High Divorce Rate in the United States

You never quit. Screws are loose.

I'm not going to allow a false allegation or narrative.

Live a life that I have, then judge. Many would have cracked. They would have done so many years ago.

You are an American, you don't appreciate the experience of other nations. It's why you're the envy of the world. Some of us just shake our heads at how good you have it and the lack of understanding to this point.

The divorce rate in the USA is much higher than the divorce rate worldwide. I wonder why a country with such a strong economy like ours should have so many divorces.

Maybe some women who want to vote for the first colored vagina, have pushed away the ones they married because the men with balls, have decided that the vagina will not make the men with balls any better off.

I'm not going to allow a false allegation or narrative.

Live a life that I have, then judge. Many would have cracked. They would have done so many years ago.

You are an American, you don't appreciate the experience of other nations. It's why you're the envy of the world. Some of us just shake our heads at how good you have it and the lack of understanding to this point.
Still whining

Did she cheat on you?
No... we were childhood friends... her parents and mine were good friends.... we grew up on the same street... we... or she got pregnant and we got married and I enlisted to try and provide for her and newborn twins while she went to nursing school...
Times were hard... so she wanted better... and I understood...

The divorce rate in the USA is much higher than the divorce rate worldwide. I wonder why a country with such a strong economy like ours should have so many divorces.

The original basis for marriage was the legitimacy of inheritance by children who were borne by the wife. This contributed to the stability of families and societies. The idea of romantic love as a basis for marriage is a relatively modern notion. In today's narcissistic society, marriage and children are often viewed as enhancements of one's social standing. When these fail fail to produce the desired results, replacements are sought. 80% of divorce petitions are filed by women. Given the likelihood of being condemned to decades of punitive servitude if dissolved, men should be terrified at the thought of marriage today.

The original basis for marriage was the legitimacy of inheritance by children who were borne by the wife. This contributed to the stability of families and societies. The idea of romantic love as a basis for marriage is a relatively modern notion. In today's narcissistic society, marriage and children are often viewed as enhancements of one's social standing. When these fail fail to produce the desired results, replacements are sought. 80% of divorce petitions are filed by women. Given the likelihood of being condemned to decades of punitive servitude if dissolved, men should be terrified at the thought of marriage today.
Marriage should be about a.shared belief in G-d.and the vows to.one another. This is why I am not a big fan of the automatic common-law after.living together.two years which we have in Ontario, hough I understand it.

I've been married for 51 years, never a significant problem. My son (only child) was married for 8 years, had three kids, then divorced. He states that essentially all of his HS friends are divorced.

This may be from out of Left Field, but I wonder if reliable Birth Control plays a part in the deterioration of the nuclear family. After the BC pill became ubiquitous, our entire society went to shit.

Forum List

Back