to ALL OF US!!!

Look at his accomplishments IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR:
(1) Former president and CEO of Godfather's Pizza for 10 years - Ran a HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL Business (Great Pizza I might add)
(2) Former president and CEO of the National Restaurant Association (ran a PRIVATE SECTOR Organization to promote and grow an important PRIVATE INDUSTRY - We want a guy who can promote and grow business, THIS IS UNDENIABLE PROOF THAT HE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT!!!)
(3) Former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (A POLITICIAN WITH ACTUAL BANKING EXPERIENCE)
(3) He's been vice president of Burger King (More experience running a large GLOBAL CHAIN)
(4) Vice president of Pillsbury Company (Ditto),
(5) A mathematician for the U.S. Department of the Navy (A HIGHLY Successful business man that knows numbers! Slight different than a failed community organizer)
(6) A business analyst for Coca-Cola (Analyst for one of the largest wholesalers in the world - NICE). .
(7) Author of a Best Seller - "They Think You're Stupid: Why Democrats Lost Your Vote and What Republicans Must Do to Keep It" –
(8) Now president and CEO of The New Voice and host of "The Herman Cain Show"
(9) An associate Baptist minister at Antioch Baptist Church in Atlanta (This is proof of his him moral standards)

What Cain Supports:
(1) FAIR TAX FAN!!!
(2) Suspend the Small Business Killing Payroll tax!
(3) Alternative to the Fair Tax is cutting taxes
(4) Cutting Spending
(5) Restructure Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security - Don't add new taxes to attempt to fund them.
(6) Maintain Military and Defense spending at, at least 4% of GDP
(7) Maximize US's natural resources - Drill Baby Drill!!!
(8) Promote Alternative Energy - including nuclear
(9) Get off foreign oil
(10) Be Tough on Illegal Immigration!
(11) Repeal Obamacare
(12) Abortion - Against it (I am at odds with him here)
(13) Fag Marriage - Against it (I am also at odds with him here)
First of all, thanks for your quite detailed, no...very detailed and informational post.

Yes, all the above does seem to qualify him. However, there are more things to being a President than just running a good business. I do not believe that a prerequisite to being a President means one should have run a successful business. If conservatives truly believed that and stood by that belief Bush would have never stepped foot in the office, as he ran every business he put his hands on to the ground.

A good President needs to have many qualities, some of which also comes with someone who has good business savvy...but the country is not a business. There's matter of policy, of law, of war, of economics, of human resources, the list goes on. So this meme the Right seems to glorify that only a businessman and only a successful businessman (post Bush of course) needs to be finally put to rest. At least in the sensible debate circle, because its disengenous at best.

Anyway, back to Cain. With all those good qualities you've put forward, the man is still an extremist, and the other parts of running the country he could, and I believe would flop on. What would he do with the electing of Supreme Court Judges...OMG...I shudder to think! There's so many other aspects of Presidency that he's totally UNQUALIFIED for. I do not want an extremist in charge of nuclear missiles. I don't want an unstable person, nor a person I find sounds ignorant representing the country internationally. I want a person who has the smarts and intelligence and the wisdom to make decisions that encompass more than just their rhetoric and view point. There are consequences to every action...that have NOTHING to do with running a business...and I want someone in charge who will listen to the people that knows best. Moreover, I want a person in charge who will GATHER the people around him that knows best....not a person who will GATHER his friends and/or yes-men. And I suspect a partisan individual like him WILL do. Afterall, he currently answers to Boortz and Rush, and so I MUST judge him by the company he keeps. Its only fair.

With all that said. Do you honestly think Cain has a chance in hell to even pass the smell test in the Republican realm? There's reels and reels and reels of tape of him saying incendiary things. Remember Dean's "Yaaaaaaaahh!!!" moment? That silly little thing disqualified him. Imagine all the good juicy things they will pull up on him...Just. From. His. Show.

Face it man. He's toast.

If you're honest...you'll agree.

Then WHY did you make light of the amount of melanin in his DNA?

Can YOU answer that?

Because they (again, in general, there are exceptions) are loud, obnoxious, unruly, and pretty difficult to get along with. I watch BET and think of Barnum and Bailey. I don't like carnies either (for many reasons).

You're skirting the question? WHY point to the amount of melanin in his DNA?

Can YOU answer that?

I think there is more than simply melanin that defines a race, but that's really a distraction.

Let's go with no "melanin" factor as you would like us all make believe in this little childhood fantasy. There exists a certain "black" culture with all its black this and that. I don't like that (regardless of melanin in the skin of the adherents), how's that? Acceptable?

Kat, does it not stand to reason that any individual with the attitude and the rhetoric and the style that's sufficient to maintain the attention and emotion of the audiences of not only Boortz, but Limbaugh would, by default, be too divisive an individual to be a plausible Presidential candidate.

Do you honestly believe such a person would make a good Presidential candidate. ...HONESTLY?

