'Honest Politician'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Google it. Only results seem to suggest it's only an oxymoron. Thought about looking into it since there are so many 'President Obama lied...' threads to which I'm always thinking, "Yes. And?" because he's a politician. What'd ya expect? Honesty? :)

"'Honest Politician'"

jumbo shrimp

new tradition

holy war

original copy

plastic glass

uninvited guest

highly depressed

live recording

authentic reproduction

partial cease-fire

limited lifetime guarantee

elevated subway

dry lake

true replica

forward lateral

Yes I expect honesty. Im expected to be honest in my life. I see no reason not to expect our political leaders to be honest as well.

I know the "joke" is that Honest Politician is an oxymoron, but it doesn't have to be that way. Governor Rick Scott here in Florida had been more honest and honorable than most. He has done what he said he would do, no lies no deciet and no broken promises.

We need to end the careers of lying politicians, and reward the honest ones. Keeping liars in office like Obama only encourages the behavior. They need to go as soon as possible and need to have their feet held to the fire until they are gone. That's the only way to stop it.

Whats the old joke how do you know when a politician is lying when he's talking. A politician can not get elected by being honest and most people don't really want honesty from politicians if someone running for President was asked how would you start to lower our 17 trillion dollar debt and they honestly answered by increasing taxes greatly and across the board on everyone and huge spending cuts that are going to be long and painful they would be toast.

The sad thing is that everyone knows it, but there are so many who are willing to look the other way when the liar has the correct letter after their name.

The decay continues.

Watching a block of Law and Order episodes yesterday they mention something that seems applicable: bystander effect. Where during a crime or emergency with many bystanders, everyone freezes or otherwise doesn't act assuming someone else will call 911 or render assistance.

I think maybe it's what's going on with us in the US knowing things are screwed up, politicians are corrupt and on the take, and things are unfair, yet we assume someone else will do something about it. When we're all 'someone else' to someone else (nod to "Calvin and Hobbes.")

I know the "joke" is that Honest Politician is an oxymoron, but it doesn't have to be that way. Governor Rick Scott here in Florida had been more honest and honorable than most. He has done what he said he would do, no lies no deciet and no broken promises.

We need to end the careers of lying politicians, and reward the honest ones. Keeping liars in office like Obama only encourages the behavior. They need to go as soon as possible and need to have their feet held to the fire until they are gone. That's the only way to stop it.

Now who's being dishonest here? Rick Scott can and has lied as much as any other politician, I hope he really enjoys his single term as governor because few of us have.

Yes I expect honesty. Im expected to be honest in my life. I see no reason not to expect our political leaders to be honest as well.

It is foolish to ever expect honesty from any government agent or politician.

They are legally sanctioned to lie to you with impunity while it is a felony for you to lie to them.

They are legally sanctioned to lie to you with impunity while it is a felony for you to lie to them.

Interesting you say that second part. Just read that on the occupy protest rules site about the FBI alledging they can lie to us, but we can't lie to them. Didn't link to it not sure if that's actually true. :)

Interesting you say that second part. Just read that on the occupy protest rules site about the FBI alledging they can lie to us, but we can't lie to them. Didn't link to it not sure if that's actually true. :)

It is 100% true.

Even worse than the fact that they are all liars is the fact that none of them has any idea about their own worth, (or to be more precise, lack thereof), the fact that they are incapable to realize when they became obsolete, the fact that they seem to have no self-respect, no humility and no goal other than get re-elected.

If this wasn't so, there would be term limits.

Any actual Dem ''lie'' that's not a promise actually broken by mindlessly obstructionist Pubs or their greedy crony insurers...

This is one of the great ''achievements' of the RW Propaganda Machine and lying, thieving Pubs in general- ruining the public's respect for gov't and public service...

Yes, and the Democrats are foaming at the mouth mad about it.
I voted for him the first time and will again. The only thing I disagreed with him on is the Tim Finch indictment and trial, but it did help us Second Amendment advocates. Now we have precedent that supports our right to keep and bear arms.

Any actual Dem ''lie'' that's not a promise actually broken by mindlessly obstructionist Pubs or their greedy crony insurers...

This is one of the great ''achievements' of the RW Propaganda Machine and lying, thieving Pubs in general- ruining the public's respect for gov't and public service...

WHAT!! You must be off your skitzoid drugs!:cuckoo:

14-You bet your ass, hater dupe lol...

Evidently this is directed at me.

This is what I find so fascinating about partisan ideologues. Does Franco really believe that Democrats don't lie? Has he really talked himself into that? Or is he just bullshitting, playing a game? Is he just terribly naive? Has he always been like this, or did it happen over time? What is it like to exist in such an abject ideological vacuum, where you simply won't allow yourself to admit the obvious?

Further, he constantly calls others "haters" when there are few on this board who post more hatefully than he. That's another thing about partisan ideology -- it removes all mirrors, it evidently negates a person's ability to look at themselves objectively, it destroys self-awareness. And when you point that fact out, they appear to deny it at a cellular, fundamental, subconscious level.

Partisan ideology is a fascinating psychological/sociological/anthropological study, isn't it?

Last edited:

Now who's being dishonest here? Rick Scott can and has lied as much as any other politician, I hope he really enjoys his single term as governor because few of us have.

You are a typical lying Democrat; name his lies..................I'm waiting............not holding my breath though.

Forum List

Back