Hobby Lobby Invested in Abortion and Contraception Products

Yes they do as a Corporation.
That is exactly what I am saying.
It's a Corp. decision not the individual owner.
The owner has a problem with paying for it.
He does not have a problem with the drug's existence.

The Hobby Lobby owner feels abortifacients are morally wrong, and therefore he should not be forced to buy insurance coverage for it.

But if he willingly profits off abortifacients, then he is clearly a hypocrite.

It would be like someone who wants to ban all guns investing in Colt.

We have evidence Hobby Lobby's 401k plan invests in companies which make abortifacients. What we do not know is if the Hobby Lobby owner knows this.

Or when the 401k(s) invested, as opposed to when Hobby Lobby began offering the 401k(s), or what penalty Honny Lobby would pay for continual change of plans.

Let's for the sake of argument say that Hobby Lobby is guilty of hypocrisy. So what?

How exactly does that give the Federal Government the right to force people to act against their religious beliefs?

I find it completely amazing that you seem to think that because someone may or may not be a hypocrite, that somehow empowers you to take aware their freedom.

I find it completely amazing that you condone hypocrisy when it's convenient for you.

Hypocrisy is completely irrelevant to your desire to oppress people.

the Supreme Court upheld the ACA.

No, they didn't. They didn't even rule or examine, most of it.

And the part they did rule on, they announced was flatly unconstitutional.

And then they said that if it had been a tax instead of a penalty, it would have been barely constitutional, though still nothing the Founders would ever have supported.

And then they rewrote it from the bench, changing "penalty" into "tax", as though they had any power to to do that.

And then, instead of submitting the modified version to Cnngress to vote on the changes to the law, they simply announced the new version was Law.

In other words, they haven't ruled on what Congress actually passed and the President signed, except to say that it was UNconstitutional.

And ever since then, they have been chopping away at it, finding more and more that's also unconstitutional.

We won. Get over it.

OMG you're more retarded that Kormac, as high as that bar is.

TRANSLATION: "I can't refute anything in the post, but I hate it anyway. So I'll attack the messenger instead, call him names, and smear him, and hope somebody believes me instead of him."

Does Obamas house in Illinois have solar panels?
Does Obama have any investments in any company that caters to the oil industry; be it a driller, refiner, shipper or distributor?
Do those at PETA own NOTHING that is made from leather?

Jeez.....you get a ruling you don't like...so lets dig up shit on them.

And then they said that if it had been a tax instead of a penalty, it would have been barely constitutional, though still nothing the Founders would ever have supported.

And then they rewrote it from the bench, changing "penalty" into "tax", as though they had any power to to do that.

And then, instead of submitting the modified version to Cnngress to vote on the changes to the law, they simply announced the new version was Law.

In other words, they haven't ruled on what Congress actually passed and the President signed, except to say that it was UNconstitutional.

And ever since then, they have been chopping away at it, finding more and more that's also unconstitutional.

We won. Get over it.

TRANSLATION: "I can't refute anything in the post, but I hate it anyway. So I'll attack the messenger instead, call him names, and smear him, and hope somebody believes me instead of him."

it is his MO...

That and "ask a different question" when he is asked a question he doesn't want to answer

We won. Get over it.

Typical MO for NYC

Didn't take long to discover this bit of typical rightwing hypocrisy, as reported by Forbes:

Hobby Lobby Invested In Numerous Abortion And Contraception Products While Claiming Religious Objection

Hobby Lobby Invested In Numerous Abortion And Contraception Products While Claiming Religious Objection - Forbes

Savings Incentive and Profit Sharing Plan for Employees of the Hobby Lobby Group

According to the Green family, interfering with an already fertilized egg is tantamount to abortion—an act unacceptable to the family and one they refuse to participate in no matter what the Affordable Care Act may require .

However, it turns out that the owners of Hobby Lobby do not appear to have any problem with profiting from the companies that manufacture the very products that so grievously offend their religious principles.

