House Votes To Strip Marjorie Taylor Greene Of Committee Assignments

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Thursday evening, the House voted 230-199—with 11 Republicans voting with the Democrats— to remove Greene from her committees. It is, as Speaker Nancy Pelosi said, “unfortunate” that it came to that. “You would think that the Republican leadership in the Congress would have some sense of responsibility to this situation,” she said. But they did not.

That poor girl.

Last edited:
So, I'm just curious, and, I don't know the answer here so someone please enlighten me. Where do the democrats get the ability to tell the Republicans who they are allowed to assign to committees? I thought it was up to each party to decide who they were going to have on those committees? Even though democrats have the majority, that just means they chair the committees, but the Republicans can assign whomever they want to be on those committees, right?

I wasn't aware that just because democrats chair them, that they had authority to select or eject members for the other side?

Thursday evening, the House voted 230-199—with 11 Republicans voting with the Democrats— to remove Greene from her committees. It is, as Speaker Nancy Pelosi said, “unfortunate” that it came to that. “You would think that the Republican leadership in the Congress would have some sense of responsibility to this situation,” she said. But they did not.

But at least AOC who lied about the Capitol Riots faces no backlash - for her filthy lies..

{

"AOC wasn’t even in the Capitol building where all the action was going down. If she was in her office, she was in the Cannon Building, which is nearby, but a different building. But of course, many didn’t get the logistics and just assumed that she was in the Capitol building," wrote Nick Arama at our sister site.

Her "near-death experience" was an overreaction to a Capitol Police officer knocking on her door to direct her to another building, the Longworth Building, where she then stayed in the office of Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA). Instead of thanking the officer, she paints him as somehow a possible danger of which to be afraid. The Capitol Police were likely trying to evacuate the building quickly. It’s possible the officer was focused on getting people out quickly, so they likely didn’t have time for all the niceties.

}

I was unaware that the opposing party had the power to strip a Congressman of her committee assignments.
Sorry, didn't mean to steal your thunder. I had written out that whole post before I read yours. Lol

And appropriately so.

She has only herself to blame.

Well, Marjorie will ways have her cardboard cut out of Trump to rub her hand on his crotch when she is down and out.

Yeah, I wish it had not happened. Democrats would be a lot better off with the nutcase on committees, as a constant embarrassment to the Trump cult. You can bet your sweet one that she would continue with her "free speech" looney tunes crap, with no more than a nod and wink from the cult members, who would pat her on the back for being a nut case.

That poor girl.
Meanwhile AOC spews lies about being in imminent danger and almost dying during the Capitol riot.

That poor girl.
She should have been expelled from the House for here stand against essential every thing the CDC recommended to stop the spread of the virus, her anti-Semitic and Islamophobic views she expressed in public, her support for the QAnon conspiracy theories, and calling for the murder of the Speaker of House. If we get enough people like this leading the nation, they will destroy it.

That poor girl.
She should have been expelled from the House for here stand against essential every thing the CDC recommended to stop the spread of the virus, her anti-Semitic and Islamophobic views she expressed in public, her support for the QAnon conspiracy theories, and calling for the murder of the Speaker of House. If we get enough people like this leading the nation, they will destroy it.
I don't agree with her being removed from the House, but I agree with all the rest. Maybe like USMB members, politicians too will think twice before sticking their chests out about political violence.

That poor girl.
I don't agree with her being removed from the House, but I agree with all the rest. Maybe like USMB members, politicians too will think twice before sticking their chests out about political violence.
Political violence?

I do recall your supporting at least one post that justified beating people up for wearing a MAGA hat.

That poor girl.
Political violence?

I do recall your supporting at least one post that justified beating people up for wearing a MAGA hat.
Yeah? Show me.

Well, I think many congress people will feel more safe without Greene sitting near them in the committee rooms. Would you be comforatable sharing a conference room with someone who mused about shooting you in the head>

Forum List

Back