Housing: Thinking outside the box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjdBUqJlmNc

I have been all about micro living for the past year or so, I love the little houses. My wish would be to live in a boat house, which is just a micro home on water.

Please watch the video, and let me know what you think. Or offer up for discussion other "outside the house" living ideas.

I live in the lower half of my sister's townhouse. We can live more comfortably with me here contributing financially than we can each on our own. But if I ever leave here, I hope to be able to live on the water, or right next to it, whichever. I don't care. Crabs (cancer) gotta have water.

try and get section 8 entitlement whores to live small....and they will cry to the fucking moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjdBUqJlmNc

I have been all about micro living for the past year or so, I love the little houses. My wish would be to live in a boat house, which is just a micro home on water.

Please watch the video, and let me know what you think. Or offer up for discussion other "outside the house" living ideas.

I live in the lower half of my sister's townhouse. We can live more comfortably with me here contributing financially than we can each on our own. But if I ever leave here, I hope to be able to live on the water, or right next to it, whichever. I don't care. Crabs (cancer) gotta have water.

I wouldn't want to live in a micro-home, one of those tiny one room things, but I think living on a houseboat would be nice, one with at least three rooms: bedroom, living room and kitchen. Houseboats come in all sizes.

A boat house, like the ones on the British canals, are neat and very livable.

The environment climate and political in which you live is what makes it problematic. If the river or canal or whatever floods or if it freezes or whatever, you don't what a houseboat. If the docking fees are high, then you need to figure that. And if you heat and cook with propane, be careful careful careful.

I agree the climate makes a difference. The warmer and milder the climate, the better for living on a houseboat. I'm from Seattle, and there are lots of houseboats (as in Sleepless in Seattle). But the climate is relatively mild, compared to the Great Lakes area for example.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back