How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

cute-animals-happy-dog-snata-hat-xmas-christmas-box-pics.jpg

Let us know how it goes. Have you tried petfinder.com ?
What a great idea! Have you found one yet?
Love the thread Luddly. I made a thread to match Mertex's cat lover thread but it didn't really take off. I just figured most here were cat people. I hope yours takes off! This is totally cute. :)
I think I'm getting a dog tomorrow. My mom has Alzheimer's and I think a dog will cheer us all up. I hope I can find a beagle or other cool adult dog. Don't want a puppy. I know they're cute but a lot of work. Plus I'll save a sad old dog who some human let down.

My last beagle was neglected and I turned her into a spoiled bitch.
An adopt a beagle place is going to interview me tomorrow for a half hour to an hour on the phone and then a home visit all before they will let you adopt.

OMG, I was going to say screw the long beagle adoption process and save a dog name Gerti from the Humane Society but I think she got adopted because her picture isn't on their website anymore. I was going to adopt her last Saturday but my back seat was full and I had my mom with me and my place wasn't ready for a dog so I said if she didn't get adopted I would go save her this weekend. I'm ok as long as she found a good home. I told them not to put her down and they said they don't do that anymore.

Love the thread Luddly. I made a thread to match Mertex's cat lover thread but it didn't really take off. I just figured most here were cat people. I hope yours takes off! This is totally cute. :)
I think I'm getting a dog tomorrow. My mom has Alzheimer's and I think a dog will cheer us all up. I hope I can find a beagle or other cool adult dog. Don't want a puppy. I know they're cute but a lot of work. Plus I'll save a sad old dog who some human let down.

An adopt a beagle place is going to interview me tomorrow for a half hour to an hour on the phone and then a home visit all before they will let you adopt.

OMG, I was going to say screw the long beagle adoption process and save a dog name Gerti from the Humane Society but I think she got adopted because her picture isn't on their website anymore. I was going to adopt her last Saturday but my back seat was full and I had my mom with me and my place wasn't ready for a dog so I said if she didn't get adopted I would go save her this weekend. I'm ok as long as she found a good home. I told them not to put her down and they said they don't do that anymore.
No, I'll try it now.

Each rescue has their different requirements. When you find a dog, click on their web page to see what they are. Some are easier than others.

No, I'll try it now.

The animal shelters are full of pitbulls or mixes. They need to INSIST if you adopt a pit you have to get it fixed. And they need to go into the hood and INSIST those people fix their pits. Too many of them sitting in shelters.

Most shelters and rescues require the dog be fixed before being able to be adopted, any breed.
The animal shelters are full of pitbulls or mixes. They need to INSIST if you adopt a pit you have to get it fixed. And they need to go into the hood and INSIST those people fix their pits. Too many of them sitting in shelters.

The reason people buy pitbulls is for their aggressiveness. They aren't going to get them fixed. The breed should be banned.

The reason people buy pitbulls is for their aggressiveness. They aren't going to get them fixed. The breed should be banned.
I'm looking at a 7 plus year old beagle name snoopy

Oh, how sweet. I love Snoopy!!

Snoopy-peanuts-239684_1024_768.jpg

Oh, how sweet. I love Snoopy!!

Snoopy-peanuts-239684_1024_768.jpg
I found a snoopy Christmas shirt. I love it!

We should have a law in this country that no one can obtain or purchase a dog or cat w/o a license, and if the animal is not going to be officially used for breeding purposes, it should be fixed within its first year of life. My god how that would solve problems! And there should be very high and rigorous laws regarding being a breeder.

Forum List

Back