The following is a summation of the companies manufacturing these products that are held by the Hobby Lobby employee retirement plan, as set forth by Ms. Redden’s remarkable reporting:

These companies include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, which makes Plan B and ParaGard, a copper IUD, and Actavis ACT +0.26%, which makes a generic version of Plan B and distributes Ella. Other holdings in the mutual funds selected by Hobby Lobby include Pfizer PFE +0.25%, the maker of Cytotec and Prostin E2, which are used to induce abortions; Bayer , which manufactures the hormonal IUDs Skyla and Mirena; AstraZeneca AZN +0.54%, which has an Indian subsidiary that manufactures Prostodin, Cerviprime, and Partocin, three drugs commonly used in abortions; and Forest Laboratories, which makes Cervidil, a drug used to induce abortions. Several funds in the Hobby Lobby retirement plan also invested in Aetna AET -0.49% and Humana, two health insurance companies that cover surgical abortions, abortion drugs, and emergency contraception in many of the health care policies they sell.

Blatant double-standard :( BLATANT!!! :mad: Why must so many "supposed" SOCONS be able to have it both ways? :dunno:

Last edited:
Didn't take long to discover this bit of typical rightwing hypocrisy, as reported by Forbes:

Hobby Lobby Invested In Numerous Abortion And Contraception Products While Claiming Religious Objection

Hobby Lobby Invested In Numerous Abortion And Contraception Products While Claiming Religious Objection - Forbes

Savings Incentive and Profit Sharing Plan for Employees of the Hobby Lobby Group

According to the Green family, interfering with an already fertilized egg is tantamount to abortion—an act unacceptable to the family and one they refuse to participate in no matter what the Affordable Care Act may require .

However, it turns out that the owners of Hobby Lobby do not appear to have any problem with profiting from the companies that manufacture the very products that so grievously offend their religious principles.

The following is a summation of the companies manufacturing these products that are held by the Hobby Lobby employee retirement plan, as set forth by Ms. Redden’s remarkable reporting:

These companies include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, which makes Plan B and ParaGard, a copper IUD, and Actavis ACT +0.26%, which makes a generic version of Plan B and distributes Ella. Other holdings in the mutual funds selected by Hobby Lobby include Pfizer PFE +0.25%, the maker of Cytotec and Prostin E2, which are used to induce abortions; Bayer , which manufactures the hormonal IUDs Skyla and Mirena; AstraZeneca AZN +0.54%, which has an Indian subsidiary that manufactures Prostodin, Cerviprime, and Partocin, three drugs commonly used in abortions; and Forest Laboratories, which makes Cervidil, a drug used to induce abortions. Several funds in the Hobby Lobby retirement plan also invested in Aetna AET -0.49% and Humana, two health insurance companies that cover surgical abortions, abortion drugs, and emergency contraception in many of the health care policies they sell.

Blatant double-standard :( BLATANT!!! :mad:

The irony of those comments from the racist far left Obama drone.

And again you failed to scratch beneath the story based on YOUR prejudice. MJ's story has been corroborated by every major news agency if you cared to Google it, along with Hobby Lobby's Dept of Labor filings and the IRS links I posted.

Lazy, lazy, lazy. Wingers are so fucking lazy.

I am left wing & right wing at the same time it appears:lol: I must be a moderate.

It is not uncommon for the far left to lash out at their own.

As I am not far left, I cannot agree, nor disagree, I do know many invest in 401ks, and the investment companies' portfolios change over time.:D

The Supremes ruled that Hobby Lobby can't be forced by government to pay for insurance policies that provide the contraceptives they object to on religious grounds.

We won. Get over it.
Small victory, but I suppose you have to celebrate what you can. Meanwhile, ObamaCare remains the law of the land.

We won. Get over it.

When was the ACA struck down? You fucking idiot.

Thread fail. Citing Mother Jones and touting an opinion piece was your first mistake.

Attack the messenger, not the message? Is that it? How uncouth and childish.

Once again the irony from the racist far left Obama drone.

That statement was posted by Templar Kormac in a previous thread, you fucking monkey.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8342993-post661.html

Goddam you people are easy targets. Was it hot on the bus you just tumbled out of ??

lolol

Straight from Mother Jones. I don't think so. Those companies they invested in don't specialize in just making abortifacients. They make a wide array of drugs that the Hobby Lobby plan covers.

Thread fail. Citing Mother Jones and touting an opinion piece was your first mistake.

forbes isnt motherjones fatty

Once again the irony being called a drone from someone who types that sentence 40 times a day

As always the racist far left Obama drones do not understand when they are being mocked!

Since these comments are coming from a racist far left Obama drone what do they know outside of their programming!

That statement was posted by Templar Kormac in a previous thread, you fucking monkey.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8342993-post661.html

Goddam you people are easy targets. Was it hot on the bus you just tumbled out of ??

lolol

hqdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back