House finally votes to condemn Biden/Harris for the 2021 Afghanistan withdrawal

CrazyTrader55

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2024

What took them so long? This happened 3 years ago. Biden/Harris responsible, but let's see how long it takes for someone to blame Trump.

10 Democrats actually have an honest bone in their body and voted with the Republicans on this one.

NOTE:
The withdrawal culminated in the Abbey Gate terrorist attack on August 26, 2021, which killed 13 U.S. servicemembers, wounding another 45, and killed more than 170 Afghan civilians. The withdrawal concluded on August 30, 2021, when the last U.S. military aircraft left Afghanistan.

This wasn't in February, or March, or April, or May of 2021 ...the early days of the Biden regime. This was AUGUST. If Trump didn't negotiate a good deal, BIDEN and company had more than enough time to modify it.

Biden and Harris 100% responsible for this debacle.

Last edited:
There were seven conditions applicable to the Taliban and eight conditions applicable to the United States. While the Taliban did not attack US forces, which was one of the conditions, it failed to fully honor, any, any other condition under the Doha agreement.

Gen. Milley: (31:22)
And perhaps most importantly, for US national security, that Taliban has never renounced Al-Qaeda or broke its affiliation with them. We the United States adhered to every condition. In the fall of 2020 my analysis was that an accelerated withdrawal without meeting specific and necessary conditions risks losing the substantial gains made in Afghanistan, damaging US worldwide credibility, and could precipitate a general collapse of the ANSF and the Afghan government resulting in a complete Taliban takeover or general civil war.

I started the process. All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process.

Donald Trump: (22:53)
21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. They couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process when other things…yeah. Thank you. Thank you. It’s a shame.

It's just a political hit job. The backstabbing Benedict Donald holds most of the responsibility for the swift Taliban take over of Afghanistan. Why didn't he enforce the conditions of his so called conditional withdrawal on the Taliban? He didn't enforce those conditions in 2020 before he withdrew our leverage, over 10,000 troops, leaving the next administration with a skeleton force of just 2,500. Putting the USA in the position of either tucking tail or redeploying thousand of fresh troops to fix the problems caused by The Don ignoring the conditions on the Taliban, and extending the occupation past 20 years.

Sad to think the party of Reagan has become so anti America.

What took them so long? This happened 3 years ago. Biden/Harris responsible, but let's see how long it takes for someone to blame Trump.

10 Democrats actually have an honest bone in their body and voted with the Republicans on this one.

NOTE:
The withdrawal culminated in the Abbey Gate terrorist attack on August 26, 2021, which killed 13 U.S. servicemembers, wounding another 45, and killed more than 170 Afghan civilians. The withdrawal concluded on August 30, 2021, when the last U.S. military aircraft left Afghanistan.

This wasn't in February, or March, or April, or May of 2021 ...the early days of the Biden regime. This was AUGUST. If Trump didn't negotiate a good deal, BIDEN and company had more than enough time to modify it.

I despise Biden and Harris, but doing this now makes it so obvious it is a political stunt by the Pubs.

I guess they just took a page from the Dim playbook. Yes, it should have been done a long time ago.

NOTE:

Did they condemn Trump for being responsible for Jan 6?

Trump wasn't responsible for Jan 6th.
You live in an alternate reality.

Following Saturday's vote acquitting former President Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., excoriated Trump for his actions on the day of the attack on the U.S. Capitol, calling them a "disgraceful dereliction of duty."

But he said ultimately, he did not vote to convict the former president because of constitutional concerns. Actually, he said "Trump is no longer President so it's not appropriate to convict him in the senate. It's for the courts to decide. I believe we have charged Trump and he was indicted. Where is that case?

"There's no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day," McConnell said shortly after the 57-43 Senate vote that ended in the former president's acquittal.

NOTE:

Well, it could maybe have something to do with the election coming up. Fresh news about the Afgan failure just one month before the election.