Marc I know it wasn't addressed to me, but I will post it again why I YES to your question. And my mancrush on Cain has nothing to do with the fact Cain is black. Rather it is because we need an economic minded President to get the economy on the right track. We need a guy who knows how to run businesses, big and small. We need a guy that knows business period. We need a number cruncher. Not another community organizer (Obama), failed businessman (Bush) or Career Politician WHO NEVER WORKED ON ANYTHING BUT CAMPAIGNS FOR HIMSELF AND OTHERS (Clinton - Worst President ever)!

Yes, Cain supports some issues I'm at odd with (abortion and fag marriage - he is against both), but his economic and business success is undeniable and that should matter most to ALL OF US!!!

(1) Former president and CEO of Godfather's Pizza for 10 years - Ran a HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL Business (Great Pizza I might add)
(2) Former president and CEO of the National Restaurant Association (ran a PRIVATE SECTOR Organization to promote and grow an important PRIVATE INDUSTRY - We want a guy who can promote and grow business, THIS IS UNDENIABLE PROOF THAT HE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT!!!)
(3) Former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (A POLITICIAN WITH ACTUAL BANKING EXPERIENCE)
(3) He's been vice president of Burger King (More experience running a large GLOBAL CHAIN)
(5) A mathematician for the U.S. Department of the Navy (A HIGHLY Successful business man that knows numbers! Slight different than a failed community organizer)
(6) A business analyst for Coca-Cola (Analyst for one of the largest wholesalers in the world - NICE). .
(7) Author of a Best Seller - "They Think You're Stupid: Why Democrats Lost Your Vote and What Republicans Must Do to Keep It" –
(9) An associate Baptist minister at Antioch Baptist Church in Atlanta (This is proof of his him moral standards)

What Cain Supports:
(1) FAIR TAX FAN!!!
(4) Cutting Spending
(5) Restructure Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security - Don't add new taxes to attempt to fund them.
(9) Get off foreign oil
(11) Repeal Obamacare
First of all, thanks for your quite detailed, no...very detailed and informational post.

Yes, all the above does seem to qualify him. However, there are more things to being a President than just running a good business. I do not believe that a prerequisite to being a President means one should have run a successful business. If conservatives truly believed that and stood by that belief Bush would have never stepped foot in the office, as he ran every business he put his hands on to the ground.

A good President needs to have many qualities, some of which also comes with someone who has good business savvy...but the country is not a business. There's matter of policy, of law, of war, of economics, of human resources, the list goes on. So this meme the Right seems to glorify that only a businessman and only a successful businessman (post Bush of course) needs to be finally put to rest. At least in the sensible debate circle, because its disengenous at best.

Anyway, back to Cain. With all those good qualities you've put forward, the man is still an extremist, and the other parts of running the country he could, and I believe would flop on. What would he do with the electing of Supreme Court Judges...OMG...I shudder to think! There's so many other aspects of Presidency that he's totally UNQUALIFIED for. I do not want an extremist in charge of nuclear missiles. I don't want an unstable person, nor a person I find sounds ignorant representing the country internationally. I want a person who has the smarts and intelligence and the wisdom to make decisions that encompass more than just their rhetoric and view point. There are consequences to every action...that have NOTHING to do with running a business...and I want someone in charge who will listen to the people that knows best. Moreover, I want a person in charge who will GATHER the people around him that knows best....not a person who will GATHER his friends and/or yes-men. And I suspect a partisan individual like him WILL do. Afterall, he currently answers to Boortz and Rush, and so I MUST judge him by the company he keeps. Its only fair.

With all that said. Do you honestly think Cain has a chance in hell to even pass the smell test in the Republican realm? There's reels and reels and reels of tape of him saying incendiary things. Remember Dean's "Yaaaaaaaahh!!!" moment? That silly little thing disqualified him. Imagine all the good juicy things they will pull up on him...Just. From. His. Show.

Face it man. He's toast.

No. Your stipulations are saying if a person agrees with you THEN they are honest.

So now Cain is not only an extremest, but also unstable? Shame on you man. Just shame.

How silly to say he answers to Boortz and Rush. LOL!!

Last edited:

What Cain Supports:
(1) FAIR TAX FAN!!!
(4) Cutting Spending
(9) Get off foreign oil
(11) Repeal Obamacare

Face it man. He's toast.

No. Your stipulations are saying if a person agrees with you THEN they are honest.

So now Cain is not only an extremest, but also unstable? Shame on you man. Just shame.

Heraman is his own MAN...always has been...always will be. He started a business...on his own...

MARC can't stand that fact.

Can YOU answer that?

I think there is more than simply melanin that defines a race, but that's really a distraction.

Let's go with no "melanin" factor as you would like us all make believe in this little childhood fantasy. There exists a certain "black" culture with all its black this and that. I don't like that (regardless of melanin in the skin of the adherents), how's that? Acceptable?

NO it isn't a distraction.

He is a MAN...a HUMAN.

