Heros of the lockdown: truckers

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Truckers? I've heard them called "the silent heroes of the lockdown" driving long thankless hours delivering goods to distributers. I rather doubt we ever needed this lockdown. But I recognize the hard work of health workers behind the scenes. But instead, I nearly get killed by tailgating drug fueled truckers, they seem immune to road laws and common sense. I confront one trucker that ended up being a Pakistani that didn't understand English or basic traffic rules. Tailgating or parking illegally or basic traffic rules like... red lights or speeding or tailgating! No problem! They are the "heroes" of an unneeded unnecessary lockdown! Yeay!

Last edited:
Truckers? I've heard them called "the silent heroes of the lockdown" driving long thankless hours delivering goods to distributers. I rather doubt we ever needed this lockdown. But I recognize the hard work of health workers behind the scenes. But instead, I nearly get killed by tailgating drug fueled truckers, they seem immune to road laws and common sense. I confront one trucker that ended up being a Pakistani that didn't understand English or basic traffic rules. Tailgating or parking illegally or basic traffic rules like... red lights or speeding or tailgating! No problem! They are the "heroes" of an unneeded unnecessary lockdown! Yeay!
To put it simply, the vast majority of transportation engineers :) are drug-free and probably the most cautious drivers on the road.

They are randomly tested for drugs and immediately drug tested by company mandate if in an accident. They get physicals regularly. Days of cheating the log book, like I have been known to, are mostly over as many drive for companies that have the trucks wired and satellite tracked. There are some bad ones out there, but by far in the minority and yes the foreign ones lead that group. There are different standards for the south of the border NAFTA drivers they started letting in with lower standards for driver and equipment.

• Banned
I remember professional truck drivers. And ICX, PIE and DC. Great old guys that understood the rules and respected the rules and fellow motorists. Now? Independents are mostly disrespectful inept morons on meth and a tight schedule.

I remember professional truck drivers. And ICX, PIE and DC. Great old guys that understood the rules and respected the rules and fellow motorists. Now? Independents are mostly disrespectful inept morons on meth and a tight schedule.
Back when the mob ran shit ?
Like whitey said, these guys are randomly-pissed tested all the time, for insurance reasons. They don't want to risk being fired, sued or imprisoned and as for indies;

• Banned
Like whitey said, these guys are randomly-pissed tested all the time, for insurance reasons. They don't want to risk being fired, sued or imprisoned and as for indies;
If the mob ran back in then, it's incidental to the topic. Truck drivers where more professional and far more professional and courteous . So you think being unprofessional and reckless is OK now?

If the mob ran back in then, it's incidental to the topic. Truck drivers where more professional and far more professional and courteous . So you think being unprofessional and reckless is OK now?
Sorry. I didn't know you were 105.
1622082481748.png

Lot of the foreign drivers can't back and don't understand they need to make turns different. Drive thru any business park you'll likely see concrete bollards flattened or significantly displaced.

• Banned
View attachment 494080
Humorous. The mob is dead as a doornail. I see the huge tsunami of independent truckers and many of them seem to think they are above the law. Local state or otherwise.

View attachment 494080
Humorous. The mob is dead as a doornail. I see the huge tsunami of independent truckers and many of them seem to think they are above the law. Local state or otherwise.
The mob is "bigger than US Steel" since going legit. Insurance, real estate, construction--you name it.

View attachment 494080
The mob is "bigger than US Steel" since going legit. Insurance, real estate, construction--you name it.
Actually the mob NOW is China and George Soros corrupting our ENTIRE political system and some morons think that's normal. But I digress.

View attachment 494080
Actually the mob NOW is China and George Soros corrupting our ENTIRE political system and some morons think that's normal. But I digress.
With Puppets like Obama and Biden in power to have the full
power of the US intelligence agencies ( 5 eyes worldwide)--you and I saw what they did to the POTUS --if they did it to Trump, they can target anyone and they do it all the time. Inadmissible warrants but they use 'parallel construction' tactics to get around all that.

Forum List

Back