Hijacking, riots and explosions: Iran’s regime tested amid tensions

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Last Thursday, someone attempted to hijack a plane that was departing Ahvaz, a southwestern city with a large Arab minority, en route to Mashhad. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps stopped the hijacking. They have armed men on many flights in Iran to stop scenarios like this, according to reports.

But the unusual nature of the mysterious hijacking shows that people are willing to use dire means and violence to get their way. Because Iran is an opaque country, it is not clear whether politics, terrorism or something else led to the hijacking.

On the other side of Iran from Ahvaz, in Sistan and Baluchistan Province near Pakistan, there are continuing tensions and clashes. These began after the IRGC opened fire on alleged fuel smugglers, killing at least 10. The unrest in the area has continued for weeks.

After fomenting instability in other areas it's finally surfacing there. I wonder if we will ever find out the whole truth about that hijacking.

Last Thursday, someone attempted to hijack a plane that was departing Ahvaz, a southwestern city with a large Arab minority, en route to Mashhad. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps stopped the hijacking. They have armed men on many flights in Iran to stop scenarios like this, according to reports.

But the unusual nature of the mysterious hijacking shows that people are willing to use dire means and violence to get their way. Because Iran is an opaque country, it is not clear whether politics, terrorism or something else led to the hijacking.

On the other side of Iran from Ahvaz, in Sistan and Baluchistan Province near Pakistan, there are continuing tensions and clashes. These began after the IRGC opened fire on alleged fuel smugglers, killing at least 10. The unrest in the area has continued for weeks.

After fomenting instability in other areas it's finally surfacing there. I wonder if we will ever find out the whole truth about that hijacking.

Balouchistan is a treasure trove of natural resources and now there is port Dabhol.. I didn't realize Iran controlled them.

I believe half of Iranians populace is under 30. These kids now live in a world of terror and BS. They don't want 9th century living.

I believe half of Iranians populace is under 30. These kids now live in a world of terror and BS. They don't want 9th century living.
I can't imagine that they would. They could have a lot more.

Forum List

Back