Acceptable?

You can see it that way, or you can see it as me saying that if a person is able to get past their bias and consider all the facts and variables on the table...you'll see that Cain won't stand a chance beyond the relatively few fans within the Republican party. I bet he won't even past the Republicans' smell test. Time will tell though...he's put it out there.

Like I said, I listen to his show. I find him to be unstable as to how he quickly descends to screaming and shouting. As a matter of fact, he often starts his show off with shouting rants. He doesn't even need a caller to get him to the point of screaming and shouting. He does it all by himself. I find that to be an unstable characteristic. Would you feel comfortable around an individual that was always ranting, screaming and shouting? Be honest.

The man hobnobs with the likes of Boortz and Limbaugh, two of THE most incendiary RWers in media. Rush already has a reputation for making big time political leaders holding current office come on his radio show, drop to their knees, kiss his ring-finger and apologies for anything Rush deems "sorry worthy." So yes, I think its fair to say he'll be answering to Boortz and Rush, as he's not even a stranger, but a friend, so Rush will have more influence. The fact that he'll likely be more influence by the likes of Rush makes him too dangerous for me in the first place.

Now I realize you may very well be avid fans of all the above, but you must realize that at least 50 percent of the country does not share that admiration for those chaps as you do. Thats why I say, he's not Presidential material...by default, because a President has to be President for ALL of America...not just one segment. Cain comes as an uber-segmented...aka uber-partisan candidate.

I've laid out my argument logically. I believe its rather sound and realistic.

Can YOU answer that?

He is a MAN...a HUMAN.

Acceptable?

He's still black. Unfortunately we still, even in 2011, have a black this and a black that (and a racist affirmative action program that HE supported), so I can still not like them. And I don't. Like you may hate the French. I hate blacks (but I'd vote for him over the mulatto President).

He is a MAN...a HUMAN.

Acceptable?

He's still black. Unfortunately we still, even in 2011, have a black this and a black that (and a racist affirmative action program that HE supported), so I can still not like them. And I don't. Like you may hate the French. I hate blacks (but I'd vote for him over the mulatto President).

He's still what? And who cares but YOU?

He's HUMAN.

/STORY.

Get over it and yourself.

He is a MAN...a HUMAN.

Acceptable?

He's HUMAN.

/STORY.

Yes, he is HUMAN. A black human. Did I say he was an alien?

He's HUMAN.

/STORY.

Yes, he is HUMAN. A black human. Did I say he was an alien?

You also remain IGNORANT to the point. Dr. King had a word for the likes of you...

I belive it was ignorant...but I already stated it.

Enjoy your lonliness in your realm.

*TIME TO MOVE ON*

Toodles.

You can see it that way, or you can see it as me saying that if a person is able to get past their bias and consider all the facts and variables on the table...you'll see that Cain won't stand a chance beyond the relatively few fans within the Republican party. I bet he won't even past the Republicans' smell test. Time will tell though...he's put it out there.

Like I said, I listen to his show. I find him to be unstable as to how he quickly descends to screaming and shouting. As a matter of fact, he often starts his show off with shouting rants. He doesn't even need a caller to get him to the point of screaming and shouting. He does it all by himself. I find that to be an unstable characteristic. Would you feel comfortable around an individual that was always ranting, screaming and shouting? Be honest.

The man hobnobs with the likes of Boortz and Limbaugh, two of THE most incendiary RWers in media. Rush already has a reputation for making big time political leaders holding current office come on his radio show, drop to their knees, kiss his ring-finger and apologies for anything Rush deems "sorry worthy." So yes, I think its fair to say he'll be answering to Boortz and Rush, as he's not even a stranger, but a friend, so Rush will have more influence. The fact that he'll likely be more influence by the likes of Rush makes him too dangerous for me in the first place.

Now I realize you may very well be avid fans of all the above, but you must realize that at least 50 percent of the country does not share that admiration for those chaps as you do. Thats why I say, he's not Presidential material...by default, because a President has to be President for ALL of America...not just one segment. Cain comes as an uber-segmented...aka uber-partisan candidate.

I've laid out my argument logically. I believe its rather sound and realistic.

I have no doubt you do. And you have done it well, but I do not agree with you....and I have yet to hear him rant and scream as you put it. Maybe you are listening to Michael Savage?? LOL I do NOT believe he is a Rush or Boortz puppet, as you are trying to say he is. I see what you are doing.
Marc, Cain may not have a chance, but as of this moment, he is the only one I would consider voting for in the Primary election.
I will not vote for Palin. I will not vote for Huckabee. Would consider Romney..but then again not excited over him. Newt? Bleh. I dunno.

Thing is, if any of your other posts here are any indication, you will definitely be voting for Obama. You are a big time Obama man, correct? So that sort of makes your assessment moot for me.

And btw...the criteria you have put out for a POTUS?? Obama doesn't pass most of that either. So what to do, what to to.

Forum List

Back