Hezbollah Threatens Maronite Cleric Over Israel Visit

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Well I guess the Christians can expect repercussions. After all, how many times have we read that Muslims have murdered innocent people on their pilgrimages plus blow up their shrines, even when it comes to Muslims of different sects. I really wouldn't be surprised if Hezbollah tried to murder the Pope.

Terror organization warns Lebanese Catholic leader of 'negative repercussions' over pilgrimage to see Pope Francis in Israel.

Services15By AFP and Arutz Sheva Staff
First Publish: 5/16/2014, 2:32 PM

Hezbollah, Lebanon's most powerful terrorist organization, stated Friday it had warned the Maronite patriarch of the "negative repercussions" of hisplan to accompany Pope Francis to Jerusalem this month.

"We presented our perspective and point of view and laid out what we see as the negative repercussions of this visit," Ibrahim Amin al-Sayed, head of the terror group's "political council," said after meeting Patriarch Beshara Rai.

Sayed said Hezbollah hoped "that this perspective is taken into account".

Read more at:

Israel News | Israel's #1 News Site - Arutz Sheva

Well I guess the Christians can expect repercussions. After all, how many times have we read that Muslims have murdered innocent people on their pilgrimages plus blow up their shrines, even when it comes to Muslims of different sects. I really wouldn't be surprised if Hezbollah tried to murder the Pope.

Terror organization warns Lebanese Catholic leader of 'negative repercussions' over pilgrimage to see Pope Francis in Israel.

Services15By AFP and Arutz Sheva Staff
First Publish: 5/16/2014, 2:32 PM

Hezbollah, Lebanon's most powerful terrorist organization, stated Friday it had warned the Maronite patriarch of the "negative repercussions" of hisplan to accompany Pope Francis to Jerusalem this month.

"We presented our perspective and point of view and laid out what we see as the negative repercussions of this visit," Ibrahim Amin al-Sayed, head of the terror group's "political council," said after meeting Patriarch Beshara Rai.

Sayed said Hezbollah hoped "that this perspective is taken into account".

Read more at:

Israel News | Israel's #1 News Site - Arutz Sheva

It is a religious pilgrimage not a political visit with heads of state. People should be allowed to visit the "holy land" and to see the head of their faith.
Hezbullah can stuff it where the sun don't shine. I hope he got permission for the visit so he can reenter Lebanon afterwards.

Hezbullah should have no say what Lebanese of other faiths choose to do or what they go to feel the presence of what ever spirit they might experience.
Muslims can go to Mecca and Medina so why shouldn't christians visit Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Rome or where ever?
There is a point where politics should not invade religion by imprisoning people, within the borders of their country, who want to go on a pilgrimage.
Israel should only keep out those who have participated or have some connection to violence and terrorism. If Israel is in agreement for the Maronite visit then others should let it be.

Forum List

Back