How about that Gamestop??

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Nothing fishy here... a lot of Reddit folks, either in truth or imagined, supposedly caught market cheaters in an organized sell off to lower stock values, and then planned to buy back low... along came Reddit.... and something else happened. Those who sold off their shares lost them to Reddit short sellers... so a shit ton of low players made a fortune (as of now... but they better act fast when it re-opens)... now Gamestop has a real problem... their majority owners are now a bunch of short selling kids.

game.png

My son showed me this yesterday, his initial $100 investment is now valued at $700. I told him to sell the instant the markets open, and leave maybe $200 in it if it has a 2nd rebound. And that is if Gamestop allows trading tomorrow.
Dangerous game to play.

Nothing fishy here... a lot of Reddit folks, either in truth or imagined, supposedly caught market cheaters in an organized sell off to lower stock values, and then planned to buy back low... along came Reddit.... and something else happened. Those who sold off their shares lost them to Reddit short sellers... so a shit ton of low players made a fortune (as of now... but they better act fast when it re-opens)... now Gamestop has a real problem... their majority owners are now a bunch of short selling kids.

View attachment 447884

supposedly caught market cheaters in an organized sell off to lower stock values,

Market cheaters? Tell me more!

View attachment 447884

supposedly caught market cheaters in an organized sell off to lower stock values,

Scuttlebutt out there.... they are toast. May not recover.

View attachment 447884

Thanks for the link.

I didn't see mention of market cheaters in the article. Did you?

View attachment 447884

Thanks for the link.

Two things.... one I said Reddit day traders "supposedly" caught Marvin cheating.... by borrowing/creating a large short sell to force down Gamestop shares, and then buy back.
Not really "cheating" but it is said Marvin collaborated with other firms to also short sell.... and that, if true, is cheating.
Sooo.... a bunch of Reddit investors rushed in to buy all of the Gamestop shares (which did happen) and Marvin is left with the debt of the short sell.
This kind of thing is likely not to appear in mass media. The large firms don't take to kindly to the common folk getting smart.
I wouldn't be surprised if a few people get suicided over this :D

Meanwhile Gamestop is in near panic. Now their largest shareholders are a bunch of pissed off kids.

View attachment 447884

Thanks for the link.

Two things.... one I said Reddit day traders "supposedly" caught Marvin cheating.... by borrowing/creating a large short sell to force down Gamestop shares, and then buy back.
Not really "cheating" but it is said Marvin collaborated with other firms to also short sell.... and that, if true, is cheating.
Sooo.... a bunch of Reddit investors rushed in to buy all of the Gamestop shares (which did happen) and Marvin is left with the debt of the short sell.
This kind of thing is likely not to appear in mass media. The large firms don't take to kindly to the common folk getting smart.
I wouldn't be surprised if a few people get suicided over this :D

Meanwhile Gamestop is in near panic. Now their largest shareholders are a bunch of pissed off kids.

How is that cheating?

Sooo.... a bunch of Reddit investors rushed in to buy all of the Gamestop shares

Did the buyers collaborate?

and Marvin is left with the debt of the short sell.

You mean they're left with a large losing short position?
I didn't see debt mentioned.

The large firms don't take to kindly to the common folk getting smart.

Smart? You mean buying up shares (in the $40s-$70s) of a firm that lost over $1 billion in 2018-2019 and is losing hundreds of millions more in 2020-2021?

Now their largest shareholders are a bunch of pissed off kids.

Holding an expensive money losing company.

New Topics

Forum List

Back