Hi Everyone,Looking forward to a lively and honest discussions.We’ll talk soon .Trying to figure this site out.

:welcome:

remember the Alamo...

1614205230837.png

But I agree there are stupid laws and stupid regulations. However human beings are stronger together than apart. This is at least part of the problem as I see it for Texas. Deregulation has unleashed huge profiteering on the Texan people.No such thing happened to Sandy victims to my knowledge.
Let me help you out. "HI! What's your name? What brought you here?"

It’s telling me to enter a valid message. I thought I was just introducing myself.
Ok Here’s my message.
I think Texans have learned the hard way that deregulation is not the utopia they thought is was.
Aside from their suffering and deaths due to the malfeasance of the operators right up to the Governor we see profiteering at a alarming rate.
Welcome to USMB, racq23. Hope you enjoy these boards.

It’s telling me to enter a valid message. I thought I was just introducing myself.
Ok Here’s my message.
I think Texans have learned the hard way that deregulation is not the utopia they thought is was.
Aside from their suffering and deaths due to the malfeasance of the operators right up to the Governor we see profiteering at a alarming rate.
States always spend billions on a 1 in 100 year freak storm.
How did you feel about hyper-regulated New York being flooded by Sandy?
Oh okay I’m getting the lay of the land.
You do know I’m sure that a very similar event happened in 2011 in Texas with predictably the same results for the people. Again ERCOT and Public Utility Commission had not winterize. Perhaps then the good folks of Texas should give those in charge a pass but following the 2011 episode both agencies were told by FERC as a recommendation since Texas is deregulated : to winterize and expand capacity.
Sandy on the other hand was a confluence of an extreme high tide couple with high storm surge.
No amount of preparedness can thwart that.

But I agree there are stupid laws and stupid regulations. However human beings are stronger together than apart. This is at least part of the problem as I see it for Texas. Deregulation has unleashed huge profiteering on the Texan people.No such thing happened to Sandy victims to my knowledge.

The last bad winter weather in Texas was in 89.
And it wasn't this bad.
1835 was bad as this, but nobody lost their power nor bathroom facilities, which were all outdoors. <giggle>

Ok Here’s my message.
Is this caddokid?

welcome - glad you found our little slice of the interwebs. soooooo -

you're from texas?

i'm so sorry.

Ok Here’s my message.
(As per the thread title)

You ask too much.

Enter at thine own risk!

Ok Here’s my message.
States always spend billions on a 1 in 100 year freak storm.
How did you feel about hyper-regulated New York being flooded by Sandy?
Oh okay I’m getting the lay of the land.
You do know I’m sure that a very similar event happened in 2011 in Texas with predictably the same results for the people. Again ERCOT and Public Utility Commission had not winterize. Perhaps then the good folks of Texas should give those in charge a pass but following the 2011 episode both agencies were told by FERC as a recommendation since Texas is deregulated : to winterize and expand capacity.
Sandy on the other hand was a confluence of an extreme high tide couple with high storm surge.
No amount of preparedness can thwart that.

The last bad winter weather in Texas was in 89.
And it wasn't this bad.
1835 was bad as this, but nobody lost their power nor bathroom facilities, which were all outdoors. <giggle>
And everyone used the one that it was intended for. Standing versus Sitting. No counting to100 to figger it out before you go in

Ok Here’s my message.
So you know what Texas thinks? lol

Ok Here’s my message.
I've got your back rac, as a Texan that is. Welcome to the club!

Ok Here’s my message.
I've got your back rac, as a Texan that is. Welcome to the club!
Hey thanks man
I’m still not able to enterURLs . At this point it doesn’t bother me. I just join in on the conversation or just write something current and others join me. That works for me. Hope I’m not breaking any rules.

Hey thanks man
I’m still not able to enterURLs . At this point it doesn’t bother me. I just join in on the conversation or just write something current and others join me. That works for me. Hope I’m not breaking any rules.
Rules are made for what purpose? To be broken? Good answer! You'll fit right in!

Ok Here’s my message.
So you know what Texas thinks? lol
Well I didn’t say I understand how Texas’s think. I said that I believe Texan’s have learned that deregulation isn’t the utopia they thought it was. I may have been presumptive that Texan’s even considered deregulation a utopia in the first place. Maybe Texan’s see deregulation as a huge profit making scheme that it actually is. Hope I haven’t offended you if I have please accept my apologizes.

Forum List

Back