Houses that give you the creeps.

You should come to Detroit, if you want to see more buildings like that.

Passed through the airport once. Lovely view of the lakes on the descent.

But I heard Detroit was being rejuvenated.
They’ve torn down better than half the city. Many beautiful buildings have been destroyed. Detroit had some amazing architecture, as it was once a very prosperous city with a large number of wealthy people. It’s hard to believe now, but the city had the highest per capita income for a long time in the 20th century.

I went and looked.

Found this:

View attachment 361628
Half the city is now vacant land. At one time, it had 2 million people. Now around 800,000 and that number might be inflated.

They’ve torn down better than half the city. Many beautiful buildings have been destroyed. Detroit had some amazing architecture, as it was once a very prosperous city with a large number of wealthy people. It’s hard to believe now, but the city had the highest per capita income for a long time in the 20th century.

I went and looked.

Found this:

View attachment 361628
Half the city is now vacant land. At one time, it had 2 million people. Now around 800,000 and that number might be inflated.

You’re right; some lovely buildings. Particularly Art Deco. A favourite of mine.

I went and looked.

Found this:

View attachment 361628

You’re right; some lovely buildings. Particularly Art Deco. A favourite of mine.
Yes lots of Art Deco designs.

Most homes and commercial buildings were built by expert craftsman using virgin timber. They should have lasted for centuries, had they just been maintained.

I went and looked.

Found this:

View attachment 361628

Yes lots of Art Deco designs.

Most homes and commercial buildings were built by expert craftsman using virgin timber. They should have lasted for centuries, had they just been maintained.

I went around the Jersey Shore last year, to a town, forgotten the name of it, other than Bruce Springsteen had played there a lot.

This place had also had it’s glory days, some interesting buildings fallen into disrepair. But was now experiencing some rejuvenation, in order to bring it back to something it used to be..

You were charged money to go on the beach. To pay towards maintenance. Instead of raising taxes.

This was really creepy.

What was in Hershel’s Barn

52C06B8C-0067-40F6-98DB-076A14C04620.jpeg
38A18DC5-B10C-4248-97BF-413CFA3C4BB7.jpeg

Forum List

Back