You are correct.
Shit happens. Of course Biden feels bad. Do you know how many special forces died on Trump's watch because he sent them on high risk missions? No you don't because he wasn't transparent about it and Democrats don't play politics with this stuff. This is another ben ghazi. I'm sure Trump had plenty of those.

Trump is responsible for Ashlii Babbit dying. Does he care? No. He blames Capitol Police.

Anyways, the reason I came back to this stupid thread was this headline I just saw

Dumbest Congress Ever? A Look Back At The Shambolic 118th Meeting Of U.S. Lawmakers​

“One thing! I want my Republican colleagues to give me one thing — one — that I can go campaign on and say we did. One!” Roy said on the House floor, angrily holding up his index finger.

For a moment in February, the Senate appeared very close to a huge bipartisan breakthrough on immigration. Democrats wanted money for Ukraine’s efforts to fend off Russia’s invasion, but Republicans said they wouldn’t support the aid unless Democrats agreed to stricter policies at the southern U.S. border.
So Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) collaborated with Senate Democrats on a package pairing Ukraine aid with money for more border agents, border wall construction and faster deportations of immigrants ineligible for asylum. Their bill also left out expanding pathways to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, one of Democrats’ longtime priorities.
Trump ordered Republicans to kill the deal anyway.
Later, Biden unilaterally tightened asylum access, leading to fewer arrivals at the border, which Lankford took as half a win.

They couldn't even impeach Biden!!! LOL

Shit happens. Of course Biden feels bad. Do you know how many special forces died on Trump's watch because he sent them on high risk missions? No you don't because he wasn't transparent about it and Democrats don't play politics with this stuff. This is another ben ghazi. I'm sure Trump had plenty of those.

Trump is responsible for Ashlii Babbit dying. Does he care? No. He blames Capitol Police.

Anyways, the reason I came back to this stupid thread was this headline I just saw

Dumbest Congress Ever? A Look Back At The Shambolic 118th Meeting Of U.S. Lawmakers​

“One thing! I want my Republican colleagues to give me one thing — one — that I can go campaign on and say we did. One!” Roy said on the House floor, angrily holding up his index finger.

For a moment in February, the Senate appeared very close to a huge bipartisan breakthrough on immigration. Democrats wanted money for Ukraine’s efforts to fend off Russia’s invasion, but Republicans said they wouldn’t support the aid unless Democrats agreed to stricter policies at the southern U.S. border.
So Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) collaborated with Senate Democrats on a package pairing Ukraine aid with money for more border agents, border wall construction and faster deportations of immigrants ineligible for asylum. Their bill also left out expanding pathways to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, one of Democrats’ longtime priorities.
Trump ordered Republicans to kill the deal anyway.
Later, Biden unilaterally tightened asylum access, leading to fewer arrivals at the border, which Lankford took as half a win.

They couldn't even impeach Biden!!! LOL
I stopped reading as soon as I saw the word TRUMP in your "analysis".

The debacle happened on Biden's watch, 7 months after he took office. The buck stops with him.

I stopped reading as soon as I saw the word TRUMP in your "analysis".

The debacle happened on Biden's watch, 7 months after he took office. The buck stops with him.

Are you talking about Biden getting us out of Afghanistan and only 13 people dying? Seems pretty low to me. I though you meant inflation.​

Ron DeSantis and Chris Christie Call Out Trump for Adding to Federal Debt​

"He owes it to you to defend his record where they added $7.8 trillion to the debt that set the stage for the inflation that we have."​

The country’s current “inflationary spiral” can also be traced back to COVID-19, Maher said, describing the trillions of dollars the government issued throughout the pandemic. This, he noted, should not be pinned on President Joe Biden, but his predecessor, former President Donald Trump.

“We’re going to bring back Trump?” he asked. “The guy who ignored COVID like it was the dinner check? Talk about not learning anything.”

I despise Biden and Harris, but doing this now makes it so obvious it is a political stunt by the Pubs.

I guess they just took a page from the Dim playbook. Yes, it should have been done a long time ago.
There has been no political hit job by Democrats. Trump violated the constitutrion.

Forum List